Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 05:06 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint8ball View Post
There are enough game cams in use in North America to have indisputable video evidence by now. Sorry folks. Unless the big guy is stealing all the SD cards, but I haven't heard that's an issue.
That is what I have been saying. Technology leaves no hiding places today. There are also about 200,000,000+ cellphones that everybody is carrying and are capable of shooting great pictures. Then we have security cameras and drones. There is no place to hide and, if there is, we will place a camera there tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2020, 06:29 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,376,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
TOS = Posts that are Bigfoot isn't real will be deleted. FROM NOW ON, it will be considered trolling, not unlike a Urbanite going onto the Rural board and telling them they are all idiots for living in the country.

I would like to remind you -- if you don't believe in Bigfoot -- why are posting about Bigfoot? No one is forcing you.... which is why they are now infractable offenses.
Honestly, that's why I stopped coming to this board, just constant posting of "it's not real" over and over.

And I think for someone who "doesn't believe in bigfoot" it doesn't make sense to keep posting about something they supposedly do not believe in.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:03 PM

20,036 posts, read 20,839,727 times
Should be respectful and mature conversations regarding BOTH viewpoints. Agree to disagree.
There is useful information and evidence supporting the existence and non-existence.
Should be able to debate like civilized human beings.

Old 03-02-2020, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
That is what I have been saying. Technology leaves no hiding places today. There are also about 200,000,000+ cellphones that everybody is carrying and are capable of shooting great pictures. Then we have security cameras and drones. There is no place to hide and, if there is, we will place a camera there tomorrow!
The point is, people have caught Bigfoot on camera. Video evidence that skeptics dispute but then keep saying "he hasn't been seen on camera yet...

Old 03-02-2020, 10:43 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Thanks, Keep at it.
This is interesting, on my FB post about the Erlanger Werewolf, I had a local guy PM me about something that he witnessed when he was about 13 yrs old.

This happened in Beechgrove subdivision in Independence, KY back in the mid 80s. Independence, KY was very rural at that time, lots of corn, cattle and hay fields, lots of heavily wooded areas as well.

He says a group of kids were playing in their neighborhood one day when a friend of theirs comes running up to them and tells them he just saw a man turning into a werewolf...of course, they all run to this house, and they see the 'guy' rolling on the ground in agony, screaming in pain...his mother is on the porch yelling at the kids to go away and leave her son alone, telling them he is very sick and in pain, the kids could see he was in pain, but he was also starting to sprout black claws from his finger tips and toes, and hair that was slowly covering his upper body, shoulders, etc. (he had jeans on and no shirt or shoes), they said they could see his face changing, a snout was slowly beginning to protrude and while he was screaming his mouth was open and they could see a lot of blood and canine teeth slowly coming out.

Apparently they watched this for a couple minutes and decided it was best to get the heck out of there (they were young kids so they were naturally scared). He claimed they were only standing about 8ft away from this guy on the ground. He said he had seen this guy before, he looked to be in his early 20s and lived there with his mother and father.

I messaged with this guy briefly , at first I thought he was joking, and I did confirm he was being serious, I tried to get more details from him, he is my age and I knew some kids that grew up in the Beechgrove area in the 80s, its only about 5 miles from the neighborhood I lived in at that time, so Im going to ask a few of them about this and see if it rings any bells. I think this guy knew more than he was telling me , but he said he didnt feel comfortable talking to someone on the internet who he doesnt know about this, he said seeing that caused a lot of emotional problems for him as a teenager, he has the impression this was somehow associated with 'religion', Im not really sure what he meant by that, but hopefully I will be talking to him more in the near future.

I want to meet him personally and 'get a feel' of him, and see if my intuition is any good!

Old 03-02-2020, 11:05 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,835,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I thought I mentioned the VERY high cost of those thermal sensing drones, (thats the reason they are not being used for this purpose yet). Ive looked around at them, the cheapest models, that provide similar quality to that video of the wild pigs, is up around $15K, there are cheaper thermal drones, but they do not have the range or visual quality, however, even the cheaper thermal drones are close to $8K.

One thing I want to mention about all the hair samples, those that came back as human, may actually be from a sasquatch, they would have to check further for that certain mutation.
Nonsense. I was spurred enough to google "thermal image drone" and in two seconds was able to click on this one for $1900. That's all the time I chose to invest; there may well be less expensive models available.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-cxyp1Y...iABEgJ4pvD_BwE

Old 03-03-2020, 06:09 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The point is, people have caught Bigfoot on camera. Video evidence that skeptics dispute but then keep saying "he hasn't been seen on camera yet...
Stories and camera do not make something real. They are a start. Many of the Big Foot photos and videos are proven hoaxes; so how do you know which are which? You have to question the source and look for supporting evidence. You don't walk into the courtroom and holler guilty without going over the evidence with a fine tooth comb. The problem we have here is that we have no supporting evidence. You have to wonder why?

Old 03-03-2020, 06:59 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,235,806 times
This is in no way a courtroom. Actually, quite a bit is hearsay.

Old 03-03-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Stories and camera do not make something real.
That is contrary to what you have stated here time and time again. You and others keep saying that video is important, that photographs are important, (and claim that none exist).

Old 03-03-2020, 10:09 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Nonsense. I was spurred enough to google "thermal image drone" and in two seconds was able to click on this one for $1900. That's all the time I chose to invest; there may well be less expensive models available.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-cxyp1Y...iABEgJ4pvD_BwE
Hmmm,I never came across that one! If thats accurate and does what it claims, I will definitely be buying it...

I am going to look into this model a little more though, when I searched for thermal drones, I didnt see anything selling for less than around $8-10K, $1900 seems pretty cheap (almost too cheap), there is probably a reason why its so cheap too.I would hate to spend that amount of money and find out it doesnt provide a good clear thermal image, $1900 is a lot of money.

I will definitely check it out, thanks for posting it!

Last edited by rstevens62; 03-03-2020 at 10:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal