U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 08:12 PM

3,425 posts, read 3,484,053 times

Advertisements

Did anyone see the Expedition X series 01 Episode 02?
Expedition.X.S01E02.Cambodias.Jungle.Monster

They are searching for the tek tek which is the same as Bigfoot in the cambodian jungle. At 35m 23s there is a clip from the thermal imager of something in a cave which was very smelly, which growled, and they say was standing up. From the image below taken in the cave, the top of the cave is at the top, it does appear to be standing. Maybe not a large cat or 4-legged animal, although it COULD be a bear standing on its hind legs but I doubt it in that cave situation.

Of course, thermal image photography does not prove anything except that it is warm-blooded and a rough outline, but to show you what they are discussing, here is the frame section.

Like all these programs, I dont think they really want to find anything but just want to make TV and profit. That's understandable but a shame and disappointing, so I cannot wait until someone comes along who really wants to find out the truth enough to stick with it until they get some proper evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2020, 08:33 PM

15,911 posts, read 12,700,152 times
Did you see the thermal images of the wild pigs in the other BF thread? You could easily tell that you were looking at a pig. If he really wanted to find out what was in the cave and was afraid to go in; he could have set up trail cameras to get the creature when it came out. Apearently he felt it wasn't worth his time.

I don't watch Josh Gates because I feel he spends all of his time promoting himself and hardly ever finds what he supposedly is looking for. Now it is even easier since I just cut the cable about a month ago.

Old 02-23-2020, 09:39 PM

11,476 posts, read 13,154,573 times
Josh is personable and entertaining enough.
But the schtick got old years ago.
His shows, like all these shows, never really find anything worthwhile.
Every epsiode has the dramatic build up and cliff hanger leading into the commercial break.
Every damn show, every damn episode.
Yelling, screaming, and then commercial break.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

Old 02-23-2020, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
He is also getting larger too I notice. Maybe it is as a result of getting older, but maybe also he does not go out himself on these expeditions.

This series, he stays 'in the office' and sends his 'team' to investigate. In earlier times, he would have done it all himself. Possibly too much success has blunted his 'edge' and made him lazy ?

Old 02-23-2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Josh is personable and entertaining enough.
His shows, like all these shows, never really find anything worthwhile.
Every epsiode has the dramatic build up and cliff hanger leading into the commercial break.
Every damn show, every damn episode.
Yelling, screaming, and then commercial break.
Wash, rinse, repeat.
Many of his quest are to find places or treasures that many have spent years looking for or even their whole lives. He wants the audience to believe that he can waltz in and in the matter of a few day; find what others have not found. While it is possible (especially because of the new technology); it is unlikely. But he wants his audience to believe that he has 'special talents' to find what the others could not. It is almost an insult that, because of his name, he should take the glory. I have to wonder if some of the researchers have deliberately pointed him in the wrong direction; it would serve him right! I don't think it would make any difference since he is only interested in filming the next show and could care less about what anybody finds!

Old 02-23-2020, 11:16 PM

14,792 posts, read 3,932,617 times
Thats probably the WORST thermal image Ive ever seen! It looks like 4 separate small animals to me.

Im starting to think that TV shows dedicated to cryptid searches like this, are really trying to accomplish the opposite of what they claim...look at Ancient Aliens as a great example, they have very quickly made the topic of aliens/UFOs seem laughable and ridiculous, especially with that one guy with the crazy hair, who is always saying, "it has to be aliens"...this is precisely how they go about discrediting the topic, they make it out to be so wacky and bizarre, hardly anyone will take it seriously.

Last edited by rstevens62; 02-23-2020 at 11:26 PM..

Old 02-24-2020, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Thats probably the WORST thermal image Ive ever seen! It looks like 4 separate small animals to me.
I agree it is not great, but I extracted it from the video and it is supposed to show.... I dont know, they never said it was anything. So, yes it could be 4 separate animals except that they never found anything there or in the cave generally. I really think they do not try very hard to find anything worthwhile.

Old 02-24-2020, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I agree it is not great, but I extracted it from the video and it is supposed to show.... I dont know, they never said it was anything. So, yes it could be 4 separate animals except that they never found anything there or in the cave generally. I really think they do not try very hard to find anything worthwhile.
Thinking it over that thermal image could be of where an animal or animals bedded down. The animal's heat is transferred to the ground it lays on and if the picture is taken shortly after the animal leaves; then a thermal image will display the warm areas of the cave floor.

So that could have been a BF or it could have been a picture of where Josh and crew bedded down for a few hours!

Old 02-24-2020, 07:44 AM

76 posts, read 14,393 times
Every ten years they (TV networks) recycle these mysteries for a new generation of TV viewers. I mean, geez, how long has ancient aliens been around? Since the 1970s is the answer. But some of them are fun to watch as they get to places you normally would not see on TV (like Josh Gates going to those Buddhist caves somewhere in India/Nepal).

Old 02-24-2020, 07:54 AM

364 posts, read 93,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Im starting to think that TV shows dedicated to cryptid searches like this, are really trying to accomplish the opposite of what they claim...look at Ancient Aliens as a great example, they have very quickly made the topic of aliens/UFOs seem laughable and ridiculous, especially with that one guy with the crazy hair, who is always saying, "it has to be aliens"...this is precisely how they go about discrediting the topic, they make it out to be so wacky and bizarre, hardly anyone will take it seriously.
They are TV shows meaning they are ALL made up, they are not real, they are for entertainment only.

Ancient Aliens is beyond hilarious with the crazy stuff they make up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal