U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-03-2020, 10:09 AM
 
14,728 posts, read 3,918,213 times
Reputation: 9472

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Nonsense. I was spurred enough to google "thermal image drone" and in two seconds was able to click on this one for $1900. That's all the time I chose to invest; there may well be less expensive models available.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-cxyp1Y...iABEgJ4pvD_BwE
Hmmm,I never came across that one! If thats accurate and does what it claims, I will definitely be buying it...


I am going to look into this model a little more though, when I searched for thermal drones, I didnt see anything selling for less than around $8-10K, $1900 seems pretty cheap (almost too cheap), there is probably a reason why its so cheap too.I would hate to spend that amount of money and find out it doesnt provide a good clear thermal image, $1900 is a lot of money.


I will definitely check it out, thanks for posting it!

Last edited by rstevens62; 03-03-2020 at 10:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-03-2020, 10:16 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,889 posts, read 12,688,358 times
Reputation: 11933
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
That is contrary to what you have stated here time and time again. You and others keep saying that video is important, that photographs are important, (and claim that none exist).
Good videos, not blobsquatch, is important when it is used with the evidence left behind. If one would walk through soft dirt and was filmed the photographs could place it there and give us a time and a date. Samples of the dirt could be taken for DNA analysis and cast made of the foot print. While that still might not be conclusive evidence; it would be a great start. Of course we could still question it; but you would have a stronger case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2020, 10:21 AM
 
14,728 posts, read 3,918,213 times
Reputation: 9472
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Good videos, not blobsquatch, is important when it is used with the evidence left behind. If one would walk through soft dirt and was filmed the photographs could place it there and give us a time and a date. Samples of the dirt could be taken for DNA analysis and cast made of the foot print. While that still might not be conclusive evidence; it would be a great start. Of course we could still question it; but you would have a stronger case.
100s of footprint casts of these things have been made over the years? The ones I have seen are around 17-18" long and range from 6-10" wide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2020, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Yuma and Walker, AZ
287 posts, read 176,108 times
Reputation: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Honestly, that's why I stopped coming to this board, just constant posting of "it's not real" over and over.

And I think for someone who "doesn't believe in bigfoot" it doesn't make sense to keep posting about something they supposedly do not believe in.
It makes sense because it's important to me to believe things for good reasons and I'd like others to consider having a reliable mechanism of discerning reality as well, or at least recognize that they don't really care about why they believe something. I am interested in why people believe things. It sheds light on any number of topics and how we as a society interact.

Thought experiment: Have you ever seen a game cam image of a nice buck? What does that image look like? Have you seen an image of bigfoot? Do the two have similar qualities? Would it be cool if bigfoot existed? It would be freakin awesome, but I can't want something into existence. When multiple people want something, it can manifest. pics, videos, stories, anecdotes, one-ups-manship are powerful things. Just not evidence...per se.

If there was a forum called "Bigfoot - We know this all BS, we're just having fun", I wouldn't be interested. However, I am interested. Very interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2020, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,889 posts, read 12,688,358 times
Reputation: 11933
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
100s of footprint casts of these things have been made over the years? The ones I have seen are around 17-18" long and range from 6-10" wide.
Those "100s of footprints' could possibly contain some DNA. So where is the testing on those cast or footprints to make a case to support your arguments? The cast are only one 'small' piece of the puzzle without additional information.

Professor Dr. Jeff Meldrum and his cast have always bothered me because the university he works for has a genetics lab and he could easily get his cast or even the footprints, before a cast was made, tested for its DNA. I suspect that he has made an attempt to have material tested and the results did not come back favorable to his argument. But that is my speculation and I have no means to prove or disprove my speculation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2020, 10:49 PM
 
14,728 posts, read 3,918,213 times
Reputation: 9472
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Those "100s of footprints' could possibly contain some DNA. So where is the testing on those cast or footprints to make a case to support your arguments? The cast are only one 'small' piece of the puzzle without additional information.

Professor Dr. Jeff Meldrum and his cast have always bothered me because the university he works for has a genetics lab and he could easily get his cast or even the footprints, before a cast was made, tested for its DNA. I suspect that he has made an attempt to have material tested and the results did not come back favorable to his argument. But that is my speculation and I have no means to prove or disprove my speculation.
I thought that was the case where they kept getting results back as human and that was confusing and frustrating them (assuming they had somehow contaminated the samples), but I believe they later found the DNA results were human but with a mutation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2020, 05:50 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,889 posts, read 12,688,358 times
Reputation: 11933
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I thought that was the case where they kept getting results back as human and that was confusing and frustrating them (assuming they had somehow contaminated the samples), but I believe they later found the DNA results were human but with a mutation.
In 2012 the Professor launched the 'Falcone Project' to take pictures of Big Foot, I believe, from balloons. I did not hear of any follow up. Last year he claimed he had hair samples and I have not heard that much after his claims. He is always saying that he is not 100% convinced that BF is out there; but his notoriety comes from his stance on BF. I just feel that he has too many contradictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2020, 05:35 AM
Status: "Sorry for my typos" (set 10 days ago)
 
465 posts, read 40,765 times
Reputation: 432
I *wish* we could prove Bigfoot/Sasquatch is real. I want them to be real. We didn’t discover gorillas until the 1950’s, right?

The Paterson film and its analysis/stabilization is the only one that grabs me. There’s one part early in the clip of BF (now I forget her nickname) heading away into some bushes and the way the derrière and lower back move.. and how the hair coverage seems to flow... I don’t know - watch it if you can find it, then try to find video or images of a gorilla at that angle.

Those who claim its a fake - where is the suit? Can it be credible identified as being the same seen in the film? What was the sophistication of costume technology at the time? Can such a suit be made even now using physical materials - without any CGI?

I have trust land (who hoo -can’t sell it, live on it or give it to my kids) inside the Colville Reservation along the Columbia River - many sightings in the area. We camped out on the beach when I was ten - NO TENTS! - I still don’t forgive my parents : ). I did not sleep. There was just enough moonlight to make the huge gnarled tree-sized drift wood logs have shadow and light that almost seemed to move.

I desperately wish these apparently, (if extant) quiet, shy fellow primates really are real. There’s so much junk out there - some hilarious, like the clip above.

I won’t be a believer without proof, but I’m a wisher : ). And I’ve studied that film. Why did she walk so slowly at the end? Maybe a youngster was nearby (see? I’m fascinated).

The one thing I can’t figure out is the face. But primate faces vary -like the proboscis and the little guys that smiled into a mirror/camera - with the rest of it (if a suit) so inexplicably brilliant - the hair growth going in natural, varied directions, muscles flexing... I’d think the face *not* being more of an expected, aestheticly “normal” gives it more credence as not being fake.

I don’t know. I hope we don’t find them if they’re real. We could only do harm. It’s what we do.

But the tribes up there - including my dad’s, just like every other culture - used terrifying myths, legends and stories to (primarily) coerce/threaten their kids to behave and to discourage them from wandering off. That’s probably what is going on. But that one video...

Fun stuff.

Last edited by paperwing; 03-08-2020 at 05:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2020, 05:53 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,889 posts, read 12,688,358 times
Reputation: 11933
paperwing; have you watched this: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...A73&FORM=VIRE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2020, 09:19 AM
 
11,511 posts, read 10,893,501 times
Reputation: 4512
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
I *wish* we could prove Bigfoot/Sasquatch is real. I want them to be real. We didn’t discover gorillas until the 1950’s, right?

The Paterson film and its analysis/stabilization is the only one that grabs me. There’s one part early in the clip of BF (now I forget her nickname) heading away into some bushes and the way the derrière and lower back move.. and how the hair coverage seems to flow... I don’t know - watch it if you can find it, then try to find video or images of a gorilla at that angle.

Those who claim its a fake - where is the suit? Can it be credible identified as being the same seen in the film? What was the sophistication of costume technology at the time? Can such a suit be made even now using physical materials - without any CGI?

I have trust land (who hoo -can’t sell it, live on it or give it to my kids) inside the Colville Reservation along the Columbia River - many sightings in the area. We camped out on the beach when I was ten - NO TENTS! - I still don’t forgive my parents : ). I did not sleep. There was just enough moonlight to make the huge gnarled tree-sized drift wood logs have shadow and light that almost seemed to move.

I desperately wish these apparently, (if extant) quiet, shy fellow primates really are real. There’s so much junk out there - some hilarious, like the clip above.

I won’t be a believer without proof, but I’m a wisher : ). And I’ve studied that film. Why did she walk so slowly at the end? Maybe a youngster was nearby (see? I’m fascinated).

The one thing I can’t figure out is the face. But primate faces vary -like the proboscis and the little guys that smiled into a mirror/camera - with the rest of it (if a suit) so inexplicably brilliant - the hair growth going in natural, varied directions, muscles flexing... I’d think the face *not* being more of an expected, aestheticly “normal” gives it more credence as not being fake.

I don’t know. I hope we don’t find them if they’re real. We could only do harm. It’s what we do.

But the tribes up there - including my dad’s, just like every other culture - used terrifying myths, legends and stories to (primarily) coerce/threaten their kids to behave and to discourage them from wandering off. That’s probably what is going on. But that one video...

Fun stuff.

I like this.


Those who claim its a fake - where is the suit?

WHERE IS THE SUIT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top