U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 09:45 AM

14,126 posts, read 3,749,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
300 pound oil drums are not hard to roll. Of course it depends on the terrain and slope of the hill. Have you ever moved a car or pickup truck by hand? Of course you are not going to move them over rough terrain.

While you don't think that is realistic; what reason would a Big Foot have to move that drum? I think you presume it just wanted the exercise or that it hated clean water so it decided to toss in a drum of oil?
My first guess...the bigfoot didnt like the new intruders and their loud machines (destroying their habitat to make a road)...for MORE loud machines!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Yes! It is always kids, college students, hoaxers, people on drugs, or mental cases.
Funny thing though, back when I was a kid, we used recreational drugs quite often, we never did things like this, (we found better things to do)!

Old 02-14-2020, 09:58 AM

327 posts, read 81,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Funny thing though, back when I was a kid, we used recreational drugs quite often, we never did things like this, (we found better things to do)!
We did do stuff like that all the time. We also told "Bigfoot" stories to the city kids(our relatives or friends relatives visiting family). It is still pretty common among my friends to tell city folk fake stories, especially if we find out they are believers.

I live in rural SD and when I travel it is common to get people to believe we still live like people did 150 years ago.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:05 AM

11,393 posts, read 10,818,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
We did do stuff like that all the time. We also told "Bigfoot" stories to the city kids(our relatives or friends relatives visiting family). It is still pretty common among my friends to tell city folk fake stories, especially if we find out they are believers.

I live in rural SD and when I travel it is common to get people to believe we still live like people did 150 years ago.
Quite a few people that believe in the idea of flyover states; pretty much suffer from a condition known as EBI. Educated Beyond Intelligence. You can live in any state and suffer it as well.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post

Well, I was a city kid, so maybe it was different for kids growing up in the country.

We heard of Bigfoot back then, but never gave much thought to it either way, in those times, our priorities were friends, partying, chasing girls, drugs, drinking, etc!! LOL

Old 02-14-2020, 10:15 AM

11,393 posts, read 10,818,271 times
The first I ever heard or read of BF was in the Boy Scout magazine and the article posted by 62. That didn't apply to us because I had no real sense of how far way Ca, was other than it was by the Pacific ocean. To further add to the disconnect from BF. About a year later we drove to Ca, and I rode all the way there In the back of a 49 Chevy in June-July. That was a long trip.
My first experience was 8-10 yrs later and the next morning we still had no idea thoughts about any BF at all.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:03 AM

11,356 posts, read 13,044,493 times
Haha! I live in a rural area and have people I know convinced that many people here still don't have running water, electricity, indoor privy, and *gasp* no cable tv! Too funny.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:21 AM

15,679 posts, read 12,565,960 times
Quote:
My first guess...the bigfoot didnt like the new intruders and their loud machines (destroying their habitat to make a road)...for MORE loud machines!
It does not matter what it is; you point the finger in the direction of Big Foot. We do know that humans exist. We have pictures and bodies and DNA. We even talk about things like Big Foot on forums and many times meet other people face to face. Census workers even tell us that a little over 320,000,000 of us live in the USA. That does not stop you; it had to be something that not one of you can prove exist. Ignore the obvious and embrace the unknown.

It isn't only that but according to you all people in government lie and hide information from the public. But people in bars and people that make a living off promoting conspiracies and unknown creatures always tell the truth. I keep asking for proof and not one body has ever been found. Every animal in the US and many humans have been killed on our roads or by hunters in our forest; but no Big Foot. All we are left with are campfire stories.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:39 AM

17,623 posts, read 21,584,953 times
Quote:
You're thinking of Hobbits, not Bigfoot.

Quote:
Hobbits are an unobtrusive but very ancient people, more numerous formerly than they are today; for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth: a well-ordered and well-farmed countryside was their favourite haunt. They do not and did not understand or like machines more complicated than a forge-bellows, a water-mill, or a hand-loom, though they were skilful with tools. Even in ancient days they were, as a rule, shy of 'the Big Folk', as they call us, and now they avoid us with dismay and are becoming hard to find. They are quick of hearing and sharp-eyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unnecessarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements. They possessed from the first the art of disappearing swiftly and silently, when large folk whom they do not wish to meet come blundering by; and this an they have developed until to Men it may seem magical. But Hobbits have never, in fact, studied magic of any kind, and their elusiveness is due solely to a professional skill that heredity and practice, and a close friendship with the earth, have rendered inimitable by bigger and clumsier races.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It does not matter what it is; you point the finger in the direction of Big Foot. We do know that humans exist. We have pictures and bodies and DNA. We even talk about things like Big Foot on forums and many times meet other people face to face. Census workers even tell us that a little over 320,000,000 of us live in the USA. That does not stop you; it had to be something that not one of you can prove exist. Ignore the obvious and embrace the unknown.

It isn't only that but according to you all people in government lie and hide information from the public. But people in bars and people that make a living off promoting conspiracies and unknown creatures always tell the truth. I keep asking for proof and not one body has ever been found. Every animal in the US and many humans have been killed on our roads or by hunters in our forest; but no Big Foot. All we are left with are campfire stories.
I understand and recognize that people and Govts both lie about MANY things! They have their own reasons for lying of course, some are logical, others are not. There are even some people that do NOT believe the Holocaust took place...they believe it was all a big lie! (despite all the individual accounts, from people that were actually there!)

I understand your frustration about the lack of evidence with Bigfoot, it bothers me too, I have no idea why its like this...However, ALL the encounters and sightings, over so many years, and so many different locations...that has to be taken into consideration...they cannot ALL be lying!

Announcing that you have seen a Bigfoot is not a good thing for most people, they end up being ridiculed, they are accused of being liars, hoaxers, and worse, some people may loose their jobs...why would people lie about such a thing, when there are so many negative repercussions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or