U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-15-2020, 09:38 PM
 
15,203 posts, read 4,046,648 times
Reputation: 9729

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
'shedding light' means destroying imho.




guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Are you saying, if the history we were all taught, was 'whitewashed' and the truth is 'stranger' or more bizarre... you would not want to know that?!!


I definitely would, even if the truth was we were created as a slave race for some alien explorers, or that we are just some science experiment in a much more advanced world...it may sting at first, but its better to know the truth imo, rather than continue to believe a lie, (however extensive it may be).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-15-2020, 10:07 PM
 
Location: PRC
3,454 posts, read 3,503,480 times
Reputation: 3203
I think the point is that folks who go out into the woods deserve to know what is out there. Just as people are prepared to meet bears, deer, cougars, etc they do NOT know they might meet Bigfoot/Dogman. If they did know, they might think twice about going out.

Thats the problem. Forests and wooded areas are big business and money is needed to manage and preserve these areas for the public. If we suddenly have a definitive proof that there is something which is not scared of us - like other animals generally are, then we need to know and take a calculated risk if we go out into the woods with them.

I have already listed some of the political, economic, and religious factors which discovery of a large new species might have, but I do think people should realise it is not just a matter of discovering a new frog or mouse which is not going to hurt anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2020, 03:37 PM
 
9,107 posts, read 3,351,595 times
Reputation: 20803
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive never seen tv show that was interested in doing a REAL investigation into these kinds of things, they are created to be entertaining and get people to tune in and watch, I havent wasted my time watching any shows in years, the times I have, they were all the same...jump scares, "what was that, it sounded weird...oh it was nothing", LOL


Its hard to find 'truths' in any of this stuff, unfortunately, there is money to be made from scaring people, and everyone is out to make more money!
Have you watched Hellier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2020, 05:33 PM
 
Location: Olympia area (for now)
1,929 posts, read 752,141 times
Reputation: 4200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The truth is, we dont know guys on here so we cannot assess the 'truth' of what they say. However, we do know our friends and relatives who may also say they have had encounters. Many people are reporting encounters and personally, I do not think all of them are fabricated and made-up stories. For example, there are no big apes in N America, and unless there is some group going around the woods pretending to be aggressive, territorial large apes, then people are seeing something big and hairy and not just some guy (hoping to get shot) in a camo suit making grunting noises. So, I believe there is something out there which people are encountering and which needs to be tracked down and identified.

The folk who wont believe without a body or DNA need to stop denying what is in front of their face. They need to actively go out there and do the things which are going to trigger an encounter, (not to kill it, but to experience it first hand) and those who do will probably not be so vocal in their disbelief afterwards. In fact, we will probably never hear from them again because they will not be able to process what they saw.
I watched a show where a cop was called out to investigate a possible Bigfoot sighting around a house and he later took a plaster cast of a footprint he found in the woods nearby. The print was large and looked like an ape foot. I’ve seen some convincing people on YouTube who claim to have seen one. One in particular was a teacher in Oregon who was tracked by a large bipedal animal while on a hike with his family. It’s hard to understand what the motivation to come forward and lie would be, since they seem convinced they saw one and talked about how fearful they were.

I always wondered if starting decades ago, zoos, private parties, labs and circuses dumped their unwanted animals out in the woods. It’s not the first time animals have been dumped and what if some of those animals were apes or gorillas who managed to survive and reproduce? It would certainly answer a lot of questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2020, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Southern California
6,261 posts, read 8,726,817 times
Reputation: 6253
I've watched about 10-12 episodes. It's pretty interesting. Whether they're ALL true, I don't know, but they seem pretty real the way people describe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2020, 07:56 PM
 
15,203 posts, read 4,046,648 times
Reputation: 9729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
I watched a show where a cop was called out to investigate a possible Bigfoot sighting around a house and he later took a plaster cast of a footprint he found in the woods nearby. The print was large and looked like an ape foot. I’ve seen some convincing people on YouTube who claim to have seen one. One in particular was a teacher in Oregon who was tracked by a large bipedal animal while on a hike with his family. It’s hard to understand what the motivation to come forward and lie would be, since they seem convinced they saw one and talked about how fearful they were.

I always wondered if starting decades ago, zoos, private parties, labs and circuses dumped their unwanted animals out in the woods. It’s not the first time animals have been dumped and what if some of those animals were apes or gorillas who managed to survive and reproduce? It would certainly answer a lot of questions.
Ive wondered about wild gorillas in my area, being mistaken for Bigfoot and Dogman, but gorillas could not survive the climates here in the mid west, and plus, there would be dead bodies, some would get hit by cars, people would catch them getting into trash cans, dumpsters. Hunters and campers would run into them occasionally too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2020, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Olympia area (for now)
1,929 posts, read 752,141 times
Reputation: 4200
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive wondered about wild gorillas in my area, being mistaken for Bigfoot and Dogman, but gorillas could not survive the climates here in the mid west, and plus, there would be dead bodies, some would get hit by cars, people would catch them getting into trash cans, dumpsters. Hunters and campers would run into them occasionally too.
You bring up some good points. I’m thinking that maybe a hundred years ago, some of these gorillas and apes found each other and bred. Over time, this might result in a larger, more rugged animal better able to survive the harsh climates. I’m not an expert, but maybe someone could offer information if this scenario is possible. If not, then we’re back to the unknown.

One example could be something like this..a hundred fifty years ago, a few circuses and zoos became bankrupt and the animals were released into the woods. What if this was a warm climate like Louisiana or Florida and the gorillas and apes were able to stay alive and breed. Over a few decades, the bigger and tougher offspring roamed further north and adapted to snow.

An expert would be able to shed some light, if the animals could become larger and stronger as a result of living for generations out in the wild and if they could have adapted. Be interesting to know if today’s Bigfoot is the offspring of gorillas kept in captivity generations ago.

Last edited by Taz22; 03-27-2020 at 06:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2020, 11:43 PM
 
15,203 posts, read 4,046,648 times
Reputation: 9729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
You bring up some good points. I’m thinking that maybe a hundred years ago, some of these gorillas and apes found each other and bred. Over time, this might result in a larger, more rugged animal better able to survive the harsh climates. I’m not an expert, but maybe someone could offer information if this scenario is possible. If not, then we’re back to the unknown.

One example could be something like this..a hundred fifty years ago, a few circuses and zoos became bankrupt and the animals were released into the woods. What if this was a warm climate like Louisiana or Florida and the gorillas and apes were able to stay alive and breed. Over a few decades, the bigger and tougher offspring roamed further north and adapted to snow.

An expert would be able to shed some light, if the animals could become larger and stronger as a result of living for generations out in the wild and if they could have adapted. Be interesting to know if today’s Bigfoot is the offspring of gorillas kept in captivity generations ago.
Even if that had happened, we would have more people 'seeing' gorillas here and there (not everyone is going to mis-identify them), some will get very good glimpses of them going thru trash cans, dumpsters, etc, there would certainly be clear pictures and videos of some over the years, again, hikers and campers would run into them, some would be hit by cars and left on the side of the road...We would also see gorillas attacking and killing people, because they are extremely territorial, if a camper or hiker stumbled into their territory, it would not end well for the human...none of this seems to be happening.


Just for kicks, I googled 'Sightings of Gorillas in the US'...most of what comes up is related to gorillas that live in other countries, I could find NO actual sightings or encounters with gorillas, in any US state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2020, 08:15 AM
 
Location: PRC
3,454 posts, read 3,503,480 times
Reputation: 3203
Quote:
You bring up some good points. I’m thinking that maybe a hundred years ago, some of these gorillas and apes found each other and bred. Over time, this might result in a larger, more rugged animal better able to survive the harsh climates. I’m not an expert, but maybe someone could offer information if this scenario is possible. If not, then we’re back to the unknown.

One example could be something like this..a hundred fifty years ago, a few circuses and zoos became bankrupt and the animals were released into the woods. What if this was a warm climate like Louisiana or Florida and the gorillas and apes were able to stay alive and breed. Over a few decades, the bigger and tougher offspring roamed further north and adapted to snow.

An expert would be able to shed some light, if the animals could become larger and stronger as a result of living for generations out in the wild and if they could have adapted. Be interesting to know if today’s Bigfoot is the offspring of gorillas kept in captivity generations ago.
I dont think you realise how long it takes to breed and change the characteristics of a species. For humans it (supposedly) took a long, long time to get us from ape-men to humans - not just a few or 100 generations.

Personally, I do not believe we came from apes, but that is the common understanding these days. I believe that apes do not have some of the features we do, such as a voicebox and the bone composition is different. Also, we have not been able to trace the ancestorship back without a break. Anyway, who knows, maybe I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2020, 09:02 AM
 
11,543 posts, read 10,932,029 times
Reputation: 4521
These creatures are not unknown primates. There is an alien connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top