Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 10:53 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Ive been doing some reading on these things, just curious what everyone thinks about them?

From what Ive read, this ONLY impacts Native Americans, Ive not seen any accounts from non-Native Americans, but there plenty among the NAs, many will not even talk about them or say the name, (their actual Indian name is Yen al dooshi)(something like that).

They are said to be 'Medicine Men' who decided to take the dark path, they can wear the skins of animals and appear as those animals as well, its said they most often take the form of a 4-5ft tall shaggy, foul smelling 'hairy thing, (like a small Bigfoot I guess), but has a human face, they also take the form a large bipedal coyote too.

Many people report them running alongside their cars (on Reservation territory), those people claim they looked like large coyotes running on their hind legs, (at speeds of 50-75mph), many of them said, they would look over to see the large coyote running, blink and it would be a native american man running, blink again, and it was the large coyote.

**I dated a girl when I was around 18/19 yrs old, she was from AZ, but her dad had taken a job here in KY, that is how I met her, eventually they moved back to Sedona, AZ, I had planned to come out and get an apt there later on, as I was going to move there with her, (however I started seeing another girl shortly after and I never moved, she HATED me after that, I do admit, I treated her wrong and regret that today), but thats another story!

I knew some of her friends here in KY and they would always let me know how she was doing, a couple years after all this, she got married to a guy and they had a kid, and her friends told me she had a major pill addiction, and was not doing very well, she was a white girl, (no native american at all in her), but she was a 'free spirit' so to speak, she was into new age stuff, healing, crystals, etc, she went to a Medicine man in Sedona to get help with her pill problem, and from what I heard, she was doing better for awhile...but it was not long after that she died, (it was not a drug overdose, she was in her early 30s), strange thing is, a couple years after her death, her dad also died (heart related), he was in his early 50s, and just last year, her kid died, ( I believe she was close to 12yrs old).

I thought that was pretty strange, her mother had died when she was very young, so it was just her and her dad, and eventually her kid...and after she went to the medicine man....years later, they are ALL dead!! Im not saying its related, but it is odd imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2020, 03:31 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
So what are you saying? You knew a girl, that had a pill problem, that went to a medicine man, that might have been doing better for a while, but you weren't talking since you gave her up for another girl, and that all means what?

As far as 'skinwalkers' lets see some sources. Your are not even giving us stories; just third hand information about how all 'Native Americans' think? I doubt it. Different tribes had different beliefs; just like the other races. We all had stories; but that did not make them true.

Old 03-12-2020, 05:58 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
I offer the same response as I did to the werewolf. Changing it around to include only native Americans doesn't make it any more real than a werewolf.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
So what are you saying? You knew a girl, that had a pill problem, that went to a medicine man, that might have been doing better for a while, but you weren't talking since you gave her up for another girl, and that all means what?

As far as 'skinwalkers' lets see some sources. Your are not even giving us stories; just third hand information about how all 'Native Americans' think? I doubt it. Different tribes had different beliefs; just like the other races. We all had stories; but that did not make them true.
How much proof do you want? In this case, there is PLENTY, aka Skinwalker Ranch, scientists and investigators lived on site in the days NIDS owned it, MANY things were documented and photographed on that property, including Skinwalkers themselves...have you ever seen the catalog of pictures from that place?

Here you go...
http://www.skinwalkerranch.org/

Last edited by rstevens62; 03-12-2020 at 09:46 PM..

Old 03-12-2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How much proof do you want? In this case, there is PLENTY, aka Skinwalker Ranch, scientists and investigators lived on site in the days NIDS owned it, MANY things were documented and photographed on that property, including Skinwalkers themselves...have you ever seen the catalog of pictures from that place?

Here you go...
SKINWALKER RANCH .
The man that shot my sister's husband pleaded an insanity plea. He claimed he could smell sewage in his house from the next-door neighbors. But there were no problems next door. He ripped apart his walls checking for sewage. He even started sleeping in a tent because he felt too contaminated in his house. He bought a gun and took it out on my BIL that was the sewage inspector. After shooting him he claimed he did not know what he was doing.

As far as the stories of the past owner and towels disappearing, or a post hole digger, or whatever; people do forget what they do. You combine forgetfulness and paranoia and some believe in the paranormal. Regardless if Mr Bigelow funded the MUFON research; there was still politics involved in that whole mess. I hate evidence that is presented with flashing lights, lots of color to get our attention, and presenters that talk forever and do not give verifiable facts. It might make a great book and TV; but it is a long ways away from scientific research!

Old 03-13-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
The man that shot my sister's husband pleaded an insanity plea. He claimed he could smell sewage in his house from the next-door neighbors. But there were no problems next door. He ripped apart his walls checking for sewage. He even started sleeping in a tent because he felt too contaminated in his house. He bought a gun and took it out on my BIL that was the sewage inspector. After shooting him he claimed he did not know what he was doing.

As far as the stories of the past owner and towels disappearing, or a post hole digger, or whatever; people do forget what they do. You combine forgetfulness and paranoia and some believe in the paranormal. Regardless if Mr Bigelow funded the MUFON research; there was still politics involved in that whole mess. I hate evidence that is presented with flashing lights, lots of color to get our attention, and presenters that talk forever and do not give verifiable facts. It might make a great book and TV; but it is a long ways away from scientific research!
Politics aside, there has been and continues to be a lot of strange activity in that whole area (not just the ranch property).

'Flashing lights' was just one thing they saw and experienced there, did you see the list of 'entities' or the newspaper articles from BEFORE this ranch was associated with Bigelow?

Its funny when people try to claim the owners were making stuff up (for profit sake), when the owners sold the place to Bigelow for $200K! (thats pretty cheap for a 400 acre ranch).

Old 03-13-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Politics aside, there has been and continues to be a lot of strange activity in that whole area (not just the ranch property).

'Flashing lights' was just one thing they saw and experienced there, did you see the list of 'entities' or the newspaper articles from BEFORE this ranch was associated with Bigelow?

Its funny when people try to claim the owners were making stuff up (for profit sake), when the owners sold the place to Bigelow for $200K! (thats pretty cheap for a 400 acre ranch).
It all depends on the time and the price of surrounding real estate. My grandparents bought 88 acres in 1950 for $3,000. Today there is a Target, Home Depot and other stores right across the street. You cannot buy one acre for what they paid for the 88 acres back then. You would have to know what the surrounding property was selling for to know whether or not he got a 'buy'?

There are so many things that can cause flashing lights or possible entities. We need to focus on one at a time and the supportive evidence. Otherwise all we have are more stories.

Old 03-13-2020, 08:49 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Skinwalkers are an interesting case.

Historically, most cultures who had a healthy respect for wolves, bears, foxes, leopards, etc. (predators) tended to see shapeshifters has admirable or even holy. Whereas cultures who didn't like predators (mostly agricultural or herding cultures) tended to see shapeshifters as evil and wicked.

Which is why the Skinwalkers are so interesting, because Navajo culture tended to have a respect and admiration for wolves, bears, coyotes, and other predators. In their myths, coyote is often a trickster, but he is seldom outright evil. Yet Navajo skinwalkers are almost associated with witchcraft, wickedness, and evil.

Fascinating stuff!

Old 03-13-2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
It all depends on the time and the price of surrounding real estate. My grandparents bought 88 acres in 1950 for $3,000. Today there is a Target, Home Depot and other stores right across the street. You cannot buy one acre for what they paid for the 88 acres back then. You would have to know what the surrounding property was selling for to know whether or not he got a 'buy'?

There are so many things that can cause flashing lights or possible entities. We need to focus on one at a time and the supportive evidence. Otherwise all we have are more stories.
These are NOT just stories, there were scientists and investigators LIVING at the ranch, they are the ones who documented all this stuff.

The consensus among them when the project ended, was that some kind of 'dimensional portal' was the source of all the strange things, creatures, UFO, skinwalkers, it all came and went thru this portal.

One thing I found very interesting, was one of the investigator communicated with one of these entities and asked it why the ranch is so 'active', and she said it responded by saying something along the lines of, "We are doing the same thing you are, but on the opposite end", Ive thought about that statement a few times, and my take on it is, whatever these things are, they are in their own dimension and Im assuming this property (on their dimension, is also a hot spot), but its us that are the strange beings), and maybe they are investigating, just like we are.

It made me wonder, looking at this ranch from their dimension, what does it look like, when human people, dogs, cats, cows, etc are on the property? Are they seeing US as 'strange ghostly entities', just because we are in another dimension, or..? Strange way to think about it, but thats my take on this.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Skinwalkers are an interesting case.

Historically, most cultures who had a healthy respect for wolves, bears, foxes, leopards, etc. (predators) tended to see shapeshifters has admirable or even holy. Whereas cultures who didn't like predators (mostly agricultural or herding cultures) tended to see shapeshifters as evil and wicked.

Which is why the Skinwalkers are so interesting, because Navajo culture tended to have a respect and admiration for wolves, bears, coyotes, and other predators. In their myths, coyote is often a trickster, but he is seldom outright evil. Yet Navajo skinwalkers are almost associated with witchcraft, wickedness, and evil.

Fascinating stuff!
I dont think they view the animal itself to be evil, the skinwalker is just using the skins of animals to shapeshift into that form, so he can use their strengths.

Plus, they say, when skinwalkers are in these animal forms, they dont look exactly like the animal, most of the time, they are deformed, appear injured, missing a leg, ear, etc, Ive read many people say the skinwalkers body looks like a coyote or wolf, but the face is human, and vice versa, the body will appear human (dressed in traditional native american clothing btw), but the head is animal.

I guess skinwalkers can mix it up however they like, I have read their ultimate goal is to feed off your fear, so anything that promotes fear, they will employ it.

I agree that its fascinating, Im trying to find older books or information on them, (non fiction), but its tough to find much, because native americans do not like to even mention the name or talk about them, its a real fear for them.

Although I still have questions about them, I can definitely understand if its a type of native american black magic they are using to shapeshift...but just like with the werewolf...where does the 'animal mass' come from, (the claws, the hair, the snout, tail, etc), these skinwalkers are real human beings, they are not ghosts or spirits, so 'nature' plays some part in this.

Im wondering if there are any native americans on CD, that wouldnt mind talking about this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal