Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 08:02 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Will you tell us why?
Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 10:59 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
IDK, I tend to think Bigfoot is more associated with neanderthals rather than aliens...I will admit though, there is probably something else going on with them, (considering their ability to be so elusive over the years), I do not think that is coincidence though!

I think someone will come along one day and discover something about them, and everyone will sit back and say...Gee, so THATS why no one was ever able to find a body, or get a clear pic, collect hair, etc!! it will all make sense then.

Old 02-15-2020, 04:54 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
IDK, I tend to think Bigfoot is more associated with neanderthals rather than aliens...
At this point, we've completely mapped the neanderthal genome - and the descriptions of bigfoot bear zero resemblance to what we know about the appearance of neanderthals:

Quote:
... Contrary to popular myths, Neanderthals were not short, hairy, and stooped over—they looked a lot like modern humans but a few inches shorter and with more muscles and thicker bones. Neanderthals didn’t grunt and growl to communicate—they probably spoke much like we do today. Further, they actually had larger brains or “cranial capacities” (about 15%) than modern humans (how do you like them apples, honey?). They ate more than just meat—evidence suggests they also ate cooked vegetables and medicinal plants. They were artistic—archaeologists have found rock art and musical instruments attributed to Neanderthals. They were not savages—they cared for their sick, young, and elderly. And finally, important to know for loyal “Caveman Politics” readers, only some Neanderthals lived in caves—most lived in fairly complex teepee-like structures. ...

Old 02-15-2020, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
At this point, we've completely mapped the neanderthal genome - and the descriptions of bigfoot bear zero resemblance to what we know about the appearance of neanderthals:
Well, they have been around for a LONG time, native american indians knew of them and tribes had different names for them. Im not really sure what else they could be related to, they appear more human than animal (appearance wise anyway), they look somewhat like large gorillas, but again, more human.

One of the main reasons I dont believe the alien connection is, Bigfoot appears to be a hybrid between human and ape...(why would an alien creature, not from here, look like a cross between two earthly species)?

Old 02-16-2020, 07:59 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
We just don't know. I am saying that they are not alien. I am saying that these were humans before they were abducted. Some or possibly they are sucked up or beamed up to where I don't know. The bodies found and mentioned by DP are accidents or failure to properly transport. The BF is also conversion failures and just dumped back here or a test subject. We just don't know. There doesn't have to be an alien space ship. Any of that stuff you see on tv etc about spaceships is remotely possible. I am not really into this alien stuff, but it keeps getting in my face.
I have been thinking about this for a while and if and when I confirm it then I am done with it all.

These BF are not an unknown Primate.

Old 02-16-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, they have been around for a LONG time, native american indians knew of them and tribes had different names for them. Im not really sure what else they could be related to, they appear more human than animal (appearance wise anyway), they look somewhat like large gorillas, but again, more human.
All bipedal hominids are descended from Australopithecus afarensis. There is zero fossil records of a hominid anything like the size of bigfoot. Gigantopithecus is the right size, but it was basically a huge orangutan - none of its relatives past or present were bipedal. Bipedality (as a preferred method of locomotion) is pretty uncommon in the animal kingdom.

Not only native American tribes but as I've pointed out before other cultures with ancient roots (like the Basque) have similar stories. I wouldn't doubt some of these may be tales of interactions with other hominids (like neanderthalensis) in the distance past handed down through many generations (particularly for the Basque stories). But that assumes the transmission has been 100% accurate without Uncle Frank somewhere along the line thinking a little embellishment would make the story more enjoyable for the kiddies around the campfire -- or just mis-remembering the story. Basque stories of the gentilak and basajuan have clearly been modified over millenia to include the culture's encounter with Christianity - as well as making the ancient lords of the wood givers of metallurgy to humans (clearly a later embellishment).

Quote:
One of the main reasons I dont believe the alien connection is, Bigfoot appears to be a hybrid between human and ape...(why would an alien creature, not from here, look like a cross between two earthly species)?
If bigfoot were a real primate, it would likely represent an unknown species or genus of hominid, not a cross between human and ape (though a human-chimp or human-gorilla hybrid is I suppose theoretically possible, repulsive as that might be - but would likely be infertile).

Old 02-16-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
We just don't know. I am saying that they are not alien. I am saying that these were humans before they were abducted. Some or possibly they are sucked up or beamed up to where I don't know. The bodies found and mentioned by DP are accidents or failure to properly transport. The BF is also conversion failures and just dumped back here or a test subject. We just don't know. There doesn't have to be an alien space ship. Any of that stuff you see on tv etc about spaceships is remotely possible. I am not really into this alien stuff, but it keeps getting in my face.
I have been thinking about this for a while and if and when I confirm it then I am done with it all.

These BF are not an unknown Primate.
I was reading some stuff on the Bigfoot genome project and surprisingly, many of the hair samples they tested for DNA, came back as human (but with a mutation).

Its a pretty interesting website, (its very technical though), most of it was WAY beyond what I could understand, but they actually post the DNA test results and scientific reports on how the sample was found, gathered and processed. They were laughed at back when they tried to publish their findings and many people believe they were faking the whole thing, but after looking at their website, I dont think that was the case at all.

Old 02-16-2020, 11:49 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Definitely notable.

they tested for DNA, came back as human (but with a mutation).

Old 02-16-2020, 03:15 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Definitely notable.

they tested for DNA, came back as human (but with a mutation).
They actually have a decent review board and not all are on the same page with the results of the testing: http://www.sasquatchgenomeproject.or...__reviews2.pdf.

I quote: "I appreciate the additional work the authors have undertaking trying to meet the concerns raised
by me and the other reviewers. However, I am afraid that I do not find the paper worth
publishing. The authors still lack explaining in any convincing way how this "new species"
carries mtDNA genomes identical to those of modern humans only. I also believe that alternative
explanations exist as to why the nuDNA genomes differs from that of contemporary humans e.g.
mapping a mixture of animal DNA and human contamination to human reference genomes."

Of course the author disputes the reviews.

Old 02-16-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I quote: "I appreciate the additional work the authors have undertaking trying to meet the concerns raised
by me and the other reviewers. However, I am afraid that I do not find the paper worth
publishing. The authors still lack explaining in any convincing way how this "new species"
carries mtDNA genomes identical to those of modern humans only. I also believe that alternative
explanations exist as to why the nuDNA genomes differs from that of contemporary humans e.g.
mapping a mixture of animal DNA and human contamination to human reference genomes."

Of course the author disputes the reviews.
And that's how science works -- it's a back and forth dialogue between parties. The current consensus is always open to revision -- but there's an inherent conservation in the process that pushes back against change. This is a good thing because it prevents science from flying off the handle and straying from objective reality into subjective fantasy.

Major changes occur via paradigm shifts, as described by Thomas Kuhn. A crisis in scientific occurs in Kuhn's theory, and resolving the crisis may require a paradigm shift. We may see that happening in anthropology with the discovery at Gobekli Tepe, and in physics with the discussions surrounding the nature of dark matter and dark energy. But it doesn't always result in a change in consensus: for example, Pons and Fleischmann appeared to have discovered cold fusion back in the 1980s but it turns out to have been a dead end. This failure was discovered via scientists not being able to replicate their results.

That's what's happening with the DNA results discussed above - if alternative explanations exist (in this case related to contamination), it raises questions about the claims being made. Another example of this would be the original Viking lander results in the 1970s that seemed to suggest life on Mars. An alternative explanation of the results involving perchlorates was developed, and at that point in the absence of additional data science had nothing more to say about the results. Today, some are revisiting those results and saying well, maybe the experiment DID discover life.

Regarding bigfoot - we have nothing but tales and bad videos and a lot of footprints. In the biological sciences, you need a body as evidence. It's called a "type specimen" (the type specimen of the platypus, for example, has been in the Natural History Museum in London since 1798). Bigfooters may not like this, but that's how biological science works. Give us a body (as some of us have said over and over again) and we can talk. No body, and all we have are a set of interesting tales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal