U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-14-2020, 06:00 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,976 posts, read 12,767,829 times
Reputation: 12026

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Whoever said Dogman or Bigfoot was killing anyone? Ive never read any claims of that, to be honest, I dont think Ive even read any reports where people were seriously harmed or touched by these things.
And that is what I am saying! If there was human contact we would have some evidence and we do not. I can picture a battered woman claiming that it was a Big Foot because she is afraid of her husband's retaliation when questioned by authorities. But I just do not see these reports of brutal attacks from the creatures. If they are dangerous they are not doing a great job of proving it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-14-2020, 09:51 AM
 
15,200 posts, read 4,046,648 times
Reputation: 9729
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
And that is what I am saying! If there was human contact we would have some evidence and we do not. I can picture a battered woman claiming that it was a Big Foot because she is afraid of her husband's retaliation when questioned by authorities. But I just do not see these reports of brutal attacks from the creatures. If they are dangerous they are not doing a great job of proving it!
There are a few different theories on that from what Ive read, some people claim they are NOT all that dangerous, (and its only their appearance that is frightening), some people claimed to have positive encounters with these things too.


Some people say they 'feed' off peoples fear, and that they can even induce a severe level of fear, using biological infrasound, (to their credit, there are inaudible sounds in that range that can produce feelings of severe fright and fear).


Ive also read that some people claim they are not attacking people because, 'the time is not yet', one encounter, the guy claimed a DOgman charged him from a distance and was coming full steam, but at the last minute, veered off and into the forest, (there are actually MANY similar reports of this happening with Dogmen and Bigfoot).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2020, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Gray Court, SC
3,549 posts, read 2,637,411 times
Reputation: 3929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Stories are just made UP. Encounters are not.
Until you talk about your encounter, then its just a story. As evidenced by remarks on this forum, there are those who wont believe without a carcass or DNA, and that's fine, that's their right. For those of us who have had encounters, we know, or believe what we have seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2020, 10:19 PM
 
Location: PRC
3,450 posts, read 3,503,480 times
Reputation: 3203
The truth is, we dont know guys on here so we cannot assess the 'truth' of what they say. However, we do know our friends and relatives who may also say they have had encounters. Many people are reporting encounters and personally, I do not think all of them are fabricated and made-up stories. For example, there are no big apes in N America, and unless there is some group going around the woods pretending to be aggressive, territorial large apes, then people are seeing something big and hairy and not just some guy (hoping to get shot) in a camo suit making grunting noises. So, I believe there is something out there which people are encountering and which needs to be tracked down and identified.

The folk who wont believe without a body or DNA need to stop denying what is in front of their face. They need to actively go out there and do the things which are going to trigger an encounter, (not to kill it, but to experience it first hand) and those who do will probably not be so vocal in their disbelief afterwards. In fact, we will probably never hear from them again because they will not be able to process what they saw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2020, 01:29 AM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
17,312 posts, read 11,077,130 times
Reputation: 31180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So, I believe there is something out there which people are encountering and which needs to be tracked down and identified.



why? If it does exist (and yea, I'm inclined to think it does) why not just leave it alone? Why track it down and identify it? To what end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2020, 09:33 AM
 
11,546 posts, read 10,932,029 times
Reputation: 4521
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Until you talk about your encounter, then its just a story. As evidenced by remarks on this forum, there are those who wont believe without a carcass or DNA, and that's fine, that's their right. For those of us who have had encounters, we know, or believe what we have seen.

Yes, John I totally agree. Been there and done that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2020, 12:17 PM
 
15,200 posts, read 4,046,648 times
Reputation: 9729
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
why? If it does exist (and yea, I'm inclined to think it does) why not just leave it alone? Why track it down and identify it? To what end?
To increase our knowledge about the world we live in. Who knows what the discovery of their existence would mean for the world? It may shed light on our history, where we came from, etc. Many many things.


Im personally interested in the Dogman, to think there is a humanoid looking wolf/dog running around out there boggles my mind, how did these things come into existence? where did they come from? whats their history? Are they higher on the food chain than humans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2020, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
17,312 posts, read 11,077,130 times
Reputation: 31180
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
To increase our knowledge about the world we live in. Who knows what the discovery of their existence would mean for the world? It may shed light on our history, where we came from, etc. Many many things.






'shedding light' means destroying imho.




guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2020, 01:41 PM
 
Location: The Driftless Area, WI
3,656 posts, read 1,408,583 times
Reputation: 8202
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
For those of us who have had encounters, we know, or believe what we have seen.

"Remember, Jerry-- it's not a lie if you don't believe it is lie." --George Costanza


You don't know what you saw...You just think you know. There's the rub.


Besides, everyone knows those missing people were not taken away or killed by Bigfoot or Dogmen.... They were abducted by aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2020, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Gray Court, SC
3,549 posts, read 2,637,411 times
Reputation: 3929
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
"Remember, Jerry-- it's not a lie if you don't believe it is lie." --George Costanza


You don't know what you saw...You just think you know. There's the rub.


Besides, everyone knows those missing people were not taken away or killed by Bigfoot or Dogmen.... They were abducted by aliens.
No, I believe what I saw. I don't need anyone to tell me that I don't believe what I saw/encountered. DO I think everyone who claims to have seen a squatch actually did, no. But I do think Sasquatch exists, and I have had 2 encounters with one, or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top