U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-20-2020, 07:45 AM
 
11,520 posts, read 10,902,991 times
Reputation: 4515

Advertisements

Time wasters want us to keep running down the same holes.

Footprints, Scat, tracks, Photos, Arguments over video from 1967. Game cameras etc.(same holes)

Listen to this guy. At least the first 10 min.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17kfPRiTxls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-20-2020, 08:00 AM
 
11,520 posts, read 10,902,991 times
Reputation: 4515
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Here is the problem: elkotronics posted: "That video is great - it shows what real Bigfoot look like." - but he never saw a BF. He heard what he thought a BF sounds like and he saw a tree branch shake violently. So how does he know what a BF looks like? Then, even if he knows, he states that your video is great. But others have already pointed out that many of those pictures are fakes and hoaxes. So does he think that BF looks like one of the hoaxes? Does that video have any real pictures of a BF? How can we tell without evidence to support those pictures in that video?

I cannot picture myself being scared of any animal. I have been around horses and cows and some were pretty mean and dangerous. Nobody has ever said a BF is as large or as heavy as one of those. Three times I encountered what I thought were rabid animals in the wild and two of those times they came after me; none of them survived. I shot on teams for about nine years and can usually put lead in the right direction when needed. But here is the thing; nobody has been killed by a BF. There are about 20 people that die every year from horses and about 22 from cows. So why would anybody be afraid of BF?
It strikes me odd that I have noticed that when you make these posts about hunting.,it reminds me of another poster that has gone away. He said he was from Pa, just like you. and he talked like you about night hunting yotes. His online name was Pet from Philly or something like that. The first name began with a P and Pa. was the last name. He gave me the same feel of Passive-Aggressiveness in his post. After TM updated the TOS back in June of 2015.he disappeared. Are you the same person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2020, 08:23 AM
 
Location: St Paul's Bay, Malta
11,987 posts, read 6,800,260 times
Reputation: 3560
Oh my! Thanks for posting that video, gave me a good chuckle, it was a spoof type account I take it? I especially liked the one cocking his leg over a fence lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2020, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,911 posts, read 12,700,152 times
Reputation: 11960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
It strikes me odd that I have noticed that when you make these posts about hunting.,it reminds me of another poster that has gone away. He said he was from Pa, just like you. and he talked like you about night hunting yotes. His online name was Pet from Philly or something like that. The first name began with a P and Pa. was the last name. He gave me the same feel of Passive-Aggressiveness in his post. After TM updated the TOS back in June of 2015.he disappeared. Are you the same person?
There is one thing I know for sure about people with passive-aggressive tendencies; they always claim others suffering their problem. I did not even post on this thread and you start off attacking. You start off the tread with a video of a man talking for 22 minutes without one bit of proof to back up what he is talking about.

You also deliberately started this because you hate this video and you are dogging the bullet:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2020, 10:40 AM
 
14,809 posts, read 3,932,617 times
Reputation: 9511
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
People! Maybe aggressive ones without that 'passive' part!
'People' could probably shake a small tree, if the person was VERY strong and built, they could probably stand at the base and shake a tree with the trunk dia of around 4-5"...however anything larger, it would be impossible for a person to generate that kind of power.


I cannot remember if he mentioned what type of tree it was, or how tall, ( Im pretty sure he said it was large though...?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2020, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,911 posts, read 12,700,152 times
Reputation: 11960
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
'People' could probably shake a small tree, if the person was VERY strong and built, they could probably stand at the base and shake a tree with the trunk dia of around 4-5"...however anything larger, it would be impossible for a person to generate that kind of power.


I cannot remember if he mentioned what type of tree it was, or how tall, ( Im pretty sure he said it was large though...?)
He did say that it was a tall tree. I have a strong rope at home and if I would attach it to a limb I am sure that I could violently shake it; it all depends on where you attach the rope. You have a lot more leverage if you attach the rope closer to the end of the branch. Of course it would be harder to shake the limb from the base where it is attached to the trunk of the tree. But nothing is really impossible; if one person could not shake the limb maybe they had help or even pulled on it with a pickup truck.

One time I attached a rope to almost the top of a 20 inch oak tree and attached it to the tow hitch of my pickup truck. I started pulling simply to put tension on the rope since I was going to cut the tree down. Instead I pulled the tree down. It is all about leverage. It also helped that tree did not have strong roots in the opposite direction from the direction I was pulling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2020, 11:05 AM
 
14,809 posts, read 3,932,617 times
Reputation: 9511
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
He did say that it was a tall tree. I have a strong rope at home and if I would attach it to a limb I am sure that I could violently shake it; it all depends on where you attach the rope. You have a lot more leverage if you attach the rope closer to the end of the branch. Of course it would be harder to shake the limb from the base where it is attached to the trunk of the tree. But nothing is really impossible; if one person could not shake the limb maybe they had help or even pulled on it with a pickup truck.

One time I attached a rope to almost the top of a 20 inch oak tree and attached it to the tow hitch of my pickup truck. I started pulling simply to put tension on the rope since I was going to cut the tree down. Instead I pulled the tree down. It is all about leverage. It also helped that tree did not have strong roots in the opposite direction from the direction I was pulling.
Even using a pick up truck,( which he would have heard running anyway), but it would still have to be a fairly small tree...When my exwife an I bought our first house, I removed a medium sized pine tree from the side yard, the trunk was roughly 7-8" dia, I hooked a chain about 6ft on the tree, and tried to pull it...it lifted the rear end of the truck off the ground! (and didnt even bend the trunk).


And that was a pine tree (soft wood), if the tree he saw, was hardwood, FORGET ABOUT anything shaking it!! (maybe if a bull dozer tried!! LOL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2020, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,911 posts, read 12,700,152 times
Reputation: 11960
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Even using a pick up truck,( which he would have heard running anyway), but it would still have to be a fairly small tree...When my exwife an I bought our first house, I removed a medium sized pine tree from the side yard, the trunk was roughly 7-8" dia, I hooked a chain about 6ft on the tree, and tried to pull it...it lifted the rear end of the truck off the ground! (and didnt even bend the trunk).


And that was a pine tree (soft wood), if the tree he saw, was hardwood, FORGET ABOUT anything shaking it!! (maybe if a bull dozer tried!! LOL)
It all depends on where you hooked the chain and the type of tree. If that was a White Pine at 7-8" in diameter; it was probably about 15 to 20' tall. Had you attached the chain higher, at the 12 to 15' mark, depending on the height of the tree, it would have come down or snapped off (White Pines are brittle and prone to snap).

Do you have a tree close to your house with sturdy lower limbs? try putting a rope on one of those limbs close to the tip of the limb and see if you can violently shake that limb. Then try putting your rope closer to the trunk and you will see the difference.

One time I tried to pull a large grapevine out of large Oak with my truck and it lifted the back of the truck off the ground and pulled me backwards. But that was an exception to many vines I pulled out of trees.

As far as if elkotronics could have heard a truck running; he did not say how far he was from that tree. It would also depend on how long a rope was attached to the limb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2020, 12:29 PM
 
11,520 posts, read 10,902,991 times
Reputation: 4515
Blah Blah Blah TW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2020, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,911 posts, read 12,700,152 times
Reputation: 11960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Blah Blah Blah TW
What are you doing; the Blah Blah Blah thing instead of watching a good video on how to make one of these hoax videos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top