Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2022, 06:18 PM

7,620 posts, read 6,136,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Basically, who cares if there is not enough proof for them, they are not even credentialed scientists. If they were, they would probably not be here posting on this forum.
How about ANY proof? there has yet to be even that.

If you have some proof, let's see it.

Because I have only seen obvious hoaxes, pranks, inconclusive DNA and grainy photos....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 08:05 PM

1,213 posts, read 573,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
The post in question accused her of having her lips injected (which she's denied) and belittled her for being an NFL cheerleader (she was putting herself through college), so I'd say it has a lot to do with being a woman. Please don't tell me what I know.

Russell is apparently an experienced outdoorsman but I think his limited scientific background is a detriment to the show.

Whether the show is a train wreck or not doesn't justify the misogynistic comments that are rife on City Data.
It’s a physical observation. Like having a beer gut or being bald. She pumps her lips full of chemicals. Men do Botox too. But don’t say anything bad about her because she’s a girl but the other 3 clowns are fair game because they’re dudes. Whatevs…either way, show sucks. At least the Finding Bigfoot characters had personality. These 4 are boring stiffs.

Old 06-20-2022, 09:57 PM
KCZ

4,698 posts, read 3,729,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
It’s a physical observation. Like having a beer gut or being bald. She pumps her lips full of chemicals. Men do Botox too. But don’t say anything bad about her because she’s a girl but the other 3 clowns are fair game because they’re dudes. Whatevs…either way, show sucks. At least the Finding Bigfoot characters had personality. These 4 are boring stiffs.

What does a physical observation (or being a cheerleader 30 years ago) have to do with a scientist trying to find evidence of Bigfoot? Do you think she's planning to kiss BF? Or are you just throwing irrelevant insults at a female scientist? Where did you get your PhD in anthropology?

Old 06-20-2022, 10:25 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,720,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
Of all the videos and talk about BF's, a lot of them hide behind trees and stay stock still. Granted a lot of videos are questionable... so blurry that it can be just damn shadows, but some are clear enough that you know it's some living creature.

Oftentimes they know that people are around and literally don't move and only when they shift a bit that you realize it's not just a shadow.

And I agree, in many of the videos you know it's not a bear. The shoulders, the way it stays upright with no problems. If it's not a bear, then what is it? Maybe some dude in a hairy suit trying to scare ppl? How common would that be? And probably pretty dumb because somebody may just shoot you to capture the elusive BF and make tons of $$$.

BTW, would it be illegal to kill a BF for no reason (ie: not in self defense)?
They seem more scared of humans, than we are of them, they also like to throw rocks at people, (while staying hidden of course), No one really knows the truth, we are all just guessing, but I will say, if some people are out there, trying to scare people, or dressing up to look like Sasquatches, that is damn risky behavior, especially knowing hunters usually have guns on them. I get that some people like to intentionally scare other people, but this kind of behavior would be off the charts crazy.

This gets boring for me after awhile, I like reading the sightings, but they are so similar, and yet we get nowhere year after year. I personally drive thru areas that have had sightings and would be perfect areas for one to live, but I continue to see NOTHING. I was out in southeastern IN a few days ago, on a narrow country rd flanked by thick forest, no other cars on the road with me, it was peaceful and beautiful, and the whole time, Im thinking a sasquatch is going to run out in front of my car any minute, but it never happened. My luck I guess. At this point, Id be happy to just get some idiot trying to trick people! LOL

Just kidding, I would not like that.

Old 06-21-2022, 12:29 AM

7,037 posts, read 6,963,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
These are just excuses to justify the comment. It has nothing to do with anything. Unfortunately, it is a mans world where women DO have to try harder than men do to be in the same position or career. Thats not favoring women, it is acknowledging the world we live in - or at least the culture.

If you dont like the boring stiffs, then why bother to watch it. If you enjoy watching the boring stiffs on a show which sucks, then obviously it is good enough to make you want to watch it. Again, you are excusing your behaviour of watching it and looking for petty like-minded approval from peers. No better than what bullies in the schoolyard do.

Old 03-06-2023, 12:12 AM

Will there be another series of Expedition Bigfoot for 2023 ? Anyone heard ?

Old 03-06-2023, 01:51 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,858 posts, read 58,479,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
Of all the videos and talk about BF's, a lot of them hide behind trees and stay stock still. ...

BTW, would it be illegal to kill a BF for no reason (ie: not in self defense)?
late to the party... but
It is illegal here: Skamania and Whatcom counties WA.

In 1969, Skamania County became the first county to pass a law protecting “Sasquatch or other undiscovered subspecies” from being killed or harmed by hunters or trappers under the ordinance 1969-01

Later in 1991, Whatcom County followed suit with resolution no. 92 -043, declaring that Sasquatch is a protected species on their 2500 square miles of land.

Skamania County's ordinance will cost a person found guilty of killing or harming Sasquatch would be subject to a fine of up to $1,000 and/or six months in jail.

Read More: Bigfoot Is Legally Protected in These 2 Washington State Counties | https://keyw.com/bigfoot-is-legally-...edium=referral
https://keyw.com/bigfoot-is-legally-...tate-counties/

Old 03-06-2023, 07:01 AM

Since it is likely that Bigfoot - if it exists - is a human relative rather than an animal (ape, chimp, gorilla, etc) I think it should be murder rather than just a fine and a small jail sentence. It would be similar to killing a member of an undiscovered Amazon tribe if it was living in the local forest area. From the reports, they are obviously highly intelligent and possibly communicate with a language like humans do.

Old 03-06-2023, 09:43 AM

2,458 posts, read 1,725,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Will there be another series of Expedition Bigfoot for 2023 ? Anyone heard ?
Season 4 is supposed to air towards the end of this year or beginning of next year.

Old 03-07-2023, 05:11 AM

OK thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal