Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 09:08 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times

Advertisements

Although this is very cheesy with effects of growling and roaring of 'evil monsters', I think the actual witness accounts are good.

Maybe I am gullible, but I believe they are real because the witnesses are often big men, the kind who dont like to show weakness, yet they recount their story and how they are terrified and you can see they mean it.
They are people who have had life-changing experiences which they never dreamed they would have. They find it difficult to tell others because they feel they wont be believed, yet they know what they are recounting is true.

S02E01 for example, is one event which is Dogman and and one which is Bigfoot. It is interesting how much more agressive dogman is than boigfoot. Both need to defend their territory, yet one is so much more aggressive than the other. If you can find this series, I think it would be interesting to watch - just to see the reactions of the people concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2020, 06:41 AM

615 posts, read 1,075,137 times
Maybe if you listed any information on what your talking about it would help.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:41 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,389,545 times
What's that Lassie? What are you trying to tell us girl? Lol Bigfoot VS Dogman ?????? Wtf is this crap??? I'll take Spider-Man over Batman. Lol

Old 03-11-2020, 09:49 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,313,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlB328 View Post
Maybe if you listed any information on what your talking about it would help.
These Woods are haunted is a weekly tv show on Travel channel. You can see it online too on the Travel channel website.

I've watched it before. Some of the stories sound legitimate. others, not so much.

Old 03-11-2020, 10:54 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
The show is ok I liked Monsters and Mysteries in America better when it was on. Its expected the deep woods can be creepy as well as beautiful, esp at night. The latter show had the critters and creepy crawlies trying to get into peoples homes in some cases. Is that scratching on the roof the oak tree? Or is it the Jersey Devil or Grassman?

Old 03-11-2020, 11:58 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Stories are just made UP. Encounters are not.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:29 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
It's entertaining enough.
As usual, some of the dramatizations are a little over the top cheesy but whatever.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:44 PM

Yes, it is a TV show and a number of them tell people's first-hand accounts of Dogman or Bigfoot encounters. The Dogman ones are particularly scary for them as this creature is very aggressive and often chased them out of the woods. Bigfoot ones seem to only be defending its territory and throws rocks and makes noises in the bushes, however the rocks only land close by, they dont hit. Bigfoot do not seem to actively chase people.

One Dogman incident I saw had it deeply scratching a horses hind quarters as if it had tried to bring it down. It would need some real strength to attempt to do that.

I really think that we need to get to the bottom of these things out in the woods as there are so many people who go out walking, hiking, and camping that could be in danger - particularly of Dogman.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:15 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,009 times
These Woods Are Haunted is a good series, the accounts are fairly believable and the effects are good. I watched when it first came on and surprisingly liked the series. Haunted Hospitals which is on right before, is good too.

The episode last week about the Bigfoot or Dogman creature was good. The family lived deep in the woods and this thing attacked their horse, leaving big scratches on the horses hindquarters. I’d be afraid to live so far away from civilization, who knows what might be lurking. The woods have seen a lot of people vanish.

Old 03-12-2020, 12:36 AM

The thing is, these TV shows could find out more if they wanted to...but they dont, and I am not sure why someone does not do a proper investigation. Not the same people, obviously as they just want the mystery aspect to it, but some other program and some other producer. I am sure there are enough people out there who are interested in mysteries and frustrated by this kind of TV series who would watch it.

It all plays to the sensation-seeking side our TV nature. Thats why I think the UK's BBC is good as they do real investigation programs occasionally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal