Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2022, 06:33 AM

5,724 posts, read 6,022,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So, last time it was meditation, this time they brought in a remote viewer to do his stuff. Not terribly successful and yet, maybe this is the object - to discredit the scientist and reduce the show to complete entertainment only. If the government is interested enough to buy up adjacent forest with bigfoot nests in it, then it makes sense for them to want any show which looks like discovering too much evidence to be discredited or reduced to fluff.

Shame on them. All the evidence which they could be getting is now ignored. I honestly think some/most of it is real but then ... I am a believer so call me gullible.
I agree. They started that with Ronnie when he wanted to meditate. His constant outrageous claims are some of the reasons that people shun believers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2022, 12:01 PM

18,776 posts, read 18,330,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Not true. Expeditions to the Amazon, Indonesia, Africa, etc. discover new species on a regular basis, as do deep sea expeditions. And none of those creatures have ever even been in the vicinity of a cellphone, let alone had their pictures taken by one, until a bunch of researchers went looking for them with legit camera equipment, no less. We didn't discover Homo floresiensis, a species that's existed for more than 100,000 years, until <20 years ago.

Personally, I'm skeptical that Bigfoot exists, but I'm not going to discount the possibility just because there aren't any cellphone photos of one on Twitter.
OK, so there are still some remote places, but most of America is not that remote. I am aware of the Southern swamps. the Rocky Mountains, and the Alaskan wilderness. But many of the sightings are close to highly populated areas that have been explored many times over. Take the Erlanger werewolf case, that whole area is pretty densely populated with not too many hiding places. We also have thousands of small planes that crisscross our Country in the winter when the leaves are off the trees and snow covers the ground. Those small planes can fly as low as 500 feet and, at that altitude, you can spot something unusual pretty easily.

There are not too many places to hide large cryptids.

Old 06-18-2022, 02:47 PM
KCZ

4,701 posts, read 3,761,620 times
Of course sightings are going to be close to populated areas, because that's where all the "sighters" are. I wouldn't expect a plethora of sightings in northernmost Ontario, because there's barely anyone up there to see anything.

Old 06-18-2022, 10:05 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,778,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
OK, so there are still some remote places, but most of America is not that remote. I am aware of the Southern swamps. the Rocky Mountains, and the Alaskan wilderness. But many of the sightings are close to highly populated areas that have been explored many times over. Take the Erlanger werewolf case, that whole area is pretty densely populated with not too many hiding places. We also have thousands of small planes that crisscross our Country in the winter when the leaves are off the trees and snow covers the ground. Those small planes can fly as low as 500 feet and, at that altitude, you can spot something unusual pretty easily.

There are not too many places to hide large cryptids.
Many witnesses have described Sasquatch as "walking tree trunks", in other words, if they stand still, its tough to spot one, (because they blend in so well with the terrain), thats kind of why Gillie suits look the way they do. LOL a person wearing a ghillie suit sort of looks sasquatch-like.

Point being, if a witness has trouble ID'ing a sasquatch on the ground, what are the chances a low flying plane would be able to spot one? If its in the fall or winter, FORGET ABOUT IT, the dirty matted sasquatch would disappear into the forest from any direction.

***of course, not all witnesses describe sasquatch this way, many have said they look well groomed,and even some that say their hair/fur looks silky smooth. All kinds of variations basically. Who knows, maybe they are just like us? Plenty of dirty unkept people out walking around, and lots of well groomed people too!

Old 06-18-2022, 10:10 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,778,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Of course sightings are going to be close to populated areas, because that's where all the "sighters" are. I wouldn't expect a plethora of sightings in northernmost Ontario, because there's barely anyone up there to see anything.
But in some cases, when humans do go to those extremely remote areas...sometimes they see sasquatch. (not everyone of course, but some have).

I still say a thermal scanner (with a very wide range) is the best way to locate these things, some of the better quality ones make it easy to see what you are looking at. Hopefully they will come down in price in the near future.

Old 06-19-2022, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Many witnesses have described Sasquatch as "walking tree trunks", in other words, if they stand still, its tough to spot one, (because they blend in so well with the terrain), thats kind of why Gillie suits look the way they do. LOL a person wearing a ghillie suit sort of looks sasquatch-like.
And how many quality pictures do we have of wild animals that blend into the background? and how do you know that the Bigfoot isn't a man in a Gillie suit, you guys never collect hair!

Quote:
Point being, if a witness has trouble ID'ing a sasquatch on the ground, what are the chances a low flying plane would be able to spot one? If its in the fall or winter, FORGET ABOUT IT, the dirty matted sasquatch would disappear into the forest from any direction.
It is easy to spot animals in the winter in our deciduous forests, especially with snow on the ground. Did you ever take that small plane ride I tried to talk you into taking? A "dirty matted sasquatch" would stick out like a sore thumb.

Quote:
***of course, not all witnesses describe sasquatch this way, many have said they look well groomed,and even some that say their hair/fur looks silky smooth. All kinds of variations basically. Who knows, maybe they are just like us? Plenty of dirty unkept people out walking around, and lots of well groomed people too!
The well-groomed ones are already on TV and they are not shy of cameras.

Old 06-19-2022, 05:40 AM

1,217 posts, read 688,751 times
Quote:

Of all the videos and talk about BF's, a lot of them hide behind trees and stay stock still. Granted a lot of videos are questionable... so blurry that it can be just damn shadows, but some are clear enough that you know it's some living creature.

Oftentimes they know that people are around and literally don't move and only when they shift a bit that you realize it's not just a shadow.

And I agree, in many of the videos you know it's not a bear. The shoulders, the way it stays upright with no problems. If it's not a bear, then what is it? Maybe some dude in a hairy suit trying to scare ppl? How common would that be? And probably pretty dumb because somebody may just shoot you to capture the elusive BF and make tons of $$$.

BTW, would it be illegal to kill a BF for no reason (ie: not in self defense)?

Old 06-19-2022, 11:22 AM
KCZ

4,701 posts, read 3,761,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
...BTW, would it be illegal to kill a BF for no reason (ie: not in self defense)?

I believe in some places they are protected, and in other places they're not. It depends on state and local laws. It's legal to kill one in Texas, illegal in CA/OR/WA, and AFAIK none of the New England states have addressed this.

Old 06-19-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
BTW, would it be illegal to kill a BF for no reason (ie: not in self defense)?
Nobody has ever been killed by an imaginary animal. Imaginary animals don't eat! That does not mean that somebody did not die trying to run away from what they perceived as a real animal.

Just think of the investigation that starts if we find a mutilated corpus. Everything gets tested and the surrounding area is carefully studied. Yet no wolfman or Bigfoot has ever been named as a primary culprit.

Old 06-19-2022, 02:21 PM

7,628 posts, read 6,164,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Nobody has ever been killed by an imaginary animal. Imaginary animals don't eat! That does not mean that somebody did not die trying to run away from what they perceived as a real animal.

Just think of the investigation that starts if we find a mutilated corpus. Everything gets tested and the surrounding area is carefully studied. Yet no wolfman or Bigfoot has ever been named as a primary culprit.

Which is what I have said all along. Some people, those without college education , or religious thinking, or whatever, have mistakenly thought that my fascination with Monsters, especially bigfoot, means that I think that they exist.
this is simply not true.
I have always maintained bigfoot to be a fictional construct of socio-cultural myths. Kind of like Deities. Not real, but fascinating and entertaining, especially in the social fascination with them.

I had to quit watching long ago. Apparently, Mireya Mayor had her lips injected and the result is that she looks more ape like than before. And get this, she used to be an NFL Cheerleader for.....who else...MY FINZ ! We won't even go there.

I was actually making fun of things on this show before I realized that others were as well I lost all interest in the show It is not as bad as Mountain Monsters or Alaskan Monsters, made by the same producers and writers. But, Seeking the existence of a mythical being is a little less interesting than perhaps a round table discussion of a societies perception and fascination with the said creature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal