U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-29-2020, 12:31 PM
 
14,761 posts, read 3,924,454 times
Reputation: 9497

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Many years ago we had one deputy that was showing off his quick draw and shot himself in his foot. They do make mistakes from time to time. They are human and as such do what humans do. Could one of them or more think that they saw a creature and not think that it would hurt their status in life; of course. Or they just wanted to tell what they thought they saw; that does not mean that it was a BF. They could misidentify an animal or human in a ghillie suit just like others do.

All I really want is for every one of these sightings to be investigated by professionals and for the evidence to come to light. Seeing something and saying something might be the call of the day; but the traces left behind is the evidence that we need to prove there is something there. Stories are just stories without that evidence. Of all people to report a BF; one would think that our police would be the ones to find that evidence.

PS There is always one more possibility with those reports: It could be possible that a BF 'investigator' tossed in a 'fact' that the 'witness' was a police officer or somebody that knew the woods. Without being able to verify the story ourselves; we really do not know; it could all be fictional.
Ive read a handful of Dogman/bigfoot sightings by law enforcement officers, there are some encounters, where the creature is clearly seen,( I do agree with you, that there are sightings where they get a quick glimpse or they see it from a distance), so in those cases, yes, mistakes are possible, but the ones I refer to, those where the creature is clearly seen, in all of those cases, they had their guns drawn on the creature, (had it been a person in a Ghille suit), they must have had a death wish not to make themselves known at such a point! and plus, a person in a ghillie suit is not 8-10ft tall either.


As far as an officer making a statement about having an encounter...nothing good will come of that for them personally! They will become the butt of jokes and ridicule.


I also agree on wanting more investigation into these things, but, however crazy it may sound, I think they may already know about these things and there is an effort to keep it secret (for what reason I have no idea though), Ive read reports of people that have seen what appears to be some kind of federal or state 'agency' that is tasked with this particular phenomenon, the use of ultrasonic weapons as well, if such a group exists, I think that can be proven, but it would probably be tough to do...


Im pretty sure Ive mentioned this at some point on here, but the city I live, had a dogman/were wolf sighting years ago (2007 or 08) in the parking lot of a local bowling alley, the Erlanger police responded and took statements from the 4 witnesses, they even had the police sketch artist do a sketch of the 'thing' ( I can post that picture), whats interesting about this case, one of my best friends was a 911 dispatcher at the time, We have talked about this case before, she has tried to get the police reports and other information on it, but has come up against a brick wall, she says its one of just a few cases she has seen, where the official report and statements are NOT available or accessible, and this usually means a higher agency has taken possession of the case, you have to ask yourself, why would a federal or state law enforcement agency seize an alleged werewolf sighting report? It sure makes me wonder. There was also a security camera video that was taken by police, from the corner gas station, that sits right beside the bowling alley, it was said this thing ran past the front of the station and the cameras captured it.


One other very strange aspect to the Erlanger case...I first heard about it from the internet, it was posted with all the other dogman sightings, but around 2012 and 2013, it was GONE, try to find it today online and you will come up empty, whats strange about this, there are 1000s of other Dogman sighting reports, even some from KY...not sure why this one particular case was erased.

Last edited by rstevens62; 02-29-2020 at 01:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-29-2020, 12:33 PM
Status: "Rachel Maddow 2024" (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: Arlington, VA
20 posts, read 4,967 times
Reputation: 84
Bigfoot does not exist and the video is fake.

You're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-29-2020, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,897 posts, read 12,695,051 times
Reputation: 11943
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitonova View Post
Bigfoot does not exist and the video is fake.

You're welcome.
If it does exist the coronavirus will take it out. We now have a dog that has tested positive for the virus. Maybe we will finally get a body?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2020, 01:16 AM
 
14,761 posts, read 3,924,454 times
Reputation: 9497
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitonova View Post
Bigfoot does not exist and the video is fake.

You're welcome.
Go ahead and keep believing that! LOL


Have you EVER heard about a bear running across a road while on 2 legs at full speed? HA HA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2020, 01:27 AM
 
14,761 posts, read 3,924,454 times
Reputation: 9497
Heres that police sketch of the 2008 incident in my hometown (Erlanger, KY)
Attached Thumbnails
Paul Freeman Bigfoot video-7421722.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2020, 05:09 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,897 posts, read 12,695,051 times
Reputation: 11943
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Heres that police sketch of the 2008 incident in my hometown (Erlanger, KY)
The police sketch shows the suspect with a shirt or long john top. Animals do not wear clothes as far as I know. Unless their owner is dressing them up to take a picture. Could it have been a man with a wig or just long hair? Could it have been somebody with a mask on? You have conflicting information to support a claim of a wild dogman from that picture. Did he/it buy the shirt or steal a shirt? What was the lighting for the observer? How far was he away from it? What did he observe? Did it leave any evidence behind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2020, 12:13 PM
 
14,761 posts, read 3,924,454 times
Reputation: 9497
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The police sketch shows the suspect with a shirt or long john top. Animals do not wear clothes as far as I know. Unless their owner is dressing them up to take a picture. Could it have been a man with a wig or just long hair? Could it have been somebody with a mask on? You have conflicting information to support a claim of a wild dogman from that picture. Did he/it buy the shirt or steal a shirt? What was the lighting for the observer? How far was he away from it? What did he observe? Did it leave any evidence behind?
Yep, the clothing is what makes this so bizarre. There are a handful of Dogman sightings, where the creature is seen wearing dirty, old looking, or torn clothing, however crazy it may sound, some people believe humans have the ability change form (just like the old myths of the werewolf)!!




The 4 people that saw this thing outside the bowling alley, claim they were walking out and it was standing on the left side of the entry door, since I have been to this bowling alley many times, I know the area they are talking about, the building has exterior lights that are mounted about 8 or 9ft up on the wall, the witnesses claim its head was level with these exterior lights (which would put it about 8-9ft tall, they also claimed it had fairly nice mens clothing on (not dirty or ripped up).


All the witnesses report it having a protruding snout with canine type teeth and a very large black canine nose, it was 2 guys and 2 girls that saw this thing, the 2 girls screamed when they got a good look at it, and they claimed it ran off in the direction of the gas station.


Distance between the area the witnesses were at and the spot this thing was standing is about 20-25ft, its head being so close to the buildings exterior light is how they all got such a good look at its head/face.


When this first happened, the original report listed the witnesses names, I wish I had saved that or written it down, Ive thought about trying to find these 4 people, but not sure how to go about doing that, there is a Erlanger FB page, that might be a good place to start, this was a pretty popular incident when it happened, Im sure there are plenty of residents here that remember it, probably some that knew the witnesses.


My effort to find information on it thru the police dept has been a dead end, they wont talk about it and claim they do not have the original complaint report anymore, (meaning, another agency took possession)...which is very strange for a incident like this. My friend that was a dispatcher, said the fact they called in the police sketch artist is significant too, that is usually only done in VERY serious matters, when they are trying to find someone wanted for questioning about a serious crime, this thing had committed no crime, it had just frightened 4 people and ran away, My friend said there must be other details of this case that they did not make public, for police to treat this as seriously as they did, and the fact that another higher agency took possession of the case.

Last edited by rstevens62; 03-01-2020 at 12:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2020, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,897 posts, read 12,695,051 times
Reputation: 11943
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yep, the clothing is what makes this so bizarre. There are a handful of Dogman sightings, where the creature is seen wearing dirty, old looking, or torn clothing, however crazy it may sound, some people believe humans have the ability change form (just like the old myths of the werewolf)!!




The 4 people that saw this thing outside the bowling alley, claim they were walking out and it was standing on the left side of the entry door, since I have been to this bowling alley many times, I know the area they are talking about, the building has exterior lights that are mounted about 8 or 9ft up on the wall, the witnesses claim its head was level with these exterior lights (which would put it about 8-9ft tall, they also claimed it had fairly nice mens clothing on (not dirty or ripped up).


All the witnesses report it having a protruding snout with canine type teeth and a very large black canine nose, it was 2 guys and 2 girls that saw this thing, the 2 girls screamed when they got a good look at it, and they claimed it ran off in the direction of the gas station.


Distance between the area the witnesses were at and the spot this thing was standing is about 20-25ft, its head being so close to the buildings exterior light is how they all got such a good look at its head/face.


When this first happened, the original report listed the witnesses names, I wish I had saved that or written it down, Ive thought about trying to find these 4 people, but not sure how to go about doing that, there is a Erlanger FB page, that might be a good place to start, this was a pretty popular incident when it happened, Im sure there are plenty of residents here that remember it, probably some that knew the witnesses.


My effort to find information on it thru the police dept has been a dead end, they wont talk about it and claim they do not have the original complaint report anymore, (meaning, another agency took possession)...which is very strange for a incident like this. My friend that was a dispatcher, said the fact they called in the police sketch artist is significant too, that is usually only done in VERY serious matters, when they are trying to find someone wanted for questioning about a serious crime, this thing had committed no crime, it had just frightened 4 people and ran away, My friend said there must be other details of this case that they did not make public, for police to treat this as seriously as they did, and the fact that another higher agency took possession of the case.
I knew some big old farm boys that would have fit that description. I remember one hunt with them where they twisted the heads off the deer they killed! They probably would have scared the heck out of the girls at the bowling alley without a face mask on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2020, 01:33 PM
 
14,761 posts, read 3,924,454 times
Reputation: 9497
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I knew some big old farm boys that would have fit that description. I remember one hunt with them where they twisted the heads off the deer they killed! They probably would have scared the heck out of the girls at the bowling alley without a face mask on!
Were they 8-9ft tall too?


If police had suspected it was just a guy with a mask, out trying to scare people...I doubt they would treat the case as seriously as they did, or a higher agency taking the case over.


*Im going to stop at that gas station on the corner today and talk to the guys there, its the same owners as it was back then, I stop in there for gas pretty frequently, Im just curious if they remember this, or if they have other details about the surv video, should be interesting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2020, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,897 posts, read 12,695,051 times
Reputation: 11943
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Were they 8-9ft tall too?


If police had suspected it was just a guy with a mask, out trying to scare people...I doubt they would treat the case as seriously as they did, or a higher agency taking the case over.


*Im going to stop at that gas station on the corner today and talk to the guys there, its the same owners as it was back then, I stop in there for gas pretty frequently, Im just curious if they remember this, or if they have other details about the surv video, should be interesting!
The one man might not have been 8' or 9'; but if you saw him you would think he was 9'! I worked with him for a while and he was strong as an ox. He died of a heart attack driving home from work in his new pickup truck.

Let us know what you find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top