U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2020, 04:21 AM

17,302 posts, read 11,071,708 times

Advertisements

I've watched a few but found them to be pretty much all the same.

I went into the woods, saw/heard a big scary monster and escaped to tell about it on tv. yawn.

stopped watching.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 07:30 AM

15,970 posts, read 12,759,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
I've watched a few but found them to be pretty much all the same.

I went into the woods, saw/heard a big scary monster and escaped to tell about it on tv. yawn.

stopped watching.
We bought a house that was five years old back in the 1970's. The previous owners had an old dog coupe outside. In the middle of the night we would be woken up by a sound that seemed it was the next-door neighbor's wife being strangled to death. One night I caught a glimpse of a bobcat perched on top of the old doghouse. So we loaded the doghouse up in the truck and took it to the dump; no more bobcat screeching in the middle of the night.

Sometimes one just has to shine a little light on the noise and our fears can go away. Just because we have not heard a noise before does not mean that it points to a mythical beast.

Old 03-13-2020, 08:17 AM

15,146 posts, read 4,029,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The thing is, these TV shows could find out more if they wanted to...but they dont, and I am not sure why someone does not do a proper investigation. Not the same people, obviously as they just want the mystery aspect to it, but some other program and some other producer. I am sure there are enough people out there who are interested in mysteries and frustrated by this kind of TV series who would watch it.

It all plays to the sensation-seeking side our TV nature. Thats why I think the UK's BBC is good as they do real investigation programs occasionally.
Ive never seen tv show that was interested in doing a REAL investigation into these kinds of things, they are created to be entertaining and get people to tune in and watch, I havent wasted my time watching any shows in years, the times I have, they were all the same...jump scares, "what was that, it sounded weird...oh it was nothing", LOL

Its hard to find 'truths' in any of this stuff, unfortunately, there is money to be made from scaring people, and everyone is out to make more money!

Old 03-13-2020, 08:18 AM

397 posts, read 104,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
These Woods Are Haunted is a good series, the accounts are fairly believable and the effects are good. I watched when it first came on and surprisingly liked the series. Haunted Hospitals which is on right before, is good too.

The episode last week about the Bigfoot or Dogman creature was good. The family lived deep in the woods and this thing attacked their horse, leaving big scratches on the horses hindquarters. I’d be afraid to live so far away from civilization, who knows what might be lurking. The woods have seen a lot of people vanish.
I have seen the horse scratch story used several times, no picture or film of the horse ever gets shown. The only good thing is everyone always gets away safely to tell their story. Amazing how these 8-10 foot tall super aggressive creatures built better than Arnold at his prime never catch out of shape little humans.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:13 AM

11,537 posts, read 10,928,183 times
How do you know this?

Amazing how these 8-10 foot tall super aggressive creatures built better than Arnold at his prime never catch out of shape little humans.

People disappear daily.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How do you know this?

Amazing how these 8-10 foot tall super aggressive creatures built better than Arnold at his prime never catch out of shape little humans.

People disappear daily.
Show us the police reports of people killed by Big Foot.

Old 03-13-2020, 12:13 PM

397 posts, read 104,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Show us the police reports of people killed by Big Foot.
I was speaking of Dogmen being that size and aggressive from all the stories, not Bigfoot. Bigfoot has grown in size considerably since the 70's when I heard stories as a kid, just not Dogman size yet.

Old 03-13-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I was speaking of Dogmen being that size and aggressive from all the stories, not Bigfoot. Bigfoot has grown in size considerably since the 70's when I heard stories as a kid, just not Dogman size yet.
We have heard stories that even military, police and survival experts wet themselves when they have an encounter. But I never see the police reports of any of these creatures killing somebody.

Old 03-13-2020, 08:18 PM

11,595 posts, read 13,205,140 times
Quote:
We have heard stories that even military, police and survival experts wet themselves when they have an encounter. But I never see the police reports of any of these creatures killing somebody.
That's because they don't exist. Unless you are to belive a percentage of missing persons cases are victims of bigfoot/cryptid kills.
I do like this show though. Some of the stories are interesting provided you can get past the over the top recreations.

Old 03-14-2020, 12:32 AM

15,146 posts, read 4,029,819 times
Quote:
Whoever said Dogman or Bigfoot was killing anyone? Ive never read any claims of that, to be honest, I dont think Ive even read any reports where people were seriously harmed or touched by these things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal