Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2021, 07:11 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times

Advertisements

Since the final show has now been aired, we can reveal that the eDNA results showed chimpanzee(Pan) DNA which curiously enough ties into the other thread where is is suggested that humans are hybrids of chimp and something else.

I think there are quite a few interesting events in this series, the main one was the footprints found just before they were pulled out and the tree structures found where they got eDNA from. We dont know if the Bigfoot charge was a made-up event or not as nothing was seen by the camera, however, I think Russell was honestly 'spooked' by that whole episode.

I still feel that there were plenty of opportunities to get samples (for example from the footprint dirt) which would have been far better than the tree structure as far as eDNA was concerned. The eDNA from the dirt from a footprint that large would have been almost definitive, since you probably dont get huge basketball players with large feet roaming around the woods in bare feet. Yes, Russells bunch of hair would be interesting to analyse, and there were 2-hair samples from trees which were also taken.

The sound analysis of the Bigfoot calls they got were determined to be from 4 Bigfoot and including maybe one juvenile.

Why dont they set trail cams looking at each other so that when one is destroyed, the other will capture "who" is destroying it?

Looks like they will be doing another season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2021, 07:26 PM

2,453 posts, read 1,684,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Since the final show has now been aired, we can reveal that the eDNA results showed chimpanzee(Pan) DNA which curiously enough ties into the other thread where is is suggested that humans are hybrids of chimp and something else.

I think there are quite a few interesting events in this series, the main one was the footprints found just before they were pulled out and the tree structures found where they got eDNA from. We dont know if the Bigfoot charge was a made-up event or not as nothing was seen by the camera, however, I think Russell was honestly 'spooked' by that whole episode.

I still feel that there were plenty of opportunities to get samples (for example from the footprint dirt) which would have been far better than the tree structure as far as eDNA was concerned. The eDNA from the dirt from a footprint that large would have been almost definitive, since you probably dont get huge basketball players with large feet roaming around the woods in bare feet. Yes, Russells bunch of hair would be interesting to analyse, and there were 2-hair samples from trees which were also taken.

The sound analysis of the Bigfoot calls they got were determined to be from 4 Bigfoot and including maybe one juvenile.

Why dont they set trail cams looking at each other so that when one is destroyed, the other will capture "who" is destroying it?

Looks like they will be doing another season.
Because it is them destroying their own cameras for drama on a completely make believe reality show.

Old 03-29-2021, 07:15 PM

So, now that they have identified chimp(and other primate) DNA in the samples it makes more sense if we are also part-chimp in our DNA too. I notice they blurred-out most of the report on Bryce's screen which is a little worrying, if they want us to believe thats really what they found.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Because it is them destroying their own cameras for drama on a completely make believe reality show.
For what purpose?...To convince a very small percentage of enthusiasts, this creature is real? LOL

Old 03-30-2021, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
For what purpose?...To convince a very small percentage of enthusiasts, this creature is real? LOL
Exactly what you posted, to convince enthusiasts it is real. Honestly it takes little to nothing to convince most these things are real. You are a prime example with all the very obvious fiction you have posted as being real.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Exactly what you posted, to convince enthusiasts it is real. Honestly it takes little to nothing to convince most these things are real. You are a prime example with all the very obvious fiction you have posted as being real.
On average I believe maybe about half of everything I read, I go with what my guy says for the most part.

You say their goal is to convince a very small number of enthusiasts, but how do they benefit from this...Im not buying any books, Tshirts or coffee mugs, if their goal is simply to trick someone else...that is pointless, the latest statistic I saw on people that believed Bigfoot existed..was around 11%.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
On average I believe maybe about half of everything I read, I go with what my guy says for the most part.

You say their goal is to convince a very small number of enthusiasts, but how do they benefit from this...Im not buying any books, Tshirts or coffee mugs, if their goal is simply to trick someone else...that is pointless, the latest statistic I saw on people that believed Bigfoot existed..was around 11%.
Isn't 99.9% of all social media pointless. I have no idea why hoaxers do what they do. It is very obvious they do it for some reason. Why do they make all the fake "reality" shows, pod casts with fake stories, and why do people come on this very forum and make up stories?

I wonder how they get that 11% number, at a BF convention? I personally know and interact with a LOT of people and I only know 1 person who believes in BF in real life. Back in the 80s and early 90s I could believe that number but now it seems as made up as the BF flyer you posted as real.

I might not agree with a single thing you post but I do respect that you answer questions people post directed at you. Would really like to hear stories from you that involves you actually going out and doing research in real life. Searching on the internet is just finding someone who agrees with you.

Old 03-30-2021, 06:54 PM

Quote:
I wonder how they get that 11% number, at a BF convention? I personally know and interact with a LOT of people and I only know 1 person who believes in BF in real life. Back in the 80s and early 90s I could believe that number but now it seems as made up as the BF flyer you posted as real.
I agree that we have to be careful what we believe, but it is interesting that so many people CHOOSE not to believe some things and yet DO believe some other things with the same amount of credence (ie: they are both on the internet and both have not personally been investigated).

Sam...How do you decide what to believe on the internet?

Probably the same way as the rest of us. Given that most of us here are armchair researchers, not likely to get out there and investigate this stuff, whatever it is we are interested in, then we have to have some way to determine what we want to believe.

That is usually what agrees with our previous beliefs, and what comes from 'authorities'(people we have found to be honest,reliable,truthful and maybe credentialed). How we assess these people, particularly on the internet who we dont know, is the dodgy part of all of this. We just dont know their reason for being here, so it is often just a gut feeling we go by after reading their posts, articles, etc, over a period of time. Doing that we build up a feeling about people, a mental picture of someone in our head and we either 'like' them, we are evaluating them still, or we dismiss them. The 'like' in this case is probably generally agreeing with what they say.

Old 03-30-2021, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Isn't 99.9% of all social media pointless. I have no idea why hoaxers do what they do. It is very obvious they do it for some reason. Why do they make all the fake "reality" shows, pod casts with fake stories, and why do people come on this very forum and make up stories?

I might not agree with a single thing you post but I do respect that you answer questions people post directed at you. Would really like to hear stories from you that involves you actually going out and doing research in real life. Searching on the internet is just finding someone who agrees with you.
Those fake social media stories/posts, reality shows, etc...that is all to either make money from advertising, or attempt to manipulate public opinion on a particular topic or trend...

The difference with those, they are reaching 100s of 1000s, if not millions of viewers, the cryptid stuff though, its not even close in comparison.

One of my best friends, whom Ive known over 18 yrs, I asked her what her thoughts were on 'Bigfoot'...she replied, "I wouldnt put anything beyond mother nature", but this is not a topic she thinks about on a daily basis, Id venture to say VERY VERY few people out there give this topic much thought.

I also agree with you on having to get out in the world to research, not just online...the internet is OK for some things, like steering you in the right direction from time to time, or finding a contact, online is great for that! Its how I found my 4 witnesses to the werewolf sighting.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I agree that we have to be careful what we believe, but it is interesting that so many people CHOOSE not to believe some things and yet DO believe some other things with the same amount of credence (ie: they are both on the internet and both have not personally been investigated).

Sam...How do you decide what to believe on the internet?

Probably the same way as the rest of us. Given that most of us here are armchair researchers, not likely to get out there and investigate this stuff, whatever it is we are interested in, then we have to have some way to determine what we want to believe.

That is usually what agrees with our previous beliefs, and what comes from 'authorities'(people we have found to be honest,reliable,truthful and maybe credentialed). How we assess these people, particularly on the internet who we dont know, is the dodgy part of all of this. We just dont know their reason for being here, so it is often just a gut feeling we go by after reading their posts, articles, etc, over a period of time. Doing that we build up a feeling about people, a mental picture of someone in our head and we either 'like' them, we are evaluating them still, or we dismiss them. The 'like' in this case is probably generally agreeing with what they say.
It varies greatly depending on the subject and the location of the information. As an example from this very forum. When I ask a question in the travel section I believe the person who posts that they have been to that location and gives me some places to go and some places to avoid. I generally believe that person. Now the poster who replies with a response that includes religious and/or political views I ignore because they are obviously pushing their agenda that has nothing to do with my travel question.

There are really too many variables to give a straight forward answer. Kinda like in this section there are 2 posters that I really like to read their posts. Because of their previous posts there is no way I could ever believe a single word they type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal