U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 10:15 PM

14,868 posts, read 3,950,484 times

Advertisements

I would be interested to know why US special forces were brought in ( I may be mistaken on this, but Ive read they can only be used in an incident like this if national security is somehow involved) and they cannot just be asked to help because they were nearby or were not busy at the time...Does anyone know anything more about this, (protocol?)

Another thing I think is strange, is the FBI lead investigator committing suicide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2020, 12:06 AM

1,257 posts, read 284,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I would be interested to know why US special forces were brought in . . . .
The 86 page FOIA doc linked to in Post 59 details why.

Old 02-09-2020, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
The 86 page FOIA doc linked to in Post 59 details why.
It also says the area received heavy rain later that day too. (every weather site Ive checked says this area had 0.00 rainfall for June 14-22nd. Heavy rain moved in on June 23rd.)

Old 02-09-2020, 05:03 AM

15,924 posts, read 12,714,814 times
Here is a 6 minute YouTube of the disappearance:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...A4FF&FORM=VIRE.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:23 AM

370 posts, read 95,389 times
Quote:
It also says the area received heavy rain later that day too. (every weather site Ive checked says this area had 0.00 rainfall for June 14-22nd. Heavy rain moved in on June 23rd.)
I have found weather sites to be very unreliable even with very recent rain/snow events.

Old 02-09-2020, 11:41 AM

2,140 posts, read 1,011,858 times
Quote:
Please explain then, how a wild animal could have done this and dragged the body away WITHOUT creating a trail to follow? Or why the search dogs whimpered and were too scared to search?

* a predator such as a bear or mountain lion, when they drag prey away, they leave a trail behind that can easily be seen and tracked. (try dragging a 50lb duffle bag across the forest floor and see the trail it creates in the process).
Read the story of the 3 year old boy previously mentioned https://www.denverpost.com/2019/06/0...ance-20-years/ They found clothing, a skull cap and a molar in 2003, 4 years after the little boy disappeared. They believe a mountain lion got him.

Same thing could have happened to this child. The fact nothing was found isn't unusual. A six year old isn't so large they would have to be dragged away by a large cat such as a mountain lion after a quick kill. Finding clothing like they did with the 3 year old is probably quite unusual. After 50 years it is probably less of a chance of finding anything.

As for the dogs, if true they whimpered, maybe they caught the scent of the mountain lion and didn't like it.

Old 02-09-2020, 12:14 PM

5,826 posts, read 8,533,938 times
I wonder if the child fell in a cave or other sort of small hole.

Old 02-09-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Further down is a pic showing Special Forces being involved in the search. An important question is was it a bunch of them getting permssion to do so because they wanted to help out, or did the command order them to do so. If ordered by their command, it could be something related to the security of the country.

These are things David Paulides brings up time and time again. Lodestar's post below.

Why does the government reluctant to provide David Paulides with info? No one knows.
If the govt is reluctant to provide information...there is probably a good reason for that, implying that Paulides is likely correct on SOME of these cases being more 'sinister' and involving things Govt prefer to keep secret.

Old 02-09-2020, 01:10 PM

15,924 posts, read 12,714,814 times
Quote:
If the govt is reluctant to provide information...there is probably a good reason for that, implying that Paulides is likely correct on SOME of these cases being more 'sinister' and involving things Govt prefer to keep secret.
The government is moved by politics. The father of the missing child was an architect in Knoxville. I bet that he might have had political connections and the large search and military presence had more to do with his station in life. Of course we do not like to think of ourselves as having a 'class system'. But over the years sometimes it looks evident. I would almost bet that lower class parents in 1969 would not have had that kind of search initiated for their missing 6 year old.

Just look at how much the media focused on the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash. Just Google "Helicopter crash" and the whole page is about the Kobe Bryant crash. He is not the only person to have ever died in a helicopter crash. But he had the fame to make that a number one priority.

Old 02-09-2020, 01:16 PM

12,576 posts, read 21,188,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Author and former Law Enforcement Officer David Paulides has written a number of books on mysterious disappearances which are occurring in National Parks. He's been a guest on a number of podcasts and complains that the government has been very reluctant to provide him with information for his research.

I don't know what to make of that. Wilderness areas are dangerous. Especially for people who haven't grown up in those areas.

Right now I'm listening to "True Crimes Garage" podcast about Dennis to get another perspective.
Well, I would bet two things on Paulides not getting info. First, a lot of these cases he’s looking into are probably technically still open, albeit cold cases. Second, as a parent or family of a person that has gone missing, can you imagine the pain? And now some guy wants to make money off my pain? How dare he. At least that’s my thinking. I know if I were in the shoes of those parents I’d tell Paulides to take a flying leap at a rolling donut off a very short pier, probably in language that would just show up as asterisks on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal