Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-03-2022, 04:44 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,774 posts, read 18,299,140 times
Reputation: 14787

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
There is evidence that suggests that
a) Bigfoot has a language => not any animal since we have not decoded animal language and they do not have voiceboxes
b) leaves/exchanges gifts => no animal does this regularly and with purpose
c) often movement is heard nearby, nothing is seen
d) claimed appearance/disappearance
e) claimed light anomalies where bigfoot has just been
f) wood knocks => no animals do this
g) stone throwing with accurate direction. Chimps do throw stones and sticks but not with intent and accuracy.
h) walk on 2 legs MOST of the time.
i) no known vocalization by another animal matches what people are recording.
j) whistles => no animal does this at night.

There are some characteristics which cannot be explained as some other animal such as bear, mountain lion, elk, etc
In order to explain this phenomena, we have to find a solution which fits the descriptions we have been seeing from witnesses. Currently, nothing fits so folks are using the catchall of aliens or some paranormal aspect to it.
We know that a human can do your letters a thru j. If not by themselves, then with help of others or electronics. We have zero proof of any unknown creature doing any of the traits you describe as bigfoot traits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2022, 10:06 PM
 
28,122 posts, read 12,744,860 times
Reputation: 15343
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
We know that a human can do your letters a thru j. If not by themselves, then with help of others or electronics. We have zero proof of any unknown creature doing any of the traits you describe as bigfoot traits.
Do you remember that one guy that has all those recordings of what he says, are sasquatch vocalizing? (it sounds like chinese spoken really fast and guttural)?


I cannot recall the guys name, but he has a website and he sells these recordings, but the site does give you a couple free samples. I think Ive done a thread on this at one time.


I bring this up, just wondering if there is a way to determine if those recordings are the real deal, or just something he made up, seems like with a digital sound analyzer, I wonder what the results of those vocalizations would turn up?


Perhaps run thru a sound analyzer, it would come back as 'unknown' or not human?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2022, 03:54 AM
 
Location: PRC
7,073 posts, read 6,988,572 times
Reputation: 6654
Ron Moorhead I think. The Sierra Sounds recordings. Bigfoot vocalizing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2022, 06:12 AM
 
1,209 posts, read 677,103 times
Reputation: 3864
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Do you remember that one guy that has all those recordings of what he says, are sasquatch vocalizing? (it sounds like chinese spoken really fast and guttural)?


I cannot recall the guys name, but he has a website and he sells these recordings, but the site does give you a couple free samples. I think Ive done a thread on this at one time.


I bring this up, just wondering if there is a way to determine if those recordings are the real deal, or just something he made up, seems like with a digital sound analyzer, I wonder what the results of those vocalizations would turn up?


Perhaps run thru a sound analyzer, it would come back as 'unknown' or not human?
I heard the Sierra sounds, I have to admit it was a bit hair raising.

But you say that he is actually selling it? Jeez, that sounds a tad fishy. Ample motive to fake the sound if it's for $$$.

The thing is that there are a lot fewer convincing BF "sound bites" vs videos. I like the sound ones because it's another facet to add to the depths of possible evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2022, 10:36 PM
 
28,122 posts, read 12,744,860 times
Reputation: 15343
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
I heard the Sierra sounds, I have to admit it was a bit hair raising.

But you say that he is actually selling it? Jeez, that sounds a tad fishy. Ample motive to fake the sound if it's for $$$.

The thing is that there are a lot fewer convincing BF "sound bites" vs videos. I like the sound ones because it's another facet to add to the depths of possible evidence.
I jut tried to find the website on Google, but no luck, however I did find his book on Amazon, (currently out of stock), and interestingly, it says his recordings are the only such recordings that have been scientifically analyzed and verified as genuine.


I will have to dig a little deeper into this, find out who exactly did the analyzing and verifying, (that would be significant if its true and it came from an accredited organization)...


It looks like the old website he had is gone now, it doesnt look he sells the recordings anymore, which is a bit odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2022, 04:39 AM
 
Location: Outskirts of Gray Court, and love it!
5,721 posts, read 6,001,839 times
Reputation: 5862
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I jut tried to find the website on Google, but no luck, however I did find his book on Amazon, (currently out of stock), and interestingly, it says his recordings are the only such recordings that have been scientifically analyzed and verified as genuine.


I will have to dig a little deeper into this, find out who exactly did the analyzing and verifying, (that would be significant if its true and it came from an accredited organization)...


It looks like the old website he had is gone now, it doesnt look he sells the recordings anymore, which is a bit odd.


https://ronmorehead.com/product-cate...igfoot-sounds/


There was also a guy on YouTube who had a series of similar sounds he recorded while camping. These took place over several years. He also included quite a few pics of footprints and handprints and had had some urine and scat tested himself, but his site was shut down before he could reveal what it was from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2022, 06:20 AM
 
Location: PRC
7,073 posts, read 6,988,572 times
Reputation: 6654
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
https://ronmorehead.com/product-cate...igfoot-sounds/


There was also a guy on YouTube who had a series of similar sounds he recorded while camping. These took place over several years. He also included quite a few pics of footprints and handprints and had had some urine and scat tested himself, but his site was shut down before he could reveal what it was from.
Why should the website be closed down?

Professor Jeff Meldrum is, as far as I know, the most well-known scientist investigating these reports - certainly as far as bipedalism is concerned. He has a large collection of photographs, plaster casts of feet and a hand too I believe. However, he is only one person and is probably already stretching his credibility by being interested in Bigfoot.

Dr. Jeff Meldrum is a professor of anatomy and anthropology. He works at Idaho State University teaching classes like human anatomy and evolution. His special emphasis is on the study of bipedalism, the evolution of walking on two legs. Animals that are bipedal include great apes, humans and an as yet unconfirmed species, bigfoot.

Scientists have a pretty good database of animal sounds which they can attempt to match with unknown sounds of animal calls. However, a database like this is only as good as the identified animal sound within it. If science does not yet recognize the Bigfoot then its calls are unlikely to be in there to be matched against. The same with DNA testing - if the database does not have Bigfoot DNA then they are never, ever going to find a match to Bigfoot, are they.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2022, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Outskirts of Gray Court, and love it!
5,721 posts, read 6,001,839 times
Reputation: 5862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Why should the website be closed down?

Professor Jeff Meldrum is, as far as I know, the most well-known scientist investigating these reports - certainly as far as bipedalism is concerned. He has a large collection of photographs, plaster casts of feet and a hand too I believe. However, he is only one person and is probably already stretching his credibility by being interested in Bigfoot.

Dr. Jeff Meldrum is a professor of anatomy and anthropology. He works at Idaho State University teaching classes like human anatomy and evolution. His special emphasis is on the study of bipedalism, the evolution of walking on two legs. Animals that are bipedal include great apes, humans and an as yet unconfirmed species, bigfoot.

Scientists have a pretty good database of animal sounds which they can attempt to match with unknown sounds of animal calls. However, a database like this is only as good as the identified animal sound within it. If science does not yet recognize the Bigfoot then its calls are unlikely to be in there to be matched against. The same with DNA testing - if the database does not have Bigfoot DNA then they are never, ever going to find a match to Bigfoot, are they.
He is in fact one of the very few I actually respect for his work. But as usual, these threads have gone off topic, so Ill say no more other than on topic discussion of EB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2022, 09:35 PM
 
28,122 posts, read 12,744,860 times
Reputation: 15343
Looks like we may need a new Bigfoot thread!!



If Moreheads recordings have been verified genuine, that probably should have a dedicated thread.


Ive listened to a few samples of his recordings and it sounds like asian-chatter, but like I said before, analyzing them digitally would tell you if a human made those noises or not, Im assuming that is what they did to verify the sounds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2022, 03:50 PM
KCZ
 
4,699 posts, read 3,746,878 times
Reputation: 13352
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
He is in fact one of the very few I actually respect for his work. But as usual, these threads have gone off topic, so Ill say no more other than on topic discussion of EB.

Mireya Mayor also has some impressive credentials. She's a primatologist, Fulbright Scholar, PhD in anthropology, former National Geographic correspondent, college administrator, done field research in both the Amazon and Africa, and discoverer of a new lemur species in Madagascar. She's just not taken seriously because she's a blonde ex-NFL cheerleader. She apparently ended up on EB because her husband is a television producer for the Travel Channel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top