U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 10:21 AM

15,887 posts, read 12,688,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I doubt BF investigators are paid for their services (its probably more of a hobby for them), there are simply not enough BF reports in any one area to support such a paid position.

I can understand why they do not post full names or contact info in the online report database, (thats to protect their privacy).
Sure; everybody gives their time away for free! I just looked up the first investigator that I hit on and I see they have a book for sale for $50. Maybe you're right about the others; but I only looked up one of them.

Regardless of the reasons witnesses are anonymous; we still cannot verify their information. It is just more second and third hand information and nothing that could ever be used in a courtroom. In other words we are left with campfire stories!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2020, 10:14 PM

14,724 posts, read 3,918,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Sure; everybody gives their time away for free! I just looked up the first investigator that I hit on and I see they have a book for sale for $50. Maybe you're right about the others; but I only looked up one of them.

Regardless of the reasons witnesses are anonymous; we still cannot verify their information. It is just more second and third hand information and nothing that could ever be used in a courtroom. In other words we are left with campfire stories!
Yes, I would agree with that, Bigfoot, Dogman, UFO, Ghosts, etc etc are all just reports from individuals claiming they have seen or experienced something...nothing more, nothing less.

When I listened to that guys story about Dogmen/Bigfoot on his property, I had no way to verify or confirm a word of what he was saying, I was somewhat surprised he even replied back to me and agreed to me coming to his house, ultimately nothing happened on that first visit, but I was only there a very short time, it was cold, week day, (if he had wanted to, he could have staged some hoax, knowing I was coming up that night, he could have had a friend dress in a werewolf costume and run around the woods), ...but he didnt, He knew I was coming alone, and unarmed...he WAS armed...these few things lead me to believe his story is credible.

**Lets look at from the skeptics view...why would this guy have wasted time going on a Dogman radio show, to talk about incidents that never happened? Why would he give out his personal contact info on a radio show? Why did he allow me to come to his house and sit around for a little while with me? (there are better ways to meet people and make friends than to make up an elaborate story and lie, and then have a stranger come to your house..? LOL)

Ultimately I guess it just boils down to if you personally believe the person making the report (based on pure intuition alone)...

I actually found a new Dogman report database (cloaked hedgehog Dogman sighting world map), it lists sightings from all over the world,I spent about 3 hours yesterday reading ones from the middle east, all over Europe, Asia, Central America, Canada, Africa...reading thru all these, they were ALL describing the same type of 'creature' (although strangely, in most of these foreign sightings, they claim to see a human being, actually changing form, into a big bipedal wolf like thing (a werewolf basically), there were a handful of sightings in Afghanistan (from US military troops), that saw people change into werewolves, supposedly the locals told them this is all black magic and they have been able to do this for centuries.

Whats weird about many of these reports, they were made decades ago, many are from the 1960s and 70s, it seems strange that a hoax would be that widespread, especially in those days, before cell phones and internet...and here they are, making reports of seeing 'Dogmen'?!!! LOL

Old 02-28-2020, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Yes, I would agree with that, Bigfoot, Dogman, UFO, Ghosts, etc etc are all just reports from individuals claiming they have seen or experienced something...nothing more, nothing less.

When I listened to that guys story about Dogmen/Bigfoot on his property, I had no way to verify or confirm a word of what he was saying, I was somewhat surprised he even replied back to me and agreed to me coming to his house, ultimately nothing happened on that first visit, but I was only there a very short time, it was cold, week day, (if he had wanted to, he could have staged some hoax, knowing I was coming up that night, he could have had a friend dress in a werewolf costume and run around the woods), ...but he didnt, He knew I was coming alone, and unarmed...he WAS armed...these few things lead me to believe his story is credible.

**Lets look at from the skeptics view...why would this guy have wasted time going on a Dogman radio show, to talk about incidents that never happened? Why would he give out his personal contact info on a radio show? Why did he allow me to come to his house and sit around for a little while with me? (there are better ways to meet people and make friends than to make up an elaborate story and lie, and then have a stranger come to your house..? LOL)

Ultimately I guess it just boils down to if you personally believe the person making the report (based on pure intuition alone)...

I actually found a new Dogman report database (cloaked hedgehog Dogman sighting world map), it lists sightings from all over the world,I spent about 3 hours yesterday reading ones from the middle east, all over Europe, Asia, Central America, Canada, Africa...reading thru all these, they were ALL describing the same type of 'creature' (although strangely, in most of these foreign sightings, they claim to see a human being, actually changing form, into a big bipedal wolf like thing (a werewolf basically), there were a handful of sightings in Afghanistan (from US military troops), that saw people change into werewolves, supposedly the locals told them this is all black magic and they have been able to do this for centuries.

Whats weird about many of these reports, they were made decades ago, many are from the 1960s and 70s, it seems strange that a hoax would be that widespread, especially in those days, before cell phones and internet...and here they are, making reports of seeing 'Dogmen'?!!! LOL
Why do we have telemarketers? Is it because some people used their intuition and bought their products? People make mistakes and others try to make a living off those mistakes.

As far what other countries have reported; some have turned up as hoaxes. Don't forget the Yeti scalp and the DNA testing of the samples. Then we also have those that have tried to profit from false stories like this one: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/u-...t-in-kandahar/. don't believe everything you hear.

Old 02-28-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Why do we have telemarketers? Is it because some people used their intuition and bought their products? People make mistakes and others try to make a living off those mistakes.

As far what other countries have reported; some have turned up as hoaxes. Don't forget the Yeti scalp and the DNA testing of the samples. Then we also have those that have tried to profit from false stories like this one: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/u-...t-in-kandahar/. don't believe everything you hear.
I feel my intuition is pretty reliable so far.

As far as investigators or witnesses trying to profit from this, I dont automatically discredit someone for attempting to make money from it, there is a market for it, and it takes A LOT of money to get by today.

From what Ive seen, its those who are NOT trying to profit, that are being deceptive, take that one guy, Scott Carpenter, he is the one who tried to claim he had a rear mounted should cam and he captured a black dogman he claimed was stalking him (this was the one that turned out to be an old wooden sign overtaken by brush)...

Ive watched a few of his videos recently, he claims he also has Bigfoots coming right up to his weekend cabin, he tried to mount trail cams but the bigfoot went behind it and ripped it off the tree and threw it, he claims they were taking food he was leaving, and they were leaving small gifts for him, Carpenter isnt selling anything, and his videos are free, but it seems to me, he is trying to push the theory that these things are the biblical Nephilim, returned.

Old 02-28-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I feel my intuition is pretty reliable so far.

As far as investigators or witnesses trying to profit from this, I dont automatically discredit someone for attempting to make money from it, there is a market for it, and it takes A LOT of money to get by today.

From what Ive seen, its those who are NOT trying to profit, that are being deceptive, take that one guy, Scott Carpenter, he is the one who tried to claim he had a rear mounted should cam and he captured a black dogman he claimed was stalking him (this was the one that turned out to be an old wooden sign overtaken by brush)...

Ive watched a few of his videos recently, he claims he also has Bigfoots coming right up to his weekend cabin, he tried to mount trail cams but the bigfoot went behind it and ripped it off the tree and threw it, he claims they were taking food he was leaving, and they were leaving small gifts for him, Carpenter isnt selling anything, and his videos are free, but it seems to me, he is trying to push the theory that these things are the biblical Nephilim, returned.
For 'reliable intuition' how much physical proof have you collected? How many hours have you spent trying to come up with the next great story and you still do not have hard evidence.

I know that you are putting in the time; I just question what you have to show for that time. Hopefully, for you, you will have something substantial this Spring. But at sometime in the future I just feel that you will come to the realization that you have wasted so much effort in the wrong direction. Maybe I am wrong; but I am still waiting for that first body to be found.

Old 02-28-2020, 11:23 PM

Quote:
For 'reliable intuition' how much physical proof have you collected? How many hours have you spent trying to come up with the next great story and you still do not have hard evidence.

I know that you are putting in the time; I just question what you have to show for that time. Hopefully, for you, you will have something substantial this Spring. But at sometime in the future I just feel that you will come to the realization that you have wasted so much effort in the wrong direction. Maybe I am wrong; but I am still waiting for that first body to be found.
Dont get me wrong, I still keep the fact that I have seen ZERO clear pics or video of these things, on the back burner, there are quite a few reports that I do not believe (they are just too far out there, even by Dogman standards!) LOL

But on the other hand, there are those report that I honestly believe are true...(I cannot explain what these people saw or the details of its existence or how it is so elusive), I especially believe people that make reports, that have something to loose (like career or character), Ive read numerous reports from law enforcement, some at the federal level...these people are taking BIG risks filing reports like this (this increases the credibility imo), the others I consider especially credible is those people who have years of experience with animals, animal behavior, biology, fish and game,etc...these people KNOW animals....they KNOW bears, dogs, rabbits, etc...they also know when something is not a bear.

Another thing that I think helps, is that I have had my own sighting of something strange (that I cannot explain rationally), I didnt see a creature, but I did see a silent gold ball hovering 3ft off the ground in my backyard...there is NO explanation for this thing...Sure, it could have been some secret experimental aircraft or drone, but that doesnt explain why its sitting over top a small church at 2am, or how it makes NO NOISE whatsoever, or the very bizarre appearance when I zoomed in on its image (on a computer),if that was a mechanical drone/aircraft...then our govt has technology that is FAR beyond what is used daily by the population. (that thing looked exactly like a human blood cell under magnification)...try to explain that rationally!!!

Old 02-29-2020, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Dont get me wrong, I still keep the fact that I have seen ZERO clear pics or video of these things, on the back burner, there are quite a few reports that I do not believe (they are just too far out there, even by Dogman standards!) LOL

But on the other hand, there are those report that I honestly believe are true...(I cannot explain what these people saw or the details of its existence or how it is so elusive), I especially believe people that make reports, that have something to loose (like career or character), Ive read numerous reports from law enforcement, some at the federal level...these people are taking BIG risks filing reports like this (this increases the credibility imo), the others I consider especially credible is those people who have years of experience with animals, animal behavior, biology, fish and game,etc...these people KNOW animals....they KNOW bears, dogs, rabbits, etc...they also know when something is not a bear.

Another thing that I think helps, is that I have had my own sighting of something strange (that I cannot explain rationally), I didnt see a creature, but I did see a silent gold ball hovering 3ft off the ground in my backyard...there is NO explanation for this thing...Sure, it could have been some secret experimental aircraft or drone, but that doesnt explain why its sitting over top a small church at 2am, or how it makes NO NOISE whatsoever, or the very bizarre appearance when I zoomed in on its image (on a computer),if that was a mechanical drone/aircraft...then our govt has technology that is FAR beyond what is used daily by the population. (that thing looked exactly like a human blood cell under magnification)...try to explain that rationally!!!
Keep in mind that people in law enforcement are in government service and that you feel that they all lie!

I do believe that some people truly believe they saw a large Big Foot creature. I do question if they are correct. Many things can be mistaken for what they thought they saw. Then we have the 'no evidence' issue that we have to work around. On these websites there might be 10,000 sightings but not drop of evidence. What are the odds of that happening?

Old 02-29-2020, 08:26 AM

1,926 posts, read 423,601 times
http://cdn0.wideopenspaces.com/wp-co...e801e63c8a.jpg

Old 02-29-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Keep in mind that people in law enforcement are in government service and that you feel that they all lie!

I do believe that some people truly believe they saw a large Big Foot creature. I do question if they are correct. Many things can be mistaken for what they thought they saw. Then we have the 'no evidence' issue that we have to work around. On these websites there might be 10,000 sightings but not drop of evidence. What are the odds of that happening?
Yes, law enforcement does lie...but usually, that is done to benefit them in some way, or to hinder criminal activity....lying about seeing a creature is something totally different....and a law enforcement officer lying about something that could have a negative impact on their career...thats another thing entirely too!

I have no way to prove the gold ball I saw years ago, it happened over night, no one else was around.

Old 02-29-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Yes, law enforcement does lie...but usually, that is done to benefit them in some way, or to hinder criminal activity....lying about seeing a creature is something totally different....and a law enforcement officer lying about something that could have a negative impact on their career...thats another thing entirely too!

I have no way to prove the gold ball I saw years ago, it happened over night, no one else was around.
Many years ago we had one deputy that was showing off his quick draw and shot himself in his foot. They do make mistakes from time to time. They are human and as such do what humans do. Could one of them or more think that they saw a creature and not think that it would hurt their status in life; of course. Or they just wanted to tell what they thought they saw; that does not mean that it was a BF. They could misidentify an animal or human in a ghillie suit just like others do.

All I really want is for every one of these sightings to be investigated by professionals and for the evidence to come to light. Seeing something and saying something might be the call of the day; but the traces left behind is the evidence that we need to prove there is something there. Stories are just stories without that evidence. Of all people to report a BF; one would think that our police would be the ones to find that evidence.

PS There is always one more possibility with those reports: It could be possible that a BF 'investigator' tossed in a 'fact' that the 'witness' was a police officer or somebody that knew the woods. Without being able to verify the story ourselves; we really do not know; it could all be fictional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or