Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 05:36 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,328 times

Advertisements

Why do people assume all hauntings are from the deceased? After I loved out of the home I grew up in and my mother passed on. I would have vivid dreams of talking to my Mom in kitchen and I saw all new appliances. 2 months later I talked to my Dad and he told me had bought new appliances so I described them to him and they were alike! He also stated he thought he saw my mom in the kitchen.

I also dream about walking down the halls of my house or sitting in my bedroom. My Dad tells me he feels a presence in the home, and mentioned my bedroom.

I am thinking it's me. Wouldn't it make more sense the living are the ones haunting houses vs the dead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 08:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Do you mean curses and such or someone very negative who becomes the thing the wont go away?

Cripes, I hope people really have something positive to do with their free time., but there are some vindictive weirdos out there.

I'll just add, my definition of 'a haunting' must be differ, so you'll need to explain further.

Last edited by virgode; 10-21-2012 at 08:13 PM..

Old 10-21-2012, 08:20 PM

380 posts, read 1,155,813 times
Do you mean like astral projection or remote viewing?

Or do you mean the following.

I know that if 2 people have a strong connection they can sense each other's presence even when they are miles apart. Back when I lived at home with my mother, she got really sick. At the time, we didn't know what was wrong with her. One morning she went to work, but, before going to work she vomited and felt really sick. But, she went to work anyway. Later that morning I was laying in bed sleeping when I heard her call my name. It seemed like she was calling me from the living room or somewhere inside the house, but, it, also, sounded distant and not in the house at the same time. Anyway, it woke me up.

Later, when she got home from work, she told me that she had felt so sick she almost called me so I could come get her. I asked her if it was around 7-8am when she thought of calling me. She said yes. I, then, went on to tell her that I was awakened by her calling my name around that time.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:11 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times
Default Can people who are alive haunt other places?

This is a real phenomenon, often called a "crisis apparition" when living people appear as "ghosts" despite not being anywhere near the scene of the sighting.

Another similar phenomenon is a "thought form"; an entity created from scratch through metal visualization that can be experienced by others and remain long after it's creation.

It also strongly suggest that ghosts aren't actually the disembodied minds of dead people but are something else entirely...

Old 10-22-2012, 03:12 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,473,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
This is a real phenomenon, often called a "crisis apparition" when living people appear as "ghosts" despite not being anywhere near the scene of the sighting.

Another similar phenomenon is a "thought form"; an entity created from scratch through metal visualization that can be experienced by others and remain long after it's creation.

It also strongly suggest that ghosts aren't actually the disembodied minds of dead people but are something else entirely...
So living people can appear elsewhere with this crisis apparition. Do they know it is happening or have any control over it?

Old 10-22-2012, 08:21 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times
Quote:

Great post. This phenomenon may be an unconscious bi-location or projection of will that causes the recipients mind to process the image, Like a wi-fi signal.. There are cases of people getting a sense of something and then the other party seeing a sighting of them.

There are also non-paranormal cases of a living person returning to their old home being drawn to it again, Despite new occupants now living there. This may be creepier actually. It happened to me long ago after moving, Where a really shifty guy came after a month looking for his mail and packages,(There were none) And began hanging around the building and even tried to follow me to the supermarket. Told him to flake off.

Last edited by D. Scott; 10-22-2012 at 08:36 AM..

Old 10-22-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
There are also non-paranormal cases of a living person returning to their old home being drawn to it again, Despite new occupants now living there. This may be creepier actually. It happened to me long ago after moving, Where a really shifty guy came after a month looking for his mail and packages,(There were none) And began hanging around the building and even tried to follow me to the supermarket. Told him to flake off.
That's interesting; I've had the same thing happen to me. One of my home's previous owners (twice removed) showed up on my doorstep only a couple days after I moved in and two more times over the last few years unnanounced with some random excuse to be there. He hadn't lived there since the 90's but I could tell he was still carrying an obsession over the place, and my neighbors told me he really was obsessed with the house when he lived there.

I'm kinda embarassed to admit it, but I've become a bit obsessive about the place too, and the owners before that guy in the 70's and 80's were apparently in love with it and were heartbroken to loose it after a business failure and repo. It's also haunted... Perhaps there is a connection?

Last edited by Chango; 10-22-2012 at 10:09 AM..

Old 10-22-2012, 12:13 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,126,635 times
Quote:
That's interesting; I've had the same thing happen to me. One of my home's previous owners (twice removed) showed up on my doorstep only a couple days after I moved in and two more times over the last few years unnanounced with some random excuse to be there. He hadn't lived there since the 90's but I could tell he was still carrying an obsession over the place, and my neighbors told me he really was obsessed with the house when he lived there.

I'm kinda embarassed to admit it, but I've become a bit obsessive about the place too, and the owners before that guy in the 70's and 80's were apparently in love with it and were heartbroken to loose it after a business failure and repo. It's also haunted... Perhaps there is a connection?
There may be a connection, But the sense of the house being "home" in some people can draw them back with disdain for the present occupants in a place that they see as theirs. Most people can see and feel the place that was home to them by just thinking about it. Can be unsettling for the innocent folks currently living there.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
So living people can appear elsewhere with this crisis apparition. Do they know it is happening or have any control over it?
I doubt anybody has control over it or it would be science instead of supernatural.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:04 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,100,610 times
Yes it is possible. If you can remote view, there is a possibility that someone in that location can see you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal