U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 08:50 AM

173 posts, read 105,067 times

Advertisements

I have friend whose aunt swore she saw a skinwalker. Much like what you described, the dog like creature was RUNNING along side her car late one night on the Warm Springs reservation (In Oregon.) Highway 97 cuts right through the land. To this day she still believes that is what she saw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2020, 09:41 AM

14,724 posts, read 3,918,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_potion_darling View Post
I have friend whose aunt swore she saw a skinwalker. Much like what you described, the dog like creature was RUNNING along side her car late one night on the Warm Springs reservation (In Oregon.) Highway 97 cuts right through the land. To this day she still believes that is what she saw.
Was it running bipedally, and keeping pace with the car? This sounds like classic Skinwlker behavior. Thankfully, they usually veer off after so long, they are trying to get people to stop their cars imo.

Ive read that people claim they were doing 75-80 mph, and this thing stayed there right alongside them, running up on its hind legs!

Old 03-14-2020, 11:21 AM

15,887 posts, read 12,688,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
These are NOT just stories, there were scientists and investigators LIVING at the ranch, they are the ones who documented all this stuff.

The consensus among them when the project ended, was that some kind of 'dimensional portal' was the source of all the strange things, creatures, UFO, skinwalkers, it all came and went thru this portal.

One thing I found very interesting, was one of the investigator communicated with one of these entities and asked it why the ranch is so 'active', and she said it responded by saying something along the lines of, "We are doing the same thing you are, but on the opposite end", Ive thought about that statement a few times, and my take on it is, whatever these things are, they are in their own dimension and Im assuming this property (on their dimension, is also a hot spot), but its us that are the strange beings), and maybe they are investigating, just like we are.

It made me wonder, looking at this ranch from their dimension, what does it look like, when human people, dogs, cats, cows, etc are on the property? Are they seeing US as 'strange ghostly entities', just because we are in another dimension, or..? Strange way to think about it, but thats my take on this.
I don't see the science when I look at this link: SKINWALKER RANCH .. What I do see or smell is a con job. Bigelow went to Harry Reid for money to research and explore this 'threat': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bigelow. Bigelow is a businessman first and not a paranormal researcher. He saw a golden opportunity and capitalized on it because of his friendship with Reid. Once politics get involved science flies out the window.

Show me some links to this material that don't look like they were written by PT Barnum.

Old 03-14-2020, 12:30 PM

327 posts, read 84,427 times
Quote:
I have friend whose aunt swore she......
Doesn't every fake legend start like this?:roll eyes:

Old 03-14-2020, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I don't see the science when I look at this link: SKINWALKER RANCH .. What I do see or smell is a con job. Bigelow went to Harry Reid for money to research and explore this 'threat': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bigelow. Bigelow is a businessman first and not a paranormal researcher. He saw a golden opportunity and capitalized on it because of his friendship with Reid. Once politics get involved science flies out the window.

Show me some links to this material that don't look like they were written by PT Barnum.
Reid became interested in Skinwalker ranch because he had sent a representative out there on his behalf and this guy ended up having a personal encounter at the property, this guy goes back to Reid and tells him about it and Reid finds the money to throw at the ranch, (his ultimate goal was new military technology), that is why they were investigating all that stuff, they wanted to find a way to 'harness' or tap into it, or at least see if thats possible.

They werent just investigating this stuff to learn more about it, they had plans for anything they learned! Who knows if they did learn anything from this either, its not like the Govt would be forthcoming about these kinds of projects when its goal involves military technology...ANYONE could be reading that online! They would be crazy to show all their cards over the internet or publicly, (this is why Area 51 is so secure).

As far as how the teams investigated the incidents, it seemed pretty thorough from what Ive read, they had bait pens, they had a fenced in area with numerous dogs, that would alert when something strange was lurking about, they had another fenced pasture with cows, and one of the incidents, a cow was being ravaged by a big black wolf, they shot it 4 times point blank range and it was unaffected, no blood, nothing, they said it did eventually walk off in a casual manner and disappear into the canyon. They also had all sorts of video and audio sensors, recording devices placed thru out the property, ALL this information is online, they documented all the incidents and goings on when they occurred...Isnt this what you skeptics want them to do? LOL

Kind of funny, you all ask for serious investigations and documentation, but then when that is provided, you all start blasting how they did it or trying to discredit those involved, or how they did things...?

This is beginning to feel like a circular debate that is going nowhere.

Old 03-15-2020, 08:00 AM

173 posts, read 105,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
Doesn't every fake legend start like this?:roll eyes:

lolz, maybe. I'm just saying what was told to me. It was almost two decades ago and it's always stuck with me. Interesting the OP said encounters typically match exactly what she described. I don't know how common the phenomenon is, I have not personally heard anyone else mention they've seen a skinwalker.

Old 03-15-2020, 08:43 AM

15,128 posts, read 12,264,209 times
Skinwalkers. Lycanthropes, werewolves, or a host of other different names for the same thing. I grew up right next to a huge rez. Hanging out with Indians, listening to the legends and lore.

The scariest stuff is what you dont hear stories about. Or you see something and mention it and get shut down. There aren't any local legends about skinwalkers or evil medicine men with the tribes hereabouts.

Plenty of spirit stories about certain places though. Instead of haunted houses Indians have haunted mountains or valleys. Something revolving g around something bad happening there at some time.

If you wander in to these places you will get warnings. It behooves you to pay attention. I've seen some strange and scary stuff. But nothing like people shifting into animals.

Animals acting strangely and totally out of character yes. The aforementioned warnings. But none of the local stuff has any connection to curses or black magic. Just....restless spirits. Remote places where maybe a battle happened or something like that.

My weird experience was at a place a nasty fight was supposed to have happened. A troop of cavalry that disappeared and was never found was supposedly wiped out there.

No real evidence was ever really found. Just one guy who brought some artifacts out but could never find the exact spot again. He told a story of a cave, the troopers remains still in it. He brought out an old saddle a rifle and a pistol that matched what the I'll fated troop would have had.

The Indians believe the place is protected. Theres a feeling of regret to their story about what was done. The soldiers died badly. So its said. But where the guy got those artifacts he brought out has never been found again.

It's a pretty spooky story.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:29 AM

82,448 posts, read 75,483,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive been doing some reading on these things, just curious what everyone thinks about them?

From what Ive read, this ONLY impacts Native Americans, Ive not seen any accounts from non-Native Americans, but there plenty among the NAs, many will not even talk about them or say the name, (their actual Indian name is Yen al dooshi)(something like that).

They are said to be 'Medicine Men' who decided to take the dark path, they can wear the skins of animals and appear as those animals as well, its said they most often take the form of a 4-5ft tall shaggy, foul smelling 'hairy thing, (like a small Bigfoot I guess), but has a human face, they also take the form a large bipedal coyote too.

Many people report them running alongside their cars (on Reservation territory), those people claim they looked like large coyotes running on their hind legs, (at speeds of 50-75mph), many of them said, they would look over to see the large coyote running, blink and it would be a native american man running, blink again, and it was the large coyote.

**I dated a girl when I was around 18/19 yrs old, she was from AZ, but her dad had taken a job here in KY, that is how I met her, eventually they moved back to Sedona, AZ, I had planned to come out and get an apt there later on, as I was going to move there with her, (however I started seeing another girl shortly after and I never moved, she HATED me after that, I do admit, I treated her wrong and regret that today), but thats another story!

I knew some of her friends here in KY and they would always let me know how she was doing, a couple years after all this, she got married to a guy and they had a kid, and her friends told me she had a major pill addiction, and was not doing very well, she was a white girl, (no native american at all in her), but she was a 'free spirit' so to speak, she was into new age stuff, healing, crystals, etc, she went to a Medicine man in Sedona to get help with her pill problem, and from what I heard, she was doing better for awhile...but it was not long after that she died, (it was not a drug overdose, she was in her early 30s), strange thing is, a couple years after her death, her dad also died (heart related), he was in his early 50s, and just last year, her kid died, ( I believe she was close to 12yrs old).

I thought that was pretty strange, her mother had died when she was very young, so it was just her and her dad, and eventually her kid...and after she went to the medicine man....years later, they are ALL dead!! Im not saying its related, but it is odd imo.
Yee naaldlooshii: the ones who walk by means of all fours.

Regarding so-called "medicine men" or "healers" or "shamans" from whatever culture, it's never guaranteed that they won't take advantage of their "skills", and use them for harm rather than good. You're always taking your chances, any time you go to see such a person; they can be unpredictable. They're known for that. Though I've noticed that women healers tend to focus more on the helpful side, rather than the harmful, and it all depends on the individual, and how spiritually-oriented they are.

There was someone (non-Native) who posted on another sub-forum here a few years ago, that he'd seen things on Indian reservations he couldn't explain. I messaged him, but he wouldn't say what it was he'd seen. I wonder if this type of transformational being was what he saw.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yee naaldlooshii: the ones who walk by means of all fours.

Regarding so-called "medicine men" or "healers" or "shamans" from whatever culture, it's never guaranteed that they won't take advantage of their "skills", and use them for harm rather than good. You're always taking your chances, any time you go to see such a person; they can be unpredictable. They're known for that. Though I've noticed that women healers tend to focus more on the helpful side, rather than the harmful, and it all depends on the individual, and how spiritually-oriented they are.

There was someone (non-Native) who posted on another sub-forum here a few years ago, that he'd seen things on Indian reservations he couldn't explain. I messaged him, but he wouldn't say what it was he'd seen. I wonder if this type of transformational being was what he saw.
Native Americans do not like to talk about these things, or even mention their names, they fear doing so can attract their attention. Its said that Skinwalkers only target Native Americans though, im not sure what would happen if another race encountered one.

From what Ive read on Skinwalkers though, they dont really 'transform' into an animal (like the stereotypical werewolf transformation), which is a painful slow process, from descriptions people give of skinwalkers they have seen, its like they blink and its in the form of a man/woman, blink again, and its in animal form...there is no 'transformation period', its instantaneous almost, (although Im not claiming to know the details of how they do this!)LOL, they are almost always naked though when in human form.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
lolz, maybe. I'm just saying what was told to me. It was almost two decades ago and it's always stuck with me. Interesting the OP said encounters typically match exactly what she described. I don't know how common the phenomenon is, I have not personally heard anyone else mention they've seen a skinwalker.
There are NUMEROUS reports of 'things that look like this' running alongside cars, Google it, many of them are listed as 'dogman sightings' though, the witness claims a half human half wolf/dog runs alongside their car and keeps pace no matter how fast they are going.

There was actually an episode of "dogman Encounters radio show' of a guy who was driving late on a 2 lane country road and he gave a great description of the incident, ( i can provide the link if anyone wants to listen to it), He said it looked identical to the werewolf in the 'Van Helsing' movie with Hugh Jackman, he was driving about 70 mph and this thing was keeping pace, it also tried to open the door and stick its head thru the open window, he said he could hear its claws clicking the pavement as it ran, he said it was growling and roaring as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal