Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 12:39 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,188,097 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-JLvOpUlzo

Ignore the title and listen to the first 5:00 minutes; at least.

"Sasquatch People Aren't Monkeys"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 12:50 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,480,306 times
They have different names in different places, Ive heard some people refer to them as 'skunk apes' or the 'wood ape', I think that is mainly because they look somewhat like a gorilla (some of them do anyways).

I enjoyed the video, the guy seems to be a straight shooter, although, im not sure what he meant in the video about bigfoot being 'the tip of the iceberg'? Do you know?

Last edited by rstevens62; 03-05-2020 at 01:23 AM..

Old 03-05-2020, 06:58 AM

IMO He is alluding to the idea that they are not an unknown primate.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:57 AM

2,413 posts, read 1,639,315 times
I made it through the whole video. To me he seems like a very low rent version of a 80's horrible at their job infomercial host. You know the ones that came on at 3am only way worse.

90% of the video he could could have been talking about anything with the way he worded everything. Also he seems to be ON something with his constant movement. IMHO people like in the video is WHY it is hard to take the subject seriously.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:05 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,021,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I made it through the whole video. To me he seems like a very low rent version of a 80's horrible at their job infomercial host. You know the ones that came on at 3am only way worse.

90% of the video he could could have been talking about anything with the way he worded everything. Also he seems to be ON something with his constant movement. IMHO people like in the video is WHY it is hard to take the subject seriously.
I am a hard sell. I hang up on the telemarketers as soon as they open their mouths. I want to see scientific evidence and not just have somebody bad mouth me because I do not believe. We are long overdue for solid evidence that they exist.

Old 03-05-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am a hard sell. I hang up on the telemarketers as soon as they open their mouths. I want to see scientific evidence and not just have somebody bad mouth me because I do not believe. We are long overdue for solid evidence that they exist.
Some of the people that claim to have regular contact with these things are no longer interested in disclosing proof of their existence anymore, Ive ran into a lot of these folks within the dogman world, if they feel you would disclose their 'hotspot' or go public with any pics they have, they will flat out ignore you.

Old 03-05-2020, 11:07 AM

I think we me it is the Teacher in me for why I stick around here. It makes a person wonder how long these disbelievers would last on the religion forum.

I know what I have seen and experienced and no one will change my mind. I don't like them coming around where I live.

Old 03-05-2020, 11:27 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,021,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Some of the people that claim to have regular contact with these things are no longer interested in disclosing proof of their existence anymore, Ive ran into a lot of these folks within the dogman world, if they feel you would disclose their 'hotspot' or go public with any pics they have, they will flat out ignore you.
But is it because they want to protect their hotspot or were they always lying? Here is a link to signs that one might be lying; it is about couples - but it could be anything: https://www.bustle.com/p/7-signs-you...-to-it-8354049. I like the number one and number seven on 'their way to spot a lie'. 1 is they get defensive and seven is that "they use phrases like "Trust me", "Honestly", and "Just to be honest..." sound like your partner is trying too hard, you might be right."

This is the problem with all of this 'non-evidence' presented as stories. We have to rely on somebody's word. Many times we do not even have a name or they have changed their name so we cannot verify their story.

Anybody that claims they see these things all the time is in an excellent position to collect evidence. But when we get nothing and over the years they continue to claim that they see these creatures all the time; then we get suspicious.

Old 03-05-2020, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I think we me it is the Teacher in me for why I stick around here. It makes a person wonder how long these disbelievers would last on the religion forum.

I know what I have seen and experienced and no one will change my mind. I don't like them coming around where I live.
I feel the opposite way, I have read and heard so much about these things, I really want to see one, (one time would be good enough!), bigfoot or dogman, either one would be just fine!

Although I do understand why you would not want them coming around your property all the time.

Old 03-05-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
But is it because they want to protect their hotspot or were they always lying? Here is a link to signs that one might be lying; it is about couples - but it could be anything: https://www.bustle.com/p/7-signs-you...-to-it-8354049. I like the number one and number seven on 'their way to spot a lie'. 1 is they get defensive and seven is that "they use phrases like "Trust me", "Honestly", and "Just to be honest..." sound like your partner is trying too hard, you might be right."

This is the problem with all of this 'non-evidence' presented as stories. We have to rely on somebody's word. Many times we do not even have a name or they have changed their name so we cannot verify their story.

Anybody that claims they see these things all the time is in an excellent position to collect evidence. But when we get nothing and over the years they continue to claim that they see these creatures all the time; then we get suspicious.
Well, I have personally run across a number of people in the FB dogman and bigfoot groups, if you start sounding skeptical, they will just move on and ignore you, Ive had a couple really try to prove their sightings to me, one of these wrote me a freaking novel when I questioned his recording, but the large majority, they are not interested in proving anything to a skeptic, they will just ignore you.

This is actually very prevalent within the native american groups (when the topic is skinwalkers), NONE of them are interested in proving anything to a skeptic, Ive talked to a few of them, they could not care less if you or I believe them or not.

When people go out of their way NOT trying to prove something to you...well, imo, that makes them a whole lot more credible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal