U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 10:07 PM

14,724 posts, read 3,918,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
No! Many qualify their reports with terms like: I think it was. They leave themselves and 'out'. It could be because they don't want to be ridiculed or they simply did not know what they saw. Some of the cases could simply be floaters in a person's eye? Some could be misidentifications? But we will never know because many believers want us to accept all or nothing. If you know 50% of them were a hoax or misidentification; which 50% would you toss out? The problem is that you cannot police your own ranks.

You want a 'good one' that would make us all believers; where is the report of the one that ran into the road, was hit, and taken to be examined?
I do not know if that has ever happened anywhere, but I would bet it would be TOUGH to get ahold of any 'official documentation'...confirming that is what indeed happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2020, 10:49 PM

15,887 posts, read 12,688,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I do not know if that has ever happened anywhere, but I would bet it would be TOUGH to get ahold of any 'official documentation'...confirming that is what indeed happened.
I once saw a horse that was hit in the road in Massachusetts and every police car in the area responded. Our police are curious just like we are. They will respond to a bear being hit because they want to see. If a trucker hit one of these things it would be all over the CB (back then) and ever police car in the state would have responded. Today it would be instantly on the internet.

If something would be killed and it was strange and unusual; people would know. If they are out there; they could be hit by vehicles.

Today they might even collapse on the side of the road when they came down with the corona virus!

Old 03-12-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I once saw a horse that was hit in the road in Massachusetts and every police car in the area responded. Our police are curious just like we are. They will respond to a bear being hit because they want to see. If a trucker hit one of these things it would be all over the CB (back then) and ever police car in the state would have responded. Today it would be instantly on the internet.

If something would be killed and it was strange and unusual; people would know. If they are out there; they could be hit by vehicles.

Today they might even collapse on the side of the road when they came down with the corona virus!
Be honest...if you saw a post on here where this very thing happened, and someone had posted the story, pictures, video, etc...would you believe it was real or would you instantly call it a hoax?(someone making the whole thing up)

Old 03-13-2020, 09:05 AM

11,507 posts, read 10,893,501 times
Quote:
Be honest...if you saw a post on here where this very thing happened, and someone had posted the story, pictures, video, etc...would you believe it was real or would you instantly call it a hoax?(someone making the whole thing up)
He is leading you in the conversations that take us nowhere. What he thinks means nothing to a person seeking knowledge about these creatures. This is what time wasters are all about. They will keep running you down rabbit holes.

Spring is here and plenty of rain as well. A good dark rain suit( under a Ghille suit, not mandatory but a real plus.) and a chair to sit in at night in the rain out in the woods along a creek, etc. Get it all smoked by a campfire etc for scent control, boots also and gloves as well.No cellphone usage or to even have on. Keep the wind blowing into your face. Sit the chair very close to a tree to break up your silhouette. Use a cough silencer for any coughs. Deer hunters use them as well. Quite a few have been successful using this type set up.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:17 AM

15,887 posts, read 12,688,358 times
Quote:
Why do you think I waste so much time on here? I want to see the proof.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
He is leading you in the conversations that take us nowhere. What he thinks means nothing to a person seeking knowledge about these creatures. This is what time wasters are all about. They will keep running you down rabbit holes.

Spring is here and plenty of rain as well. A good dark rain suit( under a Ghille suit, not mandatory but a real plus.) and a chair to sit in at night in the rain out in the woods along a creek, etc. Get it all smoked by a campfire etc for scent control, boots also and gloves as well.No cellphone usage or to even have on. Keep the wind blowing into your face. Sit the chair very close to a tree to break up your silhouette. Use a cough silencer for any coughs. Deer hunters use them as well. Quite a few have been successful using this type set up.
Yes, its been in the 50s and 60s here off and on the past week, Im going to email my contact in southern OH and see if we can set up a day, within the next couple weeks would be perfect for me, Im slow at work right now, so I can take the time to spend the night out there.

Im not sure about hiding my scent though, I dont think the guy ever did this at his place, and he didnt mention it being a factor in whether he sees them or not, so, IDK, do you think its necessary?

There is also a big park in Germantown, OH I want to stake out, the park closes at dark, but they do have hiking trails and its a HUGE park, so I doubt anyone would notice me camping out there as long as I didnt have a fire or make noise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or