U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-22-2020, 11:15 AM
 
14,997 posts, read 3,987,163 times
Reputation: 9598

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
They cannot run as fast as they can on four legs; but they still get around pretty good. That is especially true of bears that have major injuries to their front legs and are forced to use their hind legs. They have adapted to their handicap; just like humans do. I cannot find it right now; I did see one video of a bear moving pretty fast on two legs.

I did find one of two grizzlies that had a difference of opinion on a meal: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ilderness.html. What is interesting about looking at the pictures are their big feet! The article estimated their height around 8 foot tall. But the size of their feet could easily leave great Big Foot tracks; even without a latex slip-on!
Bears that have front leg injuries may adapt to walk full time on their hind legs, but like Ive said before, OTHER details reported do not match up with a 'bear on its hind legs, such as 'massive shoulders, long arms that reach the knee area, bears do not have big bushy tails either (in relation to Dogman sightings).


Plus, as far as Bigfoot sightings go (in relation to bears walking on hind legs), bears have very identifiable snouts, there is NO bear I am aware of that does not have a snout...what would you say about a person that saw a tall hairy thing with no snout of any kind? That could not be any type of bear.


Another detail is amount of hair...Ive read numerous bigfoot and even Dogmen sightings, where the witness claims it does not have all that much hair everywhere, in many Bigfoot sightings, they claim the hair is sparse in some areas. Every picture I have seen of almost every kind of bear, they are COVERED in thick hair everywhere.


(the exception would be bears with 'mange', but that is usually patchy hair loss, not uniform).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-22-2020, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,948 posts, read 12,735,952 times
Reputation: 11991
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Bears that have front leg injuries may adapt to walk full time on their hind legs, but like Ive said before, OTHER details reported do not match up with a 'bear on its hind legs, such as 'massive shoulders, long arms that reach the knee area, bears do not have big bushy tails either (in relation to Dogman sightings).


Plus, as far as Bigfoot sightings go (in relation to bears walking on hind legs), bears have very identifiable snouts, there is NO bear I am aware of that does not have a snout...what would you say about a person that saw a tall hairy thing with no snout of any kind? That could not be any type of bear.


Another detail is amount of hair...Ive read numerous bigfoot and even Dogmen sightings, where the witness claims it does not have all that much hair everywhere, in many Bigfoot sightings, they claim the hair is sparse in some areas. Every picture I have seen of almost every kind of bear, they are COVERED in thick hair everywhere.


(the exception would be bears with 'mange', but that is usually patchy hair loss, not uniform).
There are animals that have uniform hair lose like this picture: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/31/0a/0f/3...ss-animals.jpg.

As far as "OTHER" details; people do not always make great eye witnesses. We tend to fill in the blanks (never had a great look at what we were describing), exaggerate, lie, or are influenced by their surroundings. How many times have you read a report that starts off with something like "I think I saw" or ends up with 'I am pretty sure"?

Of course the bottom line is there is still not one bit of solid evidence to support your claims. We do know that bears exist; dead ones have been studied many times over. No one has ever studied one dead mythical Big Foot or Dogman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2020, 10:24 PM
 
14,997 posts, read 3,987,163 times
Reputation: 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There are animals that have uniform hair lose like this picture: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/31/0a/0f/3...ss-animals.jpg.

As far as "OTHER" details; people do not always make great eye witnesses. We tend to fill in the blanks (never had a great look at what we were describing), exaggerate, lie, or are influenced by their surroundings. How many times have you read a report that starts off with something like "I think I saw" or ends up with 'I am pretty sure"?

Of course the bottom line is there is still not one bit of solid evidence to support your claims. We do know that bears exist; dead ones have been studied many times over. No one has ever studied one dead mythical Big Foot or Dogman.
That picture still looks like a bear though, notice the big rear end, mid-section, there is no way of 'mis-identifying' those front legs as being human arms...if you saw that particular bear standing up on 2 legs, it would look strange, but it would still have the basic shape of a bear.


And really, if there are THAT many bears with this extreme cases of Mange (to account for all the mis-Ident)...we have a larger wildlife problem at hand!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2020, 05:55 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,948 posts, read 12,735,952 times
Reputation: 11991
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That picture still looks like a bear though, notice the big rear end, mid-section, there is no way of 'mis-identifying' those front legs as being human arms...if you saw that particular bear standing up on 2 legs, it would look strange, but it would still have the basic shape of a bear.


And really, if there are THAT many bears with this extreme cases of Mange (to account for all the mis-Ident)...we have a larger wildlife problem at hand!!
Like I previously stated many of the 'reports' have a qualifier. They say that they thought they saw. How do you know what they saw? We do not have any evidence! Always keep in mind that you don't have one dead body to examine. You have stories and many of those are anonymous. Bear are real and we can prove they are real. We have both dead ones and ones in captivity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2020, 01:09 PM
 
14,997 posts, read 3,987,163 times
Reputation: 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Like I previously stated many of the 'reports' have a qualifier. They say that they thought they saw. How do you know what they saw? We do not have any evidence! Always keep in mind that you don't have one dead body to examine. You have stories and many of those are anonymous. Bear are real and we can prove they are real. We have both dead ones and ones in captivity.
I admit, I cannot explain the lack of physical evidence or dead bodies ( I do believe there is probably a realistic explanation for this, but we do not yet know what it is).


Also, most of the reports Ive read (Dogman and Bigfoot both), the people are saying, " I know what I saw, I was 10ft away from it"...or..."it was NO bear, Im familiar with bear in the wild".


There are a few reports where people will admit they dont know what they saw, but the majority, KNOW what they have seen.


Bears legs are also very short, their stride when walking bipedally is very small, usually in reports where witnesses claim to see it walking, they will mention how long the walking stride is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2020, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,948 posts, read 12,735,952 times
Reputation: 11991
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I admit, I cannot explain the lack of physical evidence or dead bodies ( I do believe there is probably a realistic explanation for this, but we do not yet know what it is).


Also, most of the reports Ive read (Dogman and Bigfoot both), the people are saying, " I know what I saw, I was 10ft away from it"...or..."it was NO bear, Im familiar with bear in the wild".


There are a few reports where people will admit they dont know what they saw, but the majority, KNOW what they have seen.


Bears legs are also very short, their stride when walking bipedally is very small, usually in reports where witnesses claim to see it walking, they will mention how long the walking stride is.
As much as "they know what they saw" there is still no evidence of what they saw. There is plenty of evidence that we have bears in our woods. Charmin even made plenty of bear commercials. Perhaps they sold too much toilet paper because we cannot find it today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2020, 02:29 PM
 
14,997 posts, read 3,987,163 times
Reputation: 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
As much as "they know what they saw" there is still no evidence of what they saw. There is plenty of evidence that we have bears in our woods. Charmin even made plenty of bear commercials. Perhaps they sold too much toilet paper because we cannot find it today!
Strangely, in southern OH counties, there are MORE bigfoot and Dogman sightings than bear sightings!! (bear sightings are very rare).


So, if people are 'mis-identifying' bears for these other things...you would think bear sightings would be much higher..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2020, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,948 posts, read 12,735,952 times
Reputation: 11991
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Strangely, in southern OH counties, there are MORE bigfoot and Dogman sightings than bear sightings!! (bear sightings are very rare).


So, if people are 'mis-identifying' bears for these other things...you would think bear sightings would be much higher..?
It does not matter what they see; it does matter what they can prove. You can go to a zoo and see a bear. You can go to a weigh-in station during hunting season (where bear hunting is allowed) and see dead bear. No one has seen one dead Dogman or Big Foot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2020, 10:37 AM
 
14,997 posts, read 3,987,163 times
Reputation: 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It does not matter what they see; it does matter what they can prove. You can go to a zoo and see a bear. You can go to a weigh-in station during hunting season (where bear hunting is allowed) and see dead bear. No one has seen one dead Dogman or Big Foot.
LOL, if people were misidentifying bears and reporting them as Dogmen/Bigfoot...there would also be a lot of bear sightings too.


I cannot remember which OH county it was, either Brown or Adams, they have had 2 black bear sightings over the past 10 yrs...but each county has had NUMEROUS bigfoot and Dogman sightings....how is that even possible for both to be true at the same time? (keep in mind, NOT everyone is going to misidentify bears, many people will report them as bear sightings).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2020, 11:04 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,948 posts, read 12,735,952 times
Reputation: 11991
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
LOL, if people were misidentifying bears and reporting them as Dogmen/Bigfoot...there would also be a lot of bear sightings too.


I cannot remember which OH county it was, either Brown or Adams, they have had 2 black bear sightings over the past 10 yrs...but each county has had NUMEROUS bigfoot and Dogman sightings....how is that even possible for both to be true at the same time? (keep in mind, NOT everyone is going to misidentify bears, many people will report them as bear sightings).
I have told you before about how I have had a personal experience with a bear that traveled 40 miles in one week. Bears can have a very long range. Even though they do not stay in an area does not mean that they have not traveled through the area. Regardless of all of your Dogman reports; where is the carcass of one that did not make it across a road? There are about 6,000 humans killed each year crossing our roads. There are thousands of black bears killed each year crossing our roads. There has never been a Big Foot or Dogman killed crossing our roads. So what do the statistics tell you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top