Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 09:22 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Here's a new one for me Nancy Rynes, atheist, geologist + more. about 6 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZqAmIXCkNA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2020, 09:27 AM

Under 3 min ...another atheist. Pretty well known guy in NDE circles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VQiVQ4fa_4

Old 02-24-2020, 10:26 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Im pretty sure Ive posted this on here at some point in the past, but I had a close friend that had an NDE years ago after a heart attack...

My friend Jason was a nice guy, but he was not the best husband or model citizen, he regularly ran around on his wife, (he would have women at the house while his wife was at work), he was always involved in shady ways to make fast money, he was up to his eyeballs in debt due to the lifestyle he liked to live.

When he had his heart attack, he was clinically dead for around 7 minutes, I saw him about a week after he was released from the hospital, he was a completely different person now, he didnt joke around like he was known for anymore, he carried a bible with him everywhere, and he started going to church as soon as he got out of the hospital, he told me what he had experienced...

He said he was in a bar or club of some kind, there were many other people there, but he didnt recognize anyone, there was a band playing and the lead singer had the body of a man and the head of a Possum, he said 'it' came over to him and started talking to him, trying to get him to go somewhere with him, Jason said he instinctively knew this creature was Satan, (Jason was not a religious person in his life beforehand).

I asked him if its possible this was all a dream or a result of the drugs the hospital had him on, he said he knew for a fact he was dead, and he just KNEW who this creature was (this was tough for him to explain), he said it was one of those things where you just had to be there to understand how it felt. He did say it was NOTHING like he had ever experienced before.

He said this creature kept asking him to go with him, to the point he started using force and dragging him away, he said he was dragged thru a double doorway and when he got up and looked around, he saw terrible things, he claimed to see other people (men, women and children), being tortured, ripped apart, limb from limb, there was blood and body parts everywhere, he was trying to go back thru the doorway, but he couldnt find it...this was the last thing he remembered, the next thing he recalls, he is in his hospital bed.

To his credit, I did talk to his wife and another friend of his that were there in the hospital with him and they did confirm when he was brought back to life, he was in a state of shock, and the first words out of his mouth was to ask for a bible.

I will be honest, its hard to believe his story, but I knew Jason before his heart attack and I saw him change a complete 180 degree afterwards...SOMETHING terrified him during his NDE, and made him go straight to Christianity! I do believe his story as a result.

**Sadly Jason didnt stay that way, after about 6 months he started going back to his old ways, he died for good about a year later, to this day I sometimes wonder where he is at, and I truly hope he is not in that terrible place.

Old 02-24-2020, 11:07 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Here's one in a series of 3 interviews with Natalie Sudman, whose jeep got blown up by a land mine in Iraq, I think it was. She published a book about her NDE experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVz6Zv3_IWk

Old 02-24-2020, 11:12 AM

Here's a talk by Dr. Joyce Hawkes, a cellular biologist who "came back" from an NDE to discover that she had "hands-on healing" abilities. She went on to study with traditional healers in Southeast Asia after that, to develop her abilities and also to study healer phenomena from a scientific perspective. She lives in the greater Seattle area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyaBeHeRK6M

Old 02-24-2020, 11:44 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Here is a good rebuttal to the NDEs: https://owlcation.com/stem/The-Truth...c-Explanations. It goes into detail why our bodies have these experiences and why some turn towards a god afterwards. But it also states that not all NDEs good experiences and those are ones that nobody writes a book about or makes a YouTube about.

Old 02-24-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Here is a good rebuttal to the NDEs: https://owlcation.com/stem/The-Truth...c-Explanations. It goes into detail why our bodies have these experiences and why some turn towards a god afterwards. But it also states that not all NDEs good experiences and those are ones that nobody writes a book about or makes a YouTube about.
This refutation is better than most. It covers a lot more. As to the argument, that many NDE's are recalled and written down years after occurring, there are MD's who have done studies on their own patients, post-surgery. There's plenty of such testimony.

One book is by Dutch cardiac surgeon Pim Van Lommel, who finally decided to organize his own study, after years of hearing stories about NDE's after surgery. He describes in detail his methodology, his observations during surgery, including the results of electronic monitors and so on, in his book, "Consciousness Beyond Life; The Science Of The Near-Death Experience".
https://www.amazon.com/Consciousness...s=books&sr=1-1

Still, given some of the statements made in your link, I'd have to say, the jury is still out on this issue. I'd started to become a believer, but I think now I'll hold out just a bit more doubt. Thanks for posting.

Old 02-24-2020, 01:10 PM

Oh well, just to say - Natalie Sudman's book is the most intelligent book on this I have ever read.
I had to read some paragraphs a couple xs because of her style. She has a very high IQ, imp.
So it's funny her interviews don't come NEAR the depth of her book. I highly recommend it.
On the other hand Dr. Eben Alexander's book is pretty bla --
yrs later his looong talks at a podium on youtube are so much clearer and descriptive, compelling and inspiring.

Thank you all for your interest.

Old 02-24-2020, 01:19 PM

Most of us know Anita Moorjani, my gosh, dying of cancer for so long, a shell of a body, all documented for the doubters, ...not only died, documented, but was healed!!! Documented for the skeptics and nay-sayers.
So many youtubes, but this is a short one 3 min?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8fAXSGwJhE

Old 02-24-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh well, just to say - Natalie Sudman's book is the most intelligent book on this I have ever read.
I had to read some paragraphs a couple xs because of her style. She has a very high IQ, imp.
So it's funny her interviews don't come NEAR the depth of her book. I highly recommend it.
On the other hand Dr. Eben Alexander's book is pretty bla --
yrs later his looong talks at a podium on youtube are so much clearer and descriptive, compelling and inspiring.

Thank you all for your interest.
Thanks for the review of Sudman's book. Based on her 3 "TV" interviews, I was going to pass, but with this additional info you've given on it, I'll go for it.

Eben Alexander's reports sound like they're too influenced by organized religion, or something. I don't think his experience is "proof " of anything. In terms of neuroscience and the brain's potential, I far prefer the testimony provided in "My Stroke Of Insight", also written by a neuroscientist, but she had a stroke, not an NDE. Fascinating account!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal