Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 06:00 PM

1,161 posts, read 435,342 times

Advertisements

This was a weird situation that happened last night.

My wife and I were sitting on the couch (opposite ends) watching TV.

I would look at her and see my wife, obviously. But in the periphery of my vision when I would turn and look at the TV screen, I swear I saw my Grandma sitting on the couch next to me.
I kept looking back to see my wife. She looks nothing like my Grandmother. She was wearing a hoodie (not my Grandma's style, lol) My wife has long, blonde hair, my grandma had short black/gray hair. There are no similarities. But when I looked back towards the TV, again in the periphery of my vision I saw Grandma sitting there.

It was really weird and I kept looking at my wife and the back to the TV. I was glad that she dind't ask what the hell I was doing, because I think it would be a hard explanation to go "you look like my Grandma"

To make it even stranger, I remember thinking that I hoped this didn't F with my head too much because I don't want to wind up thinking of my Grandma when I'm....ummm WITH MY WIFE, if you catch my drift, but I was obsessed for a few minutes with this phenomenon. But the stranger part is that now as I'm typing this, I honestly don't remember how this stopped. We were up late last night watching TV. But I know that I didn't sit there all night thinking about how she looked like Grandma, but I also don't remember at what point I stopped.

For context, my Grandmother died in 2001 (I don't know if that context is necessary) and yesterday (2/3) is of no significance that I'm aware of.

I do believe in ghosts and spirits. But I've never had an experience anywhere near that.

And don't get me wrong, I totally get that it could just be that for some reason my mind was playing tricks on me. In fact, I'm going to say that that's the most likely cause. But it just seems weird (now that I think about it) that I don't remember how or when it stopped happening.

Has anyone had any sort of experience like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 08:47 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
That's very interesting, but I have no idea what was going on there. The only thing even remotely close to that I've experienced was seeing a guy in a mirror at an Irish pub that dad visited once a year while on vacation. He looked exactly like my dad when I saw him in the mirror, but not when I looked directly at him.

Old 02-05-2020, 03:30 AM

1,159 posts, read 620,576 times
Was it dark in the room?

Old 02-05-2020, 08:53 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,773 times
Yea, I've had that experience. It most commonly happens to me before a pet passes. A day or two before I will see and my husband also will see one of our deceased pets. We both notice it. I see them out of the corner of my eye. Next day or two the current pet passes. It is like they come to help them cross. When this first started happening, a number of years ago, I looked into it. Seeing these kinds of things out of the corner of your eye is how it first manifests. Supposedly they don't want to alarm us so its done in this way. That is how it mostly works with us.

But yea, I believe that those on the Other Side do appear in this fashion.

Old 02-05-2020, 02:59 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Any missing time episodes in your life ? Any other strange phenomena ?

Old 02-06-2020, 09:46 AM

1,161 posts, read 435,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Any missing time episodes in your life ? Any other strange phenomena ?
No, not really any missing time.

The only other thing that I have experienced personally was about 5-6 years ago when my wife and I were in Vegas.

Our last night at the hotel she was coming out of the bathroom and I was about to go in.
All of a sudden I felt her run up beside me and basically shoulder tackle me in the back. it was light, but I definitely got shoved. I became angry at her, uncharacteristically quickly, and I turned to say something, but she was on the other side of the room. There is no way she shoved me. But I know for a fact that I was shoved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
Was it dark in the room?

No, we had the lights on and the TV was on as well.

Old 02-19-2020, 03:56 PM

306 posts, read 336,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Yea, I've had that experience. It most commonly happens to me before a pet passes. A day or two before I will see and my husband also will see one of our deceased pets. We both notice it. I see them out of the corner of my eye. Next day or two the current pet passes. It is like they come to help them cross. When this first started happening, a number of years ago, I looked into it. Seeing these kinds of things out of the corner of your eye is how it first manifests. Supposedly they don't want to alarm us so its done in this way. That is how it mostly works with us.

But yea, I believe that those on the Other Side do appear in this fashion.
This happened to my wife and I after our cat passed. It's related to our pattern seeking nature. You are used to seeing your pet in various locations and poses. Something similar catches your eye and your mind accesses those memories... But I sure wish is was him.

Old 02-20-2020, 08:41 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
That's very interesting, but I have no idea what was going on there. The only thing even remotely close to that I've experienced was seeing a guy in a mirror at an Irish pub that dad visited once a year while on vacation. He looked exactly like my dad when I saw him in the mirror, but not when I looked directly at him.
I've had that happen to me in the past. Loved ones that has passed have some scary ways of communicating with us. It really wasn't scary more like 'just different'

Old 02-20-2020, 09:36 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
Was it dark in the room?
It wasn't dark, but he was wearing the same sort of clothing that my father would have worn. They had the same build, completion, blue eyes, cap, shirt, and jacket. It was very eerie.

Old 02-22-2020, 06:23 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,018,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint8ball View Post
This happened to my wife and I after our cat passed. It's related to our pattern seeking nature. You are used to seeing your pet in various locations and poses. Something similar catches your eye and your mind accesses those memories... But I sure wish is was him.

THIS is what likely happened, which is called Pareidolia, along with maybe some Deja Vu added in and likely other sensory things in the atmosphere of the room that were going on right THEN, which your brain took note of even though your conscious mind didn't.

Believe it or not, it's far more common than you would think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal