Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 03:15 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times

Advertisements

I am a bit of skeptic on these things. I know sensationalism sells and these ghost hunter shows exploit that.

But Sean Austin's videos are quite convincing. Apparently he uses some device he calls the spirit box that can pick up the dead's voices through radio frequencies. He regularly broadcasts live videos on periscope so this isn't edited and manipulated footage. Here is one video that is really creepy:

https://www.pscp.tv/seandaustin/1ynJOpLRMgAxR

Thoughts or opinions on this? I suppose he could just have prerecorded all the sounds and playing them and acting for the camera. But that sure is a lot of effort just to fool people. It's not like he is going to gain much viewership through periscope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 07:33 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,012,094 times
I don't know what they are for sure, but they are NOT dead humans, AKA "Ghosts".

Demonic (especially the ones that most definitely respond to questions), time slips, things of that nature.

Old 02-11-2020, 02:58 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I am a bit of skeptic on these things. I know sensationalism sells and these ghost hunter shows exploit that.

But Sean Austin's videos are quite convincing. Apparently he uses some device he calls the spirit box that can pick up the dead's voices through radio frequencies. He regularly broadcasts live videos on periscope so this isn't edited and manipulated footage. Here is one video that is really creepy:

https://www.pscp.tv/seandaustin/1ynJOpLRMgAxR

Thoughts or opinions on this? I suppose he could just have prerecorded all the sounds and playing them and acting for the camera. But that sure is a lot of effort just to fool people. It's not like he is going to gain much viewership through periscope.
I tend to agree that this is real...
but only because a few things that's happened to me ….from spirits that have passed..

we are beyond arrogant if we think we know everything in this universe..

Old 02-11-2020, 12:48 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
I have been involved with EVP for 25 years, and voices from beyond are extremely real.
If you want more clarification, google the name Sarah Estep.
Tons of information about evp, and voices from beyond.

Bob.

Old 02-11-2020, 01:42 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Of course I am a skeptic on the dead talking; just like I am a skeptic on Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster. Here is my reasoning:

Our brain cells turn to mush; there is nothing left to reason or think after death.

OK, even if time is endless and souls live on forever as a pure energy source; why are we better than our ancestors? Most of the ghost stories we hear only go back days, weeks, years or even centuries. But humans have been on this planet for about 200,000 years. If mediums are communicating with the dead; how about all of them? I am surprised that our ancient ancestors would not be interested in how we evolved?

If you go down the road where one soul has more energy than another soul and will last a longer period of time; isn't that discrimination?

There are so many problems thinking this through it is just easier to assume there is nothing. Besides the Great Randi never had to pay out any money!

Old 02-11-2020, 02:50 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
A few weeks ago I posted about the Amazon show "Hellier". In it, they used a Spirit Box, and seemingly, was communicating with an ancient being. Take it for what it's worth.

Old 02-11-2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Of course I am a skeptic on the dead talking; just like I am a skeptic on Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster. Here is my reasoning:

Our brain cells turn to mush; there is nothing left to reason or think after death.

OK, even if time is endless and souls live on forever as a pure energy source; why are we better than our ancestors? Most of the ghost stories we hear only go back days, weeks, years or even centuries. But humans have been on this planet for about 200,000 years. If mediums are communicating with the dead; how about all of them? I am surprised that our ancient ancestors would not be interested in how we evolved?

If you go down the road where one soul has more energy than another soul and will last a longer period of time; isn't that discrimination?

There are so many problems thinking this through it is just easier to assume there is nothing. Besides the Great Randi never had to pay out any money!
The problem with your thinking is, it is done on a human scale.
Humans are limited in what they can know, and understand.
There are few of us who are privy to some things in the world of spirits that most have no understanding about.
Even those of us who are "gifted" in our ability to communicate with the deceased have our limitations,and, we sometimes question why our knowledge is limited at times.
It is limited by design.

The fact that most uninformed people , like yourself, do not understand what is on the other side, you are incapable of knowing how a spirit is able to communicate, though they lack a physical body made of matter.
You are equating the human body and mind to all that exist, and if a being beyond the earthly realm is void of body and mind, they don't exist.
Nothing could be further from the truth.

Over the years I have recommended a book that goes far beyond the human mind, and the human psyche.
It was written with the aide of mediums, and the spirits themselves, through what is known as automatic writing.
It is named, "The Spirits' Book" by author Alan Kadec.
You can google the title, and download the entire book for free.(PDF file)
I would strongly suggest if you want to learn more about the world of spirits, this is the best place to start.

The first 62 pages I found were rather dull,as they are devoted to the author, and the mediums used in translating the words of the spirits.
For the remainder of the book, it is done in a question. answer format, quite easy to understand.
There are many foot notes that go further to explain a particular answer given by the spirits, and some of these segments in bold print go on for a few pages.
They are additions put there by the author for clarification.
I have read this book often, and once in a while refer back to it when the need arises.
As well as being online, it is available in most book stores .

Bob.

Last edited by CALGUY; 02-11-2020 at 11:17 PM..

Old 02-11-2020, 11:11 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
There is really no way to determine if you are talking to or hearing the voice of a deceased human though.

Same thing goes for all the people that see 'ghosts'...too many people automatically believe they are spirits of once living people...We have NO WAY of knowing if that is true or not.

Old 02-11-2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is really no way to determine if you are talking to or hearing the voice of a deceased human though.

Same thing goes for all the people that see 'ghosts'...too many people automatically believe they are spirits of once living people...We have NO WAY of knowing if that is true or not.
You are obviously another candidate that should be reading the spirits book.
It will put any doubts you have to rest.

Here is the link to the free download.
https://ssbaltimore.org/resources/e-...irits-book.pdf

Bob.

Old 02-12-2020, 07:38 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Recording devices i just do not know about. Sorry.

Hope it is alright to say...I have an uncle that drops by sometimes...we have been buddies a few lives.
No demons or mischievous, non-physical spirits would Dare come near me.
But, clear sentences have been spoken to my sister and me both...our dad has saved her twice in near car mishaps happening.
So, funny cuz its dad's voice and wording...words my sis would never use...just cute.
I have Many stories of direction given to me in complete sentences...saving me from some big stuff.

If someone wants to think this does not happen, well ok...not much I could say about it.
I can't debate these things that happen to me and not to them.
But, i will mention, with me , these complete sentences are telepathic. If someone were right here they would not 'hear' anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal