Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2023, 07:38 AM

5,707 posts, read 5,979,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I am not sure I am ready to accept the mothership connection yet, but there are certain very strange events which have supposedly happened across the series so far.

The shadow against the cliff of bigfoot walking in the light of their torch. This suggests an ability to be invisible (as unlikely as that seems)

The light orbs seen a few feet over the top of where bigfoot was standing.

The IR image of bigfoot just across the stream in the bushes but no visible image in white torch light.

Of course, this all assumes that these events are real rather than made-up by the film crew.

Whereas I think the film crew might add additional drama to existing events, I think most of the footage we see is probably about right. However, I am willing to admit, (as others have said) maybe I am just too gullible and want it to be true so much that I am willing to believe.

I think Dr. Mireya Mayor would probably not sell herself to be part of something which was a scientific farse.

Due to her past explorations and being associated with National Geographic I think she genuinely wants to find bigfoot out there and wants to track this cryptid down scientifically. Now, if she uses a TV programs money to help her do that, then maybe she collects evidence from interesting spots on the way and has it analysed.

From her point of view, it is probably a gamble which if it pays off, could shoot her career up higher as being the scientists who proved Bigfoot exists. As a spin off, maybe she can write papers on the findings too. That is nearly always good for a scientific career.
Im not 100% convinced that the shadow was actually a Bigfoot. I think it was either a cameraman in thw wong place, or either Ronnie or Mireyas shadow, or pareidolia. The concept of Bigfoot being alien and invisible is fairly new, and IMO, is rediculous, and like many doubters believe this is just an excuse for why no "scientific" evidence has been found. I said it before, give them a body and they will still doubt the existence. Like Ive also said, I do believe because of my experineces, but it didnt include UFOs. or portals!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2023, 09:09 AM

2,458 posts, read 1,726,358 times
Quote:
You can be just as gullible as I am. The truth is, neither of us know who is the gullible one, since neither of us know just how much of this TV program is fabricated and how much is not. So, it looks like we will never know. It doesn't help that you believe there is no Bigfoot and I believe there is one, so we start at opposite ends of the scale
We are all gullible in different areas. As for this silly completely fake TV show I do know it is fake. My cousins cousin is very long time friends with one of the Travel Channels biggest stars. He has in person in real life personally told me how fake all their silly reality shows are including the one he is on. Before you ask, no I will not tell you who it is.

For many years I did 100% believe in bigfoot. Then after growing up and having more real life experience I came to the conclusion right or wrong that bigfoot does not exist.

Old 03-16-2023, 04:45 PM

20,323 posts, read 21,125,642 times
Just like “ghost hunting” before it, looking for Bigfoot has jumped the shark as well.
It’s all garbage and nonsense now, strictly to make a buck.
I can’t watch any of these shows anymore.
It’s just one eye roll after another.

Old 03-20-2023, 08:14 PM

1,185 posts, read 664,874 times
A lot of these shows are custom made for the masses. I highly doubt that real BF seekers watch Expedition Bigfoot with any enthusiasm.

I loved the 1st 2 seasons. It was a bit more "realistic" and TBH new to me. Not a lot of BF shows back then. Then after a while it just got boring. The same old walking in a dark forest, hearing sounds, oh no something threw something at me... etc.

I wanted to believe that the disappearing "shadow" on the bank was real, or the other glimpses of evidence. But it just seems too Hollywood dramatic.

It's an insult to intelligence when so called evidence seems obviously manufactured to keep the show alive... dammit I hope they don't come back - I may be stupid enough to watch to see if they do something new :P

Old 03-20-2023, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
A lot of these shows are custom made for the masses. I highly doubt that real BF seekers watch Expedition Bigfoot with any enthusiasm.

I loved the 1st 2 seasons. It was a bit more "realistic" and TBH new to me. Not a lot of BF shows back then. Then after a while it just got boring. The same old walking in a dark forest, hearing sounds, oh no something threw something at me... etc.

I wanted to believe that the disappearing "shadow" on the bank was real, or the other glimpses of evidence. But it just seems too Hollywood dramatic.

It's an insult to intelligence when so called evidence seems obviously manufactured to keep the show alive... dammit I hope they don't come back - I may be stupid enough to watch to see if they do something new :P
There is nothing wrong with watching these type of shows. I will binge watch some of them from time to time and greatly enjoy them. Believing they are real is a whole different story.

Old 03-21-2023, 08:26 PM

7,043 posts, read 6,965,573 times
Just as a matter for discussion - I seem to remember Bryce was approached at a gas station by someone military claiming he was told by his superior that BF was real and to avoid them if encountered in training exercises.

Some of the witnesses interviewed by Bryce claim to have seen them as do people on this forum here. So, are we to disbelieve both these groups of witnesses? Just how far does being gullible go? If we listen to fisheye, EVERYONE lies and makes up stories. Presumably, so does he, otherwise why would he say that? Thinking that people are essentially honest seems to be the judge of gullibility.

Old 03-21-2023, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Just as a matter for discussion - I seem to remember Bryce was approached at a gas station by someone military claiming he was told by his superior that BF was real and to avoid them if encountered in training exercises.

Some of the witnesses interviewed by Bryce claim to have seen them as do people on this forum here. So, are we to disbelieve both these groups of witnesses? Just how far does being gullible go? If we listen to fisheye, EVERYONE lies and makes up stories. Presumably, so does he, otherwise why would he say that? Thinking that people are essentially honest seems to be the judge of gullibility.
Believing bigfoot is real and believing this TV show is real can be two entirely different things. Do you believe this show to be real?

Old 03-22-2023, 08:09 AM

20,323 posts, read 21,125,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Believing bigfoot is real and believing this TV show is real can be two entirely different things. Do you believe this show to be real?
Lol
This show is about as real as Operation Repo.
And that’s being generous.

Old 03-22-2023, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Lol
This show is about as real as Operation Repo.
And that’s being generous.
I agree but at least Operation Repo clearly posts at the beginning of every episode it is completely fake. They seriously need to do that with all their completely fake made up TV shows like Expedition Bigfoot.

Old 03-22-2023, 01:03 PM

1,185 posts, read 664,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Definitely agree w/ sam812.

The later seasons of EB just gets more Hollywood. With pretty ridiculous made up evidence to make the show more "interesting" and show that their investigation is bearing fruit.

The little clip where the "government dude" tells Bryce that BF is real, they seen them or that their superiors tell them that they exist and to leave them alone seems so preposterous. Another hey it's a "conspiracy" by the government to hide information nonsense.

If I was a diehard BF researcher, I would hate this show and how it just makes all BF believers look like imbeciles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal