U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:03 AM

1,048 posts, read 241,115 times

Advertisements

I camped out at Spence Field Shelter some years later as a teenager and walked the area extensively with my friends as we were curious as to how such a disappearance could occur. Spence Field clearing wasn’t very large as I recall so it didn’t take much effort to search it for possible holes or fissures. What struck us was the rhododendrons were so thick in all directions that other than the well travelled trail in or out it was hard for us to see how an abductor could have managed to escape. One of our group suggested a paranormal explanation and we’d heard about search dogs balking during the search but we didn’t sense anything unusual in the area, even after dark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM

11,315 posts, read 10,790,961 times
You might be on to something.

Try another missing case where the weather changed quickly.

Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM

3,329 posts, read 3,444,301 times
I have a feeling that this might be one of the missing 411 cases, I could be wrong though. I may have heard it being discussed on midnight in the desert perhaps.
There are any cases of this kind, the last person in the line of hikers, kids disappearing very close and nothing found or something found miles away from. The original area

I believe there is an aggressive type of dogman which takes people in bright clothing. Not Bigfoot because he is not aggressive but he is territorial. There is a big difference.

Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM

13,948 posts, read 3,690,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I have a feeling that this might be one of the missing 411 cases, I could be wrong though. I may have heard it being discussed on midnight in the desert perhaps.
There are any cases of this kind, the last person in the line of hikers, kids disappearing very close and nothing found or something found miles away from. The original area

I believe there is an aggressive type of dogman which takes people in bright clothing. Not Bigfoot because he is not aggressive but he is territorial. There is a big difference.
Still, if a dogman (or even another human being) had grabbed the kid and started to flee...the kid IS GOING to scream and yell, he was well within earshot range of his family.

Not only the sounds coming from a terrified kid...there would also be sounds from fleeing thru the thick brush, and forest floor (someone running or walking thru thick brush, while at the same time trying to keep control over a 6 yr old...this would make ALOT of noise).

Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM

Why not consider that he went up?

Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM

15,619 posts, read 12,529,672 times
Besides people falling down cracks and mines and bodies getting hung up in trees as they fall from great heights; there are also quick mud and quicksand locations that can swallow up unsuspecting hikers. Of course then we have predators.

One way of disappearing I have always wondered about is road disappearances. I know it is very unlikely to happen in the remote forested areas. But I have seen deer, that weight about the same as a human, disappear when hit in heavy trucking lanes. It only happens when raining. But if a deer gets hit in the fog and rain and lays in a trucking lane all night; by the time the sun comes up the next morning its carcass has turned into nothing more than a road paste. Rain makes a difference because the blood does not coagulate; otherwise large, identifiable, pieces are left behind. I think it might be possible that some human bodies have been turned into road paste and never found. But that is just speculation; maybe someday Myth Busters will check it out? They like to play with pig carcasses!

Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM

81,575 posts, read 74,680,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
It is in the article linked to in the first post. Isn't that why it was posted in this section instead of a more appropriate one for missing people?

Quote from article: or even something akin to the legendary Sasquatch, might have been involved with the kidnapping.
But why Sasquatch, when someone reported seeing a disheveled man coming out of the area later, rushing out of the area, and someone else had reported screams prior to that? Why jump to conclusions about Sasquatch or any supernatural explanation?

Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Searchers and dogs should have found a six-year old boy. Any den no problem. The stink and torn clothing would be there.
Not entirely true. If he fell off the trail down a cliffside, he could have been found and carried off by an animal down there. But also, let's not forget that a witness saw a man leaving the area later at some point, and others reported screams. One report said it sounded like "a child calling for help". Case closed, IMO.

Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM

Here's an excerpt from the article linked in the OP, with info that's crucial to the whole story, in case some members missed it:
[QUOTE]Key and his family were in Cades Cove on the day of the disappearance, and roughly at the same time that it occurred, and were hiking along Rowan’s Creek in the Sea Branch area when they heard what sounded like a “terrible scream” coming from someplace on an adjacent mountain ridge. Although this was reported on at the time in various newspapers, Key told Bouchard in 2016 that he heard what appeared to have been another scream, which sounded like a child calling for “help.”

Shortly after the screams were heard, Key and his family observed a disheveled looking caucasian man moving through the forest nearby, who went to the main road at the base of the trail they were on, and left quickly in a white automobile[/quote]

Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Besides people falling down cracks and mines and bodies getting hung up in trees as they fall from great heights; there are also quick mud and quicksand locations that can swallow up unsuspecting hikers. Of course then we have predators.

One way of disappearing I have always wondered about is road disappearances. I know it is very unlikely to happen in the remote forested areas. But I have seen deer, that weight about the same as a human, disappear when hit in heavy trucking lanes. It only happens when raining. But if a deer gets hit in the fog and rain and lays in a trucking lane all night; by the time the sun comes up the next morning its carcass has turned into nothing more than a road paste. Rain makes a difference because the blood does not coagulate; otherwise large, identifiable, pieces are left behind. I think it might be possible that some human bodies have been turned into road paste and never found. But that is just speculation; maybe someday Myth Busters will check it out? They like to play with pig carcasses!
You are grasping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal