Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 06:26 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There is one thing I know for sure about people with passive-aggressive tendencies; they always claim others suffering their problem. I did not even post on this thread and you start off attacking. You start off the tread with a video of a man talking for 22 minutes without one bit of proof to back up what he is talking about.

You also deliberately started this because you hate this video and you are dogging the bullet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title
So you aren't denying it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2020, 07:41 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
So you aren't denying it?
You do seem to take this quite personally. Being that on the Internet and forums it’s very hard to catch subtle context clues,it does appear that you get quite upset over this. It does seem as if this is the, to paraphrase, “ the hill you’re willing to die on”.

And all Fish is asking for is proof. Which I think is what we all want — proof. DNA, a carcass, something real. These videos are not primary source proof.

I am like you, except in genealogy. In genealogy, as with most research, you need two primary sources to back up the claim. I have my birth certificate. I don’t have my dad‘s birth certificate, I should get that. But I have his gorgeous baptismal certificate. These documents list our moms and dads. I have marriage records that show grandparents. I have pretty much first and second sources is on most of my ancestors and even more sources than that in a lot of things. I’ve done way more things than hit a leaf to add a fact. I’ve been doing this way longer than ancestry with anything more than four CDs in a program to create a family tree.

But even here I have my brick walls. My great great grandmother raised my grandmother. My great grandmother was lost to history. My grandmother didn’t know her. And Granny never talked about her. Granny was my great great grandmother. A lot of my family didn’t think Granny was really related.

When I finally got her name, I found her and it was confusing. Something was wrong, I knew she wasn’t the same age as my great grandfather. And since he remarried after she died, she couldn’t of died the same year he did. Because that would’ve made him a bigamist. And in this tiny little area where they were, he absolutely was not.

It took several more years of searching all over the place on the Internet because I’m 3000 miles away, when finally one group transcribed a book that was available in some little tiny library I think in New Jersey and I found that my great grandmother died from tuberculosis in 1896. So for great grandma I only have one source. But I can tell you that source makes sense. But I’m gonna keep looking for another one.

But I can’t force my family to do the research I’ve done. The hours I’ve put in. The money I’ve spent. This isn’t a cheap hobby. Especially because at the end of it, no one really cares. They’re all interested, as long as they don’t have to do it, but when I die, this project might die with me. The most famous person in my lineage is the 25th Mayor of New York City, Isaac De Reimer, 1700. Another ancestor was one of Washington’s Life Guards.

But no one from the Mayflower, or a Salem Witch.

And it’s okay. I’ve accepted it.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:04 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
If this enviromental dna crap is legit and actually worth a damn, science should be able to prove or disprove bigfoot any day now.
I mean Christ, just grab some dirt from the next set of prints found and ship it to a lab. Easy peasy.

Old 02-20-2020, 11:54 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It all depends on where you hooked the chain and the type of tree. If that was a White Pine at 7-8" in diameter; it was probably about 15 to 20' tall. Had you attached the chain higher, at the 12 to 15' mark, depending on the height of the tree, it would have come down or snapped off (White Pines are brittle and prone to snap).

Do you have a tree close to your house with sturdy lower limbs? try putting a rope on one of those limbs close to the tip of the limb and see if you can violently shake that limb. Then try putting your rope closer to the trunk and you will see the difference.

One time I tried to pull a large grapevine out of large Oak with my truck and it lifted the back of the truck off the ground and pulled me backwards. But that was an exception to many vines I pulled out of trees.

As far as if elkotronics could have heard a truck running; he did not say how far he was from that tree. It would also depend on how long a rope was attached to the limb.
I dont recall if he mentioned the type of tree, but if it was a pine, the lowest branches are the largest (being able to shake them would depend on how thick they were.

I think we are getting to the point of being ridiculous though, trying to suggest someone had a pickup truck or a long rope hooked to the tree...for the purpose of tricking a 13 yr old boy, to make him believe a sasquatch did it? (if it was people doing this, I feel bad for them, they must have NO LIFE or be very bored).

Just curious, what city and state did this happen in?

Old 02-20-2020, 11:59 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
If this enviromental dna crap is legit and actually worth a damn, science should be able to prove or disprove bigfoot any day now.
I mean Christ, just grab some dirt from the next set of prints found and ship it to a lab. Easy peasy.
They have done this, numerous times...the results come back as being human (but with a mutation), they used to blow off these results, thinking the sample must have been contaminated somehow, but at some point, they figured out, the results may be correct, bigfoot is closest to a human in DNA, (but with a mutation).

Old 02-21-2020, 12:25 AM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
There was only 1 or 2 of the mutated human results that I am aware of. The rest were of known animals.

Old 02-21-2020, 05:06 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont recall if he mentioned the type of tree, but if it was a pine, the lowest branches are the largest (being able to shake them would depend on how thick they were.

I think we are getting to the point of being ridiculous though, trying to suggest someone had a pickup truck or a long rope hooked to the tree...for the purpose of tricking a 13 yr old boy, to make him believe a sasquatch did it? (if it was people doing this, I feel bad for them, they must have NO LIFE or be very bored).

Just curious, what city and state did this happen in?
I believe that he said it was one of the giant spruce trees and that it was in Washington or Oregon; but I could be wrong. Just try shaking any branch from towards the end of it and you will not have any problems.

What is ridiculous is that elkotronics never saw any animal and you want to use that as proof of the existence of BF! It could have been anything? I have pointed out how two of us saw a mountain lion in PA and that was not enough evidence to convince my State that they lived here. Without evidence we had nothing and my State was not even interested in coming out to see if there were tracks. So, now that my wife died, it is only my story that I saw something and that is worth nothing. I cannot prove anything; just like elkotronics can't prove anything. But here you are arguing about something you never saw and they did not either, but on the word of somebody that is anonymous, you feel it is the right thing to do! Tell that to a somebody that does scientific investigations so they can have a good laugh!

Old 02-21-2020, 09:12 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
:46 the original video had me convinced that was an actual gorrilla. If someone could find the original clip that'd be great.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:51 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
You do seem to take this quite personally. Being that on the Internet and forums it’s very hard to catch subtle context clues,it does appear that you get quite upset over this. It does seem as if this is the, to paraphrase, “ the hill you’re willing to die on”.

And all Fish is asking for is proof. Which I think is what we all want — proof. DNA, a carcass, something real. These videos are not primary source proof.

I am like you, except in genealogy. In genealogy, as with most research, you need two primary sources to back up the claim. I have my birth certificate. I don’t have my dad‘s birth certificate, I should get that. But I have his gorgeous baptismal certificate. These documents list our moms and dads. I have marriage records that show grandparents. I have pretty much first and second sources is on most of my ancestors and even more sources than that in a lot of things. I’ve done way more things than hit a leaf to add a fact. I’ve been doing this way longer than ancestry with anything more than four CDs in a program to create a family tree.

But even here I have my brick walls. My great great grandmother raised my grandmother. My great grandmother was lost to history. My grandmother didn’t know her. And Granny never talked about her. Granny was my great great grandmother. A lot of my family didn’t think Granny was really related.

When I finally got her name, I found her and it was confusing. Something was wrong, I knew she wasn’t the same age as my great grandfather. And since he remarried after she died, she couldn’t of died the same year he did. Because that would’ve made him a bigamist. And in this tiny little area where they were, he absolutely was not.

It took several more years of searching all over the place on the Internet because I’m 3000 miles away, when finally one group transcribed a book that was available in some little tiny library I think in New Jersey and I found that my great grandmother died from tuberculosis in 1896. So for great grandma I only have one source. But I can tell you that source makes sense. But I’m gonna keep looking for another one.

But I can’t force my family to do the research I’ve done. The hours I’ve put in. The money I’ve spent. This isn’t a cheap hobby. Especially because at the end of it, no one really cares. They’re all interested, as long as they don’t have to do it, but when I die, this project might die with me. The most famous person in my lineage is the 25th Mayor of New York City, Isaac De Reimer, 1700. Another ancestor was one of Washington’s Life Guards.

But no one from the Mayflower, or a Salem Witch.

And it’s okay. I’ve accepted it.
Please, please. I don't get upset and take it personally. I guess my writing style gives that impression. I have no hill to die on. No one wins an internet argument. In my local world, I am very well known as a person known to be one to not lie to because I remember so well.
I in years past was quite active in coyote hunting. This was in response to them as predators on cattle.
Coyote hunting at night in the winter on snow is a rare sport. Sure sounds like a great night sport, but very very very little success will you have. At night the trees and brush are a black background and the coyote is black. Only if he stays out on that white snow can you see them.. Sure at night, you can call them in with a Predator call; but you won't even see 99%of them unless they are out in the open on snow.. (Bear with me on these facts.) We tried it and it was definitely a good idea that won't work.

Back in 2015, I read a post from another forum member that was denying anything I said. He then posted about hunting coyotes at night. The first word and last word of his handle were a P. Also he had recently won a $5000.00 prize on City Data. He was being very passive-aggressive with me. You clarified the rules of TOS and he went away and never posted again since 2015 about anything BF as I remember

Both from PA. Both passive-aggressive both vehemently deny BF exists. Both speak of hunting coyotes at night on snow. I consider that BS.

Can you show me they aren't I looked some in the past to see if he post in the PA forum and i haven't seen him.

I think there are paid posters to deny the existence.

Old 02-21-2020, 10:09 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Please, please. I don't get upset and take it personally. I guess my writing style gives that impression. I have no hill to die on. No one wins an internet argument. In my local world, I am very well known as a person known to be one to not lie to because I remember so well.
I in years past was quite active in coyote hunting. This was in response to them as predators on cattle.
Coyote hunting at night in the winter on snow is a rare sport. Sure sounds like a great night sport, but very very very little success will you have. At night the trees and brush are a black background and the coyote is black. Only if he stays out on that white snow can you see them.. Sure at night, you can call them in with a Predator call; but you won't even see 99%of them unless they are out in the open on snow.. (Bear with me on these facts.) We tried it and it was definitely a good idea that won't work.

Back in 2015, I read a post from another forum member that was denying anything I said. He then posted about hunting coyotes at night. The first word and last word of his handle were a P. Also he had recently won a $5000.00 prize on City Data. He was being very passive-aggressive with me. You clarified the rules of TOS and he went away and never posted again since 2015 about anything BF as I remember

Both from PA. Both passive-aggressive both vehemently deny BF exists. Both speak of hunting coyotes at night on snow. I consider that BS.

Can you show me they aren't I looked some in the past to see if he post in the PA forum and i haven't seen him.

I think there are paid posters to deny the existence.
That’s really good to know.

And I can check that poster, because now I’m curious. And I do love research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal