Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2022, 05:35 AM

17,416 posts, read 11,412,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
I agree, for someone like Goodall to chime in like that is amazing. Kudos for her to step up to the plate and having an open mind.

As for the link between BF and aliens, etc. That is relatively new to me (the last few yrs). I mean I guess it's possible?

For me I lean more towards a multidimensional being.

Heck for all we know we are all living in a complex experiment / matrix and eventually it will end :P

Maybe when we die, God will show us the answer and we will all say "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw okay I see".
For me, trying to link Bigfoot to aliens and "other dimensions" is obviously a very desperate attempt to explain why no positive scientific proof of Bigfoot has ever been found and probably never will be found. It's a failure to accept the fact that at this point, finding a Bigfoot is virtually zero.
I don't buy it at all. Bigfoot is either a real flesh and blood animal/human of some type or it's not there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 08:32 AM

1,183 posts, read 661,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
For me, trying to link Bigfoot to aliens and "other dimensions" is obviously a very desperate attempt to explain why no positive scientific proof of Bigfoot has ever been found and probably never will be found. It's a failure to accept the fact that at this point, finding a Bigfoot is virtually zero.
I don't buy it at all. Bigfoot is either a real flesh and blood animal/human of some type or it's not there.
I'm curious, do you believe in ghosts, aliens or anything "paranormal"?

I don't think life is black or white, there are a lot of gray areas that we just don't understand because it's not obvious.

This also makes life a lot more interesting I think. Something to research, think about, debate, etc.

Science told us that the Coelacanth was extinct, until they caught one 2,300 feet down in the ocean

Old 05-28-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
I'm curious, do you believe in ghosts, aliens or anything "paranormal"?

I don't think life is black or white, there are a lot of gray areas that we just don't understand because it's not obvious.

This also makes life a lot more interesting I think. Something to research, think about, debate, etc.

Science told us that the Coelacanth was extinct, until they caught one 2,300 feet down in the ocean
There is a huge difference in finding a rare fish 2,300 feet down in the ocean, and finding a 7'-8' mammal that looks and acts like an ape or another type of human. There is no comparison in the two things or how difficult one should be to find compared to the other.

I'm open to believing some supernatural things such as ghosts and aliens, but trying to link what everyone until recently believed to be a living, breathing, large mammal living mostly in the forests of the NW to a supernatural phenomenon is beyond what I'm willing to accept as a possibility.
To me, Bigfoot is real and alive and living in remote areas or it doesn't exist. No fantasy is needed for excuses as to why it can't be found and documented.

Old 05-28-2022, 12:55 PM

2,458 posts, read 1,723,740 times
Quote:
There is a huge difference in finding a rare fish 2,300 feet down in the ocean, and finding a 7'-8' mammal that looks and acts like an ape or another type of human. There is no comparison in the two things or how difficult one should be to find compared to the other.

I'm open to believing some supernatural things such as ghosts and aliens, but trying to link what everyone until recently believed to be a living, breathing, large mammal living mostly in the forests of the NW to a supernatural phenomenon is beyond what I'm willing to accept as a possibility.
To me, Bigfoot is real and alive and living in remote areas or it doesn't exist. No fantasy is needed for excuses as to why it can't be found and documented.
The thing is, all they have is excuses, one after another. Ask about psychics, all you get is excuses on why they can't do something. Ask about cryptids, all you getis excuses on why there is no proof. Ask about aliens, all you get is excuses on why everyone doesn't believe in them. How many years of excuses does it take?

Old 05-28-2022, 02:51 PM

1,213 posts, read 573,253 times
This show is off the charts absurdly ridiculous.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:09 PM

7,031 posts, read 6,957,721 times
Science needs to explain what people are seeing and it needs to do a proper investigation. Without that the skeptics are blowing hot air. Saying something does not exist, in the face of many many pieces of witness testimony and physical evidence is not scientific at all - it is just ...hot air.

Old 05-29-2022, 05:58 AM

1,183 posts, read 661,224 times
Well stated ocpaul20.

The fact is that the hard skeptics and believers will never agree... let's agree on that.

Some people need evidence to drop in their laps to have them believe, but life just doesn't work that way for everything.

At least admit that some of the sightings (even if it's 1%) are legitimate and not explainable means that some real phenomenon is occuring.

I hate that shows like this are so scripted and easily ridiculed that it encourages ppl to denounce everything BF related.

Old 05-29-2022, 09:37 AM

5,705 posts, read 5,971,514 times
A skeptic wouldnt believe if you threw a dead body on their front porch, plain and simple.

As for the show, some things I think may be legit, but most of it I dont buy. Its turning into another Finding Bigfoot.

Old 05-29-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
A skeptic wouldnt believe if you threw a dead body on their front porch, plain and simple.

As for the show, some things I think may be legit, but most of it I dont buy. Its turning into another Finding Bigfoot.
Not true. A skeptic is someone who has many doubts and finds something highly unlikely, not someone who would deny scientific facts when they are presented as proof.

I'm a skeptic regarding Bigfoot. I honestly believe if it existed, it would have been found by now. Yet I hold a tiny amount of hope it exists. Show me proof, not stories or videos that could have been faked and I'll celebrate.

Old 05-29-2022, 03:16 PM

5,705 posts, read 5,971,514 times
Quote:
Not true. A skeptic is someone who has many doubts and finds something highly unlikely, not someone who would deny scientific facts when they are presented as proof.

I'm a skeptic regarding Bigfoot. I honestly believe if it existed, it would have been found by now. Yet I hold a tiny amount of hope it exists. Show me proof, not stories or videos that could have been faked and I'll celebrate.
As I have said before on here, I cant prove anything, nor will I try to. I believe I saw one, and dont need someone to tell me I didnt. Hell, Ive even been told I didnt know what I was talking about because I questioned some pictures once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal