U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 11:38 AM

15,887 posts, read 12,688,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I think some looked fake especially due to their size next to trees and the size of the steps they took while others looked promising.
That is the problem because there are no concessions. We have to buy all or nothing. Instead of throwing in every picture ever taken, including the hoaxes, it discredits all of them. If there is a real picture in the group then that should be the focus of our discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2020, 11:08 PM

14,724 posts, read 3,918,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
That is the problem because there are no concessions. We have to buy all or nothing. Instead of throwing in every picture ever taken, including the hoaxes, it discredits all of them. If there is a real picture in the group then that should be the focus of our discussion.
There is NO WAY to determine if a picture is legitimate or not.

Ive said this before on here, in the days we are living in today, NO picture or video can be fully trusted, given camera and image manipulation technology.

I saw some guys in TX playing around with a thermal sensing drone...they were using it to find wild pigs out in the wilderness areas and using the drone to drive the herd of pigs to them...the thermal image of these pigs on the screen was EXCELLENT, it was in black and white, but you could clearly see the pigs shape, you could see their little ears, tails, I was surprised how clear of an image it produced, but the model they were using costs around $25K (maybe thermal drones will come down in price over the next couple years?). I think they would be a great tool for finding bigfoot and other cryptids.

Whats great about the thermal drones, it would be almost impossible to fool one, even if some guy went out dressed in a monkey suit...the thermal will ONLY pick up their body shape, (so it would be easy to spot someone trying to hoax), it wouldnt pick up the suit, just the person.

Old 02-23-2020, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is NO WAY to determine if a picture is legitimate or not.

Ive said this before on here, in the days we are living in today, NO picture or video can be fully trusted, given camera and image manipulation technology.

I saw some guys in TX playing around with a thermal sensing drone...they were using it to find wild pigs out in the wilderness areas and using the drone to drive the herd of pigs to them...the thermal image of these pigs on the screen was EXCELLENT, it was in black and white, but you could clearly see the pigs shape, you could see their little ears, tails, I was surprised how clear of an image it produced, but the model they were using costs around $25K (maybe thermal drones will come down in price over the next couple years?). I think they would be a great tool for finding bigfoot and other cryptids.

Whats great about the thermal drones, it would be almost impossible to fool one, even if some guy went out dressed in a monkey suit...the thermal will ONLY pick up their body shape, (so it would be easy to spot someone trying to hoax), it wouldnt pick up the suit, just the person.
Besides the drones to locate wild hogs the hunters are using thermal sights like this one: https://www.atncorp.com/thermal-scop...ontent=Hunting. Those start off at about $2K and go up to about $3.5K.

The whole thing is that technology is out there and can see things that we could not see years ago. It is one of my strongest arguments why it is difficult today to believe this creature could hide; there is no place left to hide.

Old 02-23-2020, 08:34 AM

11,507 posts, read 10,893,501 times
Quote:
if you don't believe in Bigfoot -- why are posting about Bigfoot? No one is forcing you...

It adds nothing to the conversation. It’s a dismissal. It’s a scoff. There are tons of people who don’t believe in the paranormal. THEY don’t come here and scoff.

But to come here and dismiss people’s beliefs? Is very rude

Cherry-picked sentences from TM in the TOS

Old 02-23-2020, 09:16 AM

12,567 posts, read 21,173,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
if you don't believe in Bigfoot -- why are posting about Bigfoot? No one is forcing you...

It adds nothing to the conversation. It’s a dismissal. It’s a scoff. There are tons of people who don’t believe in the paranormal. THEY don’t come here and scoff.

Very cherry picked. Totally missed the part about stating post that are about the same evidence or lack of evidence over and over is also an issue.

Guys, you’re both beating a dead horse.

Old 02-23-2020, 09:42 AM

11,507 posts, read 10,893,501 times
I think I might just take a bit of a vacation. We are getting some nice weather off and on for Mo. anyway. I have been holed up from the ice and snow. I have ice grippers for my boots and on my crutches as well. Pain in the butt. Fresh air refreshes my realities.

I like this quote

“The smaller your reality, the more convinced you are that you know everything

Old 02-23-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

I come here because you come here and make claims you don't prove. I would love for you to prove what you claim. I don't tell you that you have no right to post on this even though you are not bringing new information to the forum.

PS I apologize to you Tallysmom; I would love to have something we can sink our teeth in. It just looks like it might never happen.

Old 02-23-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Besides the drones to locate wild hogs the hunters are using thermal sights like this one: https://www.atncorp.com/thermal-scop...ontent=Hunting. Those start off at about $2K and go up to about $3.5K.

The whole thing is that technology is out there and can see things that we could not see years ago. It is one of my strongest arguments why it is difficult today to believe this creature could hide; there is no place left to hide.
I dont think there are enough thermal drones being used to search for these cryptids though, they are just too expensive right now. The thermal rifle sights are pretty much limited to a persons visual range, thermal drones can search from high altitudes, giving crystal clear images.

If I could find a thermal drone under $2500, I would definitely go for it, but NO WAY can I afford $25K for a toy like that.

The thermal sensing drone they were using to find wild pigs could go up to about 1000ft, and could look down and search very large areas of forests quickly.

**I just wonder if you take a thermal rifle sight and 'rig' it to a normal drone, so the sight is looking down, I just wonder what the limitations of the rifle sight would be, or if it could search large areas at once?

Last edited by rstevens62; 02-23-2020 at 01:40 PM..

Old 02-23-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont think there are enough thermal drones being used to search for these cryptids though, they are just too expensive right now. The thermal rifle sights are pretty much limited to a persons visual range, thermal drones can search from high altitudes, giving crystal clear images.

If I could find a thermal drone under $2500, I would definitely go for it, but NO WAY can I afford $25K for a toy like that.

The thermal sensing drone they were using to find wild pigs could go up to about 1000ft, and could look down and search very large areas of forests quickly.

**I just wonder if you take a thermal rifle sight and 'rig' it to a normal drone, so the sight is looking down, I just wonder what the limitations of the rifle sight would be, or if it could search large areas at once?
I see that one company is offering up to a 40X magnification. That means that you can look considerably further than with the naked eye - I would also presume those scopes cost considerably more. When I re-looked at their advertisements I also notices this: "Never miss that Excellent Hunting Moment. Turn on RAV and let the ThOR record directly to your SD card." So, even if you did not pull the trigger, you could still get the shot (so to speak).

So when do we get you into military hardware with great night, thermal, vison?

I did find a link for thermal cameras that can be used with drones: https://www.dronezon.com/learn-about...imaging-works/. Maybe that would be cheaper to buy your own camera and put it on a cheaper drone? I really do not know; but there is a lot of information in that thread.

Old 02-23-2020, 03:40 PM

This is similar to the video I saw, notice how clear the image of the pigs are!!! They are not 'blobsquatches' at all, you can clearly see they are pigs....this would be amazing to take this drone to a bigfoot or dogman 'hotspot'!

You could sit in your car and let the drone search 100s of acres flying overhead, anything 'living' will clearly show up and the shape is easily identifiable.

I think Im going to look into this, and maybe come spring, I can take it with me when I go back to the OH property, Im sure the guy would love to use a thermal drone out there. Hopefully these things will come down in price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVnA-BYUdes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal