U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 09:02 AM

14,724 posts, read 3,918,213 times

Advertisements

I had another person reply to my FB post about the 'Erlanger Dogman', telling me they had seen a person change form!!

This guy claimed it was he and his wife who saw it and it happened in New Orleans 25 yrs ago, when they were there on vacation, they did not stick around to see the complete transformation, but strangely, he also mentioned that it looked to be a slow and brutally painful process, (exactly like the guy from Beechgrove neighborhood said!)

They said the guy was on his knees, banging his fists on the ground in pain, while this was happening, they said they saw a 'snout growing' and his ears moving around, (they also mentioned hair coming in thicker and longer).

He didnt give me many details, but I did PM him asking him if he would mind talking over the phone sometime, Id like to hear the whole story.

This makes the 2nd story Ive heard within days of making that post, I will admit, I do believe in many UFO reports, Bigfoot and Dogman sightings, and some other things that are somewhat on the fringes of belief...but people actually changing form into werewolves???? I would not have believed that at all...but now Im starting to wonder if there may have been something to the myths from all over the world about these things, (dont even bother asking me to speculate on HOW this happens or WHY) LOL! I would not know where to begin.

**There is one documented case that I read about, from 1911 (of all places), Broadway St in New York city, where dozens of people including police saw an 8ft tall 'werewolf' running around an alley and down the main street, police shot it and brought it down, apparently they would not let the public within 100ft to see the body. They claimed it was taken to the morgue and that was the last anyone heard of it. There was a newspaper article about this incident, but it doesnt mention whatever became of the body, or what they did with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2020, 09:11 AM

17,755 posts, read 21,691,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im starting to wonder if there may have been something to the myths from all over the world about these things, (dont even bother asking me to speculate on HOW this happens or WHY) LOL! I would not know where to begin.
Begin here:

The Beast Within: A History of the Werewolf, by Adam Douglas.

It is sadly out of print, but used copies are widely available. It is without doubt the best study of the werewolf I have ever found. And it covers everything --- prehistoric shamanism, folklore, medieval witchcraft, modern psychology, diseases, and the movies.

It will also show you the flaw in your hypothesis: What you are describing has NOTHING to do with the werewolf of folklore and mythology. It has everything to do with the movies. The supposed werewolf the person is describing did not even exist until 20th century movies. Werewolves in myth and folklore are quite different.

So I suspect what that person was describing was:

1. Made up. This person was pulling your leg.
2. A person either extremely mentally ill or on drugs --- or both.
3. Some sort of demonic possession.

It was not a person turning into a wolfman. Because those don't exist.

Old 03-04-2020, 09:51 AM

5,445 posts, read 5,460,187 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQQtgx4iG8E

Old 03-04-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Begin here:

The Beast Within: A History of the Werewolf, by Adam Douglas.

It is sadly out of print, but used copies are widely available. It is without doubt the best study of the werewolf I have ever found. And it covers everything --- prehistoric shamanism, folklore, medieval witchcraft, modern psychology, diseases, and the movies.

It will also show you the flaw in your hypothesis: What you are describing has NOTHING to do with the werewolf of folklore and mythology. It has everything to do with the movies. The supposed werewolf the person is describing did not even exist until 20th century movies. Werewolves in myth and folklore are quite different.

So I suspect what that person was describing was:

1. Made up. This person was pulling your leg.
2. A person either extremely mentally ill or on drugs --- or both.
3. Some sort of demonic possession.

It was not a person turning into a wolfman. Because those don't exist.
I understand how crazy this sounds, Im having a hard time believing it, but Im hearing and reading more and more that points to that very direction. There are reports from the 1800s of this as well, ( Ive read one about loggers in the Pacific Northwest that shot a 'bipedal wolf' and it turned out to be a dead man). The incident in NYC also took place way before the movie monster.

The 'thing' that was seen outside the local bowling alley here was wearing clothing, there are NUMEROUS other sightings and encounters with that particular detail too.(the bowling alley case has many strange aspects to it), that is one Im currently looking into.

I would not be surprised if it was associated with demonic possession.

I was talking to another guy on a Dogman FB group about this theory, he brought up a good point about this...while it is true werewolves are popular 'movie monsters'...Vampires are also very popular, they are in many werewolf movies too...but how many 'vampire sightings or encounters' have you read about?

I googled it and there are a handful, but very very few where people claim to see the stereotypical movie vampire, and the ones that do exist do not sound very credible at all...and when compared to 'werewolf/dogman' reports...there are 10s of 100os of these, many from very credible people, law enforcement,military people, etc.

Point is, if people were making these sightings up, just for fun or to scare people...why arent they claiming to see REAL 'movie type' Vampires? (they are just as popular if not more so, than werewolves)? I even searched for historical reports of 'real vampires'...(where people claim to see a human with fangs that has abilities associated with the movie vampires)...there are ZERO, NONE, that I could find.

Old 03-04-2020, 11:00 AM

17,755 posts, read 21,691,954 times
Quote:
I understand how crazy this sounds, Im having a hard time believing it, but Im hearing and reading more and more that points to that very direction.
You can hear and read about lots of "proof" that the world is really being run by reptiloids. I have relatives who are convinced that the Mexicans and the Muslims are coming to kill them any day now. Paranoia and herd mentality can sometimes breed some scary things.

I try to keep an open mind. I know there is more in Heaven and Earth than any of us fully understand. Just remember that the entire point of opening your mind is to close it around something again. Don't believe everything you read or hear. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Quote:
( Ive read one about loggers in the Pacific Northwest that shot a 'bipedal wolf' and it turned out to be a dead man).

Old 03-04-2020, 08:31 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,481,786 times
Quote:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Science does NOT give extraordinary evidence for things which are weird. These things are just not investigated. This phrase is an excuse to NOT investigate it and mostly used by science-types rather than proper scientists. Proper scientists would spend time and effort to investigate it - like Tesla did.

Nowadays though, there is not money to investigate these things properly. In the old days often scientists who investigated fringe things had to do it using their own money, now it is citizen-scientists who use their own money and their own garage and THAT'S why the 'proper' science is not there. The science-types who like to comment on these citizen-scientists like to call it all pseudoscience.

Old 03-05-2020, 12:31 AM

Im not even sure you could scientifically explain this! I was on a dogman FB group and a guy was wanting to speculate on how he physical transformation takes place...I told him I would not know where to begin!

If we trust these people and they actually saw humans changing form...where does the black claws, the immense amount of hair, the snout, changes to the head, the hock legs, etc...where do these things come from within the physical body?!!!

Im not sure you could call it 'supernatural', but its definitely not normal, so maybe there is no category for what this is? LOL

Reptilians were mentioned in one of the posts above...if this 'werewolf thing' was demonic possession...why dont we hear of people being changed in half human half reptiles, or some other scary creature that does not exist?

Old 03-05-2020, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
You can hear and read about lots of "proof" that the world is really being run by reptiloids. I have relatives who are convinced that the Mexicans and the Muslims are coming to kill them any day now. Paranoia and herd mentality can sometimes breed some scary things.

I try to keep an open mind. I know there is more in Heaven and Earth than any of us fully understand. Just remember that the entire point of opening your mind is to close it around something again. Don't believe everything you read or hear. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I get what you are saying, but realistically how many reports are there where people claim to see 'reptilians'...(not that many), and the reports that do exist, they are so far off the wall, its almost got to be someone making the whole thing up....but when you compare it to 'werewolf/dogman', there are 1000s of encounters, sightings, etc, from all over the world, going back over 200+ yrs, its not even in the same ball park!

I will also refer to my 'vampire' comparison again...vampires are very popular movie monsters too...it makes sense if people are making up sightings of werewolves, there would be people making up encounters with real vampires too...(but again, its not even in the same ballpark compared to werewolf reports).How do you explain that?

Old 03-05-2020, 01:17 AM

15,887 posts, read 12,688,358 times
Quote:
Im not even sure you could scientifically explain this! I was on a dogman FB group and a guy was wanting to speculate on how he physical transformation takes place...I told him I would not know where to begin!

If we trust these people and they actually saw humans changing form...where does the black claws, the immense amount of hair, the snout, changes to the head, the hock legs, etc...where do these things come from within the physical body?!!!

Im not sure you could call it 'supernatural', but its definitely not normal, so maybe there is no category for what this is? LOL

Reptilians were mentioned in one of the posts above...if this 'werewolf thing' was demonic possession...why dont we hear of people being changed in half human half reptiles, or some other scary creature that does not exist?
Einstein and his theory of Relativity: https://www.nuclear-power.net/laws-o...y-equivalence/. "Einstein’s theory of relativity is that mass and energy are equivalent and convertible one into the other." But that does not happen without releasing an awful amount of energy or requiring an awful amount of energy. Maybe if you had the teleportation chamber from the 1986 movie "The Fly" (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091064/) we could shove some clueless human in the chamber and watch as their bodies transformed when being subjected to some unknown radioactive particles? But movies do not make real life.

The idea that you take some 115 pound weakling and turn them into a few hundred pound dogman/wolfman flies against all that we know.

However; hair covered animals are deceptive. They look considerably larger than they actually are. Of course it depends on the length of the hair. We (when my wife was alive) had ducks. We encountered many skunks that would get into their cages at night. Skunks look like fairly large small animals and we kept looking for a hole they were using to get into the two inch chain length fencing. But they were passing right through the two inch holes! Their bodies looked like they were six or eight inches in diameter; but they still made it through a two inch square. We had to put chicken wire, with one inch octagon holes over the chain length to keep out the skunks. The skunks loved the duck eggs!

With some of our fluffy pets you realize how small they are when they get a good bath. So I do think that, when somebody would all of a sudden get a thick coat of hair, that they would look larger than they are. But that does not mean I believe in werewolves!

Old 03-05-2020, 04:26 AM

3,502 posts, read 2,609,049 times
I refuse to believe a human being can miraculously change forms physically in the light of a full moon, or any time it suits them. Mentally, yes! A person can be fine one second, a total raging lunatic the next. I could see a person changing appearance over time, meaning moths to years, but within a few moments, no. And no offence, if anybody does believe that, yall need to get out more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal