U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-01-2020, 02:09 PM
 
12,568 posts, read 21,179,959 times
Reputation: 21136

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Were they 8-9ft tall too?


If police had suspected it was just a guy with a mask, out trying to scare people...I doubt they would treat the case as seriously as they did, or a higher agency taking the case over.


*Im going to stop at that gas station on the corner today and talk to the guys there, its the same owners as it was back then, I stop in there for gas pretty frequently, Im just curious if they remember this, or if they have other details about the surv video, should be interesting!
Height is very subjective, and fear makes it seem greater. Thats why places like banks have height markings on their doors. If a teller gets robbed, and watches the guy go out the door, they can say definitely using the markings.
__________________
Solly says — Be nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-01-2020, 02:45 PM
 
11,518 posts, read 10,898,701 times
Reputation: 4514
Agree on the height. Many rural people know the height of limbs trees roof edges shed sizes etc. Also, the distance between to points they are looking at that others won't know.

Example: Farmer builds a fence and sees BF running along the fence. The farmer knows how long the fence is and how tall the fence is and the spacing between each post.

Many people have no idea that it is pretty standard to have 200 ft between power poles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2020, 02:56 PM
 
11,518 posts, read 10,898,701 times
Reputation: 4514
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitonova View Post
Bigfoot does not exist and the video is fake.

You're welcome.

TOS = Posts that are Bigfoot isn't real will be deleted. FROM NOW ON, it will be considered trolling, not unlike a Urbanite going onto the Rural board and telling them they are all idiots for living in the country.

I would like to remind you -- if you don't believe in Bigfoot -- why are posting about Bigfoot? No one is forcing you.... which is why they are now infractable offenses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2020, 03:17 PM
 
12,568 posts, read 21,179,959 times
Reputation: 21136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
TOS = Posts that are Bigfoot isn't real will be deleted. FROM NOW ON, it will be considered trolling, not unlike a Urbanite going onto the Rural board and telling them they are all idiots for living in the country.

I would like to remind you -- if you don't believe in Bigfoot -- why are posting about Bigfoot? No one is forcing you.... which is why they are now infractable offenses.
He did quantify that by saying the video was fake. That type of post can stand.

Part two of this? Report posts like this. Let the mod handle it. Its my job. Got a question? DM me.Because, basically, you are discussing moderation. That is a violation of the TOS.
__________________
Solly says — Be nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2020, 03:18 PM
 
11,518 posts, read 10,898,701 times
Reputation: 4514
Will do thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2020, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,907 posts, read 12,700,152 times
Reputation: 11949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Will do thanks
You are attempting to make this a one sided discussion without presenting evidence. It is the same tactic you used years ago. You hate to be challenged; and that is not a personal attack. That is the problem I have with most of what you present us. You come after us instead of doubling down and giving us facts to back up the stories that you present. When challenged; you say its the fault of any skeptics that question. It is always the fault of the person/s presenting us with the information to verify their information. Many of your post and videos can never be verified; just like the one time me and my wife saw a mountain lion in our State. We accepted the fact our State would not recognize our sighting. We did not lead a campaign to prove them wrong. If we were right then someday one would be found and I could say: "I told you so". But you are not content with that; you are on a crusade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2020, 07:37 PM
 
11,518 posts, read 10,898,701 times
Reputation: 4514
You can say all you want but you cannot deny that you ruin the fun for 90% of us.

I think I will take another vacation. You constantly after me and others is a real buzz kill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2020, 10:37 PM
 
14,781 posts, read 3,932,617 times
Reputation: 9509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Height is very subjective, and fear makes it seem greater. Thats why places like banks have height markings on their doors. If a teller gets robbed, and watches the guy go out the door, they can say definitely using the markings.
I did mention they all stated its head was around the same height at the exterior lights on the building, its why they were all able to get such a good look at its face too, so I dont think this was a mistake made from fear, the light fixture is similar to the height markers on bank doors.


I believe them about the height truthfully...from all the strange things associated with this case and how its basically been erased from the internet (and the local PD), it was something 'not normal' imo.


Im not really sure what to try next, I am in local neighborhood FB group, the type that share old pics of the city and such, ive thought about posting on there and asking if anyone knows the 4 witnesses, Id like to find at least one of them and talk to them about it. My friend is currently trying to find the work schedule for that night so she can figure out which officer it was that responded, (that would help significantly).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2020, 06:16 AM
 
11,518 posts, read 10,898,701 times
Reputation: 4514
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I did mention they all stated its head was around the same height at the exterior lights on the building, its why they were all able to get such a good look at its face too, so I dont think this was a mistake made from fear, the light fixture is similar to the height markers on bank doors.


I believe them about the height truthfully...from all the strange things associated with this case and how its basically been erased from the internet (and the local PD), it was something 'not normal' imo.


Im not really sure what to try next, I am in local neighborhood FB group, the type that share old pics of the city and such, ive thought about posting on there and asking if anyone knows the 4 witnesses, Id like to find at least one of them and talk to them about it. My friend is currently trying to find the work schedule for that night so she can figure out which officer it was that responded, (that would help significantly).
Thanks, Keep at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2020, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,907 posts, read 12,700,152 times
Reputation: 11949
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I did mention they all stated its head was around the same height at the exterior lights on the building, its why they were all able to get such a good look at its face too, so I dont think this was a mistake made from fear, the light fixture is similar to the height markers on bank doors.


I believe them about the height truthfully...from all the strange things associated with this case and how its basically been erased from the internet (and the local PD), it was something 'not normal' imo.


Im not really sure what to try next, I am in local neighborhood FB group, the type that share old pics of the city and such, ive thought about posting on there and asking if anyone knows the 4 witnesses, Id like to find at least one of them and talk to them about it. My friend is currently trying to find the work schedule for that night so she can figure out which officer it was that responded, (that would help significantly).
The height would depend on perspective. If you are short and looking up at something/someone large; then they could look taller than they are in reality. You would need the distance to the 'creature' or human and the height of the observers.

Let us know if you find the 'witnesses'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top