U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2020, 06:16 PM

11,337 posts, read 10,802,977 times

Advertisements

Worth the time to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TvT...csxH8_a6LN65yA
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 06:38 PM

318 posts, read 78,914 times
Cool video. I also have no idea what is in the picture. To me it looks like 3 things of similar color set together. With a picture taken at a angle that makes it look like a deformed gorilla. To me the thing the person is trying to make a arm looks nothing like one and would have to be severely deformed to be an arm.

Old 02-10-2020, 07:46 PM

14,022 posts, read 3,719,704 times
It looks to me like a 'humanoid shape' sitting like the video suggests and either another one in front of it, or an adolescent, I think its 2 creatures, close together.

The head looks more gorilla than sasquatch though, not sure what to make of that.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:56 PM

15,641 posts, read 12,545,237 times
The video starts off trying to prove the Patterson film which you already know many of us dispute. Then it shows us a still photograph and that could be taken anywhere, even in a zoo. It could have been put together for a photograph; we know nothing about the picture other than then narrator wants us to believe that it could only be one thing - Big Foot.

Why did not photographer not snap another picture to try to probe it was alive or that it could move?

Old 02-10-2020, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The video starts off trying to prove the Patterson film which you already know many of us dispute. Then it shows us a still photograph and that could be taken anywhere, even in a zoo. It could have been put together for a photograph; we know nothing about the picture other than then narrator wants us to believe that it could only be one thing - Big Foot.

Why did not photographer not snap another picture to try to probe it was alive or that it could move?
Ive asked you before what you would consider to be proof...you said pictures would be a start...but, here we have a picture, and now you want another picture....lets say the guy did take another picture and it looked similar to this one...would that change your opinion in anyway, or would you still doubt?

I hope Im able to get some good pics or video come springtime!

Old 02-10-2020, 10:06 PM

15,641 posts, read 12,545,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive asked you before what you would consider to be proof...you said pictures would be a start...but, here we have a picture, and now you want another picture....lets say the guy did take another picture and it looked similar to this one...would that change your opinion in anyway, or would you still doubt?

I hope Im able to get some good pics or video come springtime!
I hope you are able to also!

In this picture we cannot even see the face; not that it makes any difference. Movement helps because we can analyze the movement and compare it with other known animals. All of this is only a start to proving the existence of something that has not been proven.

Like I said with my experience the two of us saw the mountain lion only 20 yards away. It was the middle of a bright sunny day. We were chasing it down the dirt road in my Nissan Frontier at that time - safely inside the vehicle. The speed amazed me because I did look at my speedometer and I clocked it at 35 mph. That is awful fast on a dirt road for a pickup; let alone a 'creature'! But to the people that matter; that is not proof. Two or maybe dozens of witnesses could not prove the existence of something that officially does not exist.

Old Yesterday, 06:54 AM

3,356 posts, read 1,315,010 times
No definitive proof, but the Patterson film, now 50+ y/o, is more likely than not a hoax. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson–Gimlin_film

The still photo looks remarkably like the sasquatch in Harry and The Hendersons. What a coincidence.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_and_the_Hendersons

Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM

17,581 posts, read 21,564,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
No definitive proof, but the Patterson film, now 50+ y/o, is more likely than not a hoax. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson–Gimlin_film
It was a hoax. See: https://video.nationalgeographic.com...c-7b3f24c90000

Did Patterson or Gimlin ever admit it was a hoax? No. Has someone invented a time machine to go back in time and prove they faked it? No.

But Bob Heironymous has come out and said he was the man in suit. See video above. Anthropologists who have analyzed the film say it's a fake. Wildlife biologists who have analyzed the film say it's a fake. Movie special effects artist not only scream that it's a fake, but they point out that it isn't even a very good fake.

More:

https://historycollection.co/the-hai...ing-events/11/

Investigating Bigfoot – Kathryn Hulick

Bigfoot News | Bigfoot Lunch Club: The Patterson/Gimlin Bigfoot Film is Evidence for Skeptics, not Advocates

Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
It was a hoax. See: https://video.nationalgeographic.com...c-7b3f24c90000

Did Patterson or Gimlin ever admit it was a hoax? No. Has someone invented a time machine to go back in time and prove they faked it? No.

But Bob Heironymous has come out and said he was the man in suit. See video above. Anthropologists who have analyzed the film say it's a fake. Wildlife biologists who have analyzed the film say it's a fake. Movie special effects artist not only scream that it's a fake, but they point out that it isn't even a very good fake.

More:

https://historycollection.co/the-hai...ing-events/11/

Investigating Bigfoot – Kathryn Hulick

Bigfoot News | Bigfoot Lunch Club: The Patterson/Gimlin Bigfoot Film is Evidence for Skeptics, not Advocates
Think about this for a minute...if there was an effort to hide the existence of this creature, wouldnt it make perfect sense to 'debunk' a very clear video of one walking?

Everything I have read on it, points to it being legit, People that work in Hollywood and with animatronics,(spelling?), say it would have been impossible to create such a realistic suit at the time, plus, you can see the muscles ripple and tense as it walks, heck, you can even see a hernia on the backside!

The 'walking gait' has been studied numerous times, and they have tried all sorts of different body types to replicate the gait and none can do it.

Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I hope you are able to also!

In this picture we cannot even see the face; not that it makes any difference. Movement helps because we can analyze the movement and compare it with other known animals. All of this is only a start to proving the existence of something that has not been proven.

Like I said with my experience the two of us saw the mountain lion only 20 yards away. It was the middle of a bright sunny day. We were chasing it down the dirt road in my Nissan Frontier at that time - safely inside the vehicle. The speed amazed me because I did look at my speedometer and I clocked it at 35 mph. That is awful fast on a dirt road for a pickup; let alone a 'creature'! But to the people that matter; that is not proof. Two or maybe dozens of witnesses could not prove the existence of something that officially does not exist.
The only thing I can think of to explain it would be wild gorillas.

Im not sure if there are any wild gorillas in the US, but I guess its possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal