Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 11:25 PM

7 posts, read 4,710 times

Advertisements

Rendlesham Forest Incident (1980)
In 1980, several strange lights were reportedly seen near Rendlesham Forest in England. Military police were sent to investigate them. According to a memo, they discovered a UFO-like object on the ground. One officer moved forward to touch it, causing the object to allegedly move away through the forest. The truth of the incident is still debated to this day, with some insisting that it was all a hoax.

The betty and,barley hill abduction(1961)
The most famous case of alleged alien abduction concerns Betty and Barney Hill. The couple was driving home from vacation when they saw a bright light in the sky. They claim that it followed them for some distance before descending toward them, at which point Barney said he saw several humanoid figures peering out of an aircraft. According to the couple, they were soon captured and forced to undergo physical examinations at the hands of their alien captors. The case became the subject of a book and TV movie.
Mod cut.

The Lubbock Lights (1951)
One night in 1951, a group of Texas Tech professors saw a strange group of lights racing over Lubbock, Texas. The sighting was reported to authorities, and the local Air Force denied that any planes were flying that night. 18-year old Carl Hart Jr. took five photographs of the fast-moving objects, which became known as the Lubbock Lights.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-06-2020 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: Spam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 04:14 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
I think most sightings are man-made craft which have been back-engineered from 1 or more downed alien craft. We have had these craft since at least WWII and they came from the Germans. It is well-known the Germans had saucer-shaped craft at the end of the war, and that they moved their operations out of Germany when they saw the end was near. If we consider most craft man-made and we understand the military are trying to spread disinfo (that they are alien craft,) it places a whole new perspective on the UFO phenomena.

I know many people want to believe that aliens are watching over us like a benevolent father, but I really dont think that is happening, and I think people are uselessly deceiving themselves.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
The interesting part of the Betty and Barney Hill case was their having detailed information on a star system that no one previously knew about, thats pretty hard to explain.

Regarding the Rendlesham incident, there was a US soldier that got radiation sickness from being too close to, or touching this craft, I cannot remember his last name, but I know his first name is John, I will have to look it up again, the govt tried to reject his medical treatments (due to the cause), and he actually took them to court over it.

Old 02-25-2020, 05:27 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,478,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The interesting part of the Betty and Barney Hill case was their having detailed information on a star system that no one previously knew about, thats pretty hard to explain.

Regarding the Rendlesham incident, there was a US soldier that got radiation sickness from being too close to, or touching this craft, I cannot remember his last name, but I know his first name is John, I will have to look it up again, the govt tried to reject his medical treatments (due to the cause), and he actually took them to court over it.
John Burroughs. He was an airman, not a soldier. I've never heard anything about him having radiation sickness, but I think he claims he developed some sort of heart condition.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:10 PM

20,025 posts, read 20,831,761 times
I don’t believe Betty and Barney Rubble.
Their story is too far fetched. Way too Hollywood.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
John Burroughs. He was an airman, not a soldier. I've never heard anything about him having radiation sickness, but I think he claims he developed some sort of heart condition.
YES, I could not think of his name earlier!!

Its been awhile since I read about his case, I thought it involved radiation, but it looks like was actually the 'cash-Landrum incident', where 2 people sued the govt over UFOs.

I think the govt was trying to classify Burroughs medical record!

Old 02-25-2020, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
How do you explain their detailed knowledge of a star system, that astronomers didnt even know about at the time?

Old 02-26-2020, 07:39 AM

1,494 posts, read 1,670,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How do you explain their detailed knowledge of a star system, that astronomers didnt even know about at the time?
Can you expand on this? I've not seen anything that shows that their star map revealed previously unknown information, just that it vaguely correlated with existing data.

Old 02-26-2020, 08:17 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,688,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Their story happened before the hollywood alien craze started, or it was their testimony that gave hollywood material.

I don't base UFO existence on only modern time incidents. There are evidence throughout history that are just too obvious and all the mainstream science keeps brushing it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think most sightings are man-made craft which have been back-engineered from 1 or more downed alien craft. We have had these craft since at least WWII and they came from the Germans. It is well-known the Germans had saucer-shaped craft at the end of the war, and that they moved their operations out of Germany when they saw the end was near. If we consider most craft man-made and we understand the military are trying to spread disinfo (that they are alien craft,) it places a whole new perspective on the UFO phenomena.

I know many people want to believe that aliens are watching over us like a benevolent father, but I really dont think that is happening, and I think people are uselessly deceiving themselves.
You are correct to say that a lot of sightings are man made craft because untrained eyes would say anything that doesn't look like commercial aircraft could be unusual like UFOs. It was believed many of the triangle shaped craft seen in the late 80s were the secret stealth fighter FA117 program. Which is why so many eyewitness said they seen a triangular shaped flying object. Including the B2 stealth bomber which is a boomerang shape.

However, I do believe there is a group of ETs that are watching over us since our creation. There are very credible accts of our nuclear installations being shutdown and disabled by UFOs seen during testing. The reason why the US had so many UFOs because we detonated nukes in the early 30s and attracted their attention.

Last edited by vision33r; 02-26-2020 at 08:37 AM..

Old 02-26-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Their story happened before the hollywood alien craze started, or it was their testimony that gave hollywood material.

I don't base UFO existence on only modern time incidents. There are evidence throughout history that are just too obvious and all the mainstream science keeps brushing it off.

You are correct to say that a lot of sightings are man made craft because untrained eyes would say anything that doesn't look like commercial aircraft could be unusual like UFOs. It was believed many of the triangle shaped craft seen in the late 80s were the secret stealth fighter FA117 program. Which is why so many eyewitness said they seen a triangular shaped flying object. Including the B2 stealth bomber which is a boomerang shape.

However, I do believe there is a group of ETs that are watching over us since our creation. There are very credible accts of our nuclear installations being shutdown and disabled by UFOs seen during testing. The reason why the US had so many UFOs because we detonated nukes in the early 30s and attracted their attention.
There is an aspect to this you didnt mention though...While it is true many people reported the B2 stealth bomber as a 'UFO' when it was still in the secret experimental stage...once it became publicly known, people stopped reporting it as a ufo. There is also the engine noise from a B2 Stealth bomber (they are loud, like every other military plane)...most UFOs make NO SOUND.

Im not sure I believe the man made theory on most of these UFOs, majority of them are totally silent, can hover in place and are capable of other maneuvers, that would kill a normal person...if you look at the most advanced military plane in existence right now, its the F35, this jet does not even come close to what is reported in UFO sightings.

Another thing is their shape...the F35 looks like an aircraft, it has wings, its aerodynamic, etc...when it comes to UFOs, NONE of them look like aircraft, rarely are they reported with wings, most of them are not aerodynamic at all, more like flying bricks or tubes. No man made aircraft even comes close to this either.

One other thing that I must say...'experimental military aircraft DO NOT remain experimental forever, eventually they become publicly known...so where are the military aircraft that operate in total silence, can hover in place, do not need wings, etc etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal