U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-20-2020, 09:02 AM
 
13,096 posts, read 5,425,057 times
Reputation: 16017

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
As far as whether or not this is a engineered disease; what country would engineer a vaccine that could take out its leaders?

IF it was an engineered disease there would probably already be a vaccine for it for the leaders. That doesn't mean the vaccine would be available or even known to the public.

 
Old 03-20-2020, 09:30 AM
 
159 posts, read 76,770 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You guys....
No I wouldn't call anyone an idiot. I am just going to tell people to ignore each and every word you wrote.
It's nonsense extremist talk. You are seriously telling people to withdraw 401K savings, sell stock when low, against the advice of every economic expert advice. Yeah that makes sense.
Even in the prepper forum, which usually has the conspiracy/end of world guys, they would laugh at you.

Let's go back to bigfoot discussions, even that's more believable.
Well, you're simply one of the unenlightened ones that's all and you have a right to that. The evidence is in your face. But many people believed like you just before the stock market crash of 1929. In fact, they were believing just like you before the financial crisis of 2008..! Employees were going to their job at Lehman Brothers happy and secure and left out the door with their walking papers. No one knew beforehand. BWAHAHA...were they listening to "every economic expert adviser" then. Probably and look what happened...!
People are losing 1000s from their 401Ks and social security will be non-existent soon. You must take your future into your own hands these days and trust no institutions. YOU'RE....ON....YOUR..OWN...! You don't have to heed any, some, or none of my advice of course. That's fine with me...but I (and others) warned people loooong time ago to prepare because things are going to get crazier. Don't shoot the messenger. If anything, I hope there are those who will take measures to protect themselves for the horrendous times ahead. Carry on....!

Here is an excerpt from a recent article from CBS News. You can read the entire article here:

"The effects of the current economic crisis have touched everyone. Even if you still have a good job and a paid up mortgage, chances are your monthly 401(k) statement will remind you that you've lost a good chunk of your savings.
Trillions of dollars have evaporated from those accounts that have become the prime source of retirement funds for a majority of American workers, affecting their psyche and their future. If you are still young enough, there's time to rebuild and recover, but if you are in your 50s, 60s or beyond the consequences can be dire, and its drawing attention to the shortcomings of a retirement system that has jeopardized the financial security of tens of millions of people.

Alan Weir, who turns 60 this month, showed 60 Minutes his latest 401(k) statement, which he hadn't had the courage to open up."I'm afraid," he told correspondent Steve Kroft.
There's good reason for his trepidation: nearly half of his life savings have vanished in a matter of months.
"It went down again," Weir told Kroft, after opening the statement.
Overall, he said he was down about $140,000.
Asked if he thought he'd ever get that money back, Weir said. "I probably never see it come back. I was looking to retire, probably, when I hit 62. Can't do it now. I'll probably be working until I'm at least 70."
Until she lost her job, Kathleen Coleman had spent nearly 30 years working as an executive assistant on Wall Street. She doesn't have much to show for it.
She told Kroft her 401(k) was worth less now than it was in 2005. "And another one went down almost $40,000. One was 80 - 88,000. And then, and then it went down to 50(k)," she told Kroft, crying.
Coleman is 54 years old and lives alone. "I don't have any children. I've been a career girl all my life. And it's been a great career, and I don't deserve this," she said.

The saddest part of this story is that it is being repeated all over the country. In eastern Pennsylvania, 59-year-old Iris Hontz lost her accounting job and half of her 401(k) investments. She's now back in the workforce as a part-time cashier in a grocery store.

In Dearborn, Mich., Terry and Donna McNally are barely holding on; he lost his sales job in August. The condo they bought 15 years ago is worth less than their mortgage, and 40 percent of his 401(k) retirement savings is gone. Donna is the main provider now, running a daycare center out of their home. "The 401(k) drop was tremendous, is tremendous at this point in time. And that's where the savings was, you know. That's our hurt right now," Terry McNally explained.


Good Luck...
 
Old 03-20-2020, 09:33 AM
 
159 posts, read 76,770 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Let's just start with the simplest thing here. Why do you claim that Bill Gates paid to have a virus "tweaked?" Do you not understand the concept of a simulation? If nothing exists how can it be tweaked?
Bill Gates has a patent on the coronavirus. Just last year around October 2019, they ran a test pandemic scenario...and voilá...here we are...!
 
Old 03-20-2020, 10:00 AM
 
400 posts, read 105,317 times
Reputation: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
Bill Gates has a patent on the coronavirus. Just last year around October 2019, they ran a test pandemic scenario...and voilá...here we are...!
Since he has the patent is he going to sue everyone of passing it on without his approval?
 
Old 03-20-2020, 10:25 AM
 
Location: WMHT
3,514 posts, read 3,474,734 times
Reputation: 4527
Unhappy This is one strain of coronavirus, there is no "the coronavirus", it's a broad class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
Bill Gates has a patent on the coronavirus. Just last year around October 2019, they ran a test pandemic scenario...and voilá...here we are...!
2019-nCoV is a coronavirus, there is no "the coronavirus", it's a broad family, including the viruses which cause the common cold, SARS, MERS, etc, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Did I mention that BG is a major stockholder in the Pirbright Institute that engineered a virulent strain of coronavirus? Because that should be taken into account.
Stockholder? Donors to a charity are not "stockholders".

Bill Gates did not patent COVID-19, rather the Gates Foundation supported the Pirbright Institute, which owns a patent for one specific form of coronavirus (unrelated to 2019-nCoV/COVID-19) which could potentially be used as a vaccine to prevent certain diseases in birds and other animals.

Last edited by Nonesuch; 03-20-2020 at 10:42 AM..
 
Old 03-20-2020, 10:28 AM
 
13,086 posts, read 19,262,128 times
Reputation: 21470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
Well, you're simply one of the unenlightened ones that's all and you have a right to that. The evidence is in your face. But many people believed like you just before the stock market crash of 1929. In fact, they were believing just like you before the financial crisis of 2008..! Employees were going to their job at Lehman Brothers happy and secure and left out the door with their walking papers. No one knew beforehand. BWAHAHA...were they listening to "every economic expert adviser" then. Probably and look what happened...!
People are losing 1000s from their 401Ks and social security will be non-existent soon. You must take your future into your own hands these days and trust no institutions. YOU'RE....ON....YOUR..OWN...! You don't have to heed any, some, or none of my advice of course. That's fine with me...but I (and others) warned people loooong time ago to prepare because things are going to get crazier. Don't shoot the messenger. If anything, I hope there are those who will take measures to protect themselves for the horrendous times ahead. Carry on....!
No one isn't saying that there isn't a financial crises. Of course it is. Unemployment, etc. Probably of a worse impact then the virus itself. But that is not what you are preaching.

You are talking about the total collapse of the financial system, essentially the collapse of the country (and I've seen zero proof of that)! That's a HUGE difference from 1929 and 2008. In 2008 we recovered in 3 or 4 years. In 1929 it took longer, but we did recover. Look what happened? Yes lets look indeed - history shows that in both cases we recovered stronger financially then we were before. No one needs to withdraw money from 401K's, that's crazy talk, yes many sold off in panic, there loss. But 401Ks are intended to be long turn investements for retirement. And yes, the economic advice then from the "experts" in 2008 was the successful advice - don't panic. Don't sell at a loss. You ride it out.
 
Old 03-20-2020, 10:49 AM
 
159 posts, read 76,770 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Since he has the patent is he going to sue everyone of passing it on without his approval?
Why would he do that if he's in on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
This is a coronavirus, there is no "the coronavirus", it's a broad class.
The information I've come across have stated "the coronavirus." You can write "a coronavirus" if you wish; however, "the coronavirus" is more appropriate as it is a large family of viruses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
No one isn't saying that there isn't a financial crises. Of course it is. Unemployment, etc. Probably of a worse impact then the virus itself. But that is not what you are preaching.

You are talking about the total collapse of the financial system, essentially the collapse of the country (and I've seen zero proof of that)! That's a HUGE difference from 1929 and 2008. In 2008 we recovered in 3 or 4 years. In 1929 it took longer, but we did recover. Look what happened? Yes lets look indeed - history shows that in both cases we recovered stronger financially then we were before. No one needs to withdraw money from 401K's, that's crazy talk, yes many sold off in panic, there loss. But those are intended to be long turn investements for retirement. And yes, the economic advice then from the "experts" in 2008 was the successful advice - don't panic. Don't sell at a loss. You ride it out.
Did you not read what I wrote or are you being delusional on purpose? Do you think the crash of 1929 happened out of nowhere? Do you understand the suffering and the losses people went through? They never regained their losses. And many who were well-off before continued their lives in poverty after the crash. In 2008 they kicked the can down the road. They were and still are printing money like it's going out of style. It's monopoly money....! Did you know that the Fed prints money and then buys back stocks? Did you know that infinite money printing has never worked and this is one of the causes of the financial crisis NOW and the actual collapse of the economy? You can't see "the forest for the trees." It's right in your face.

Do you not see all the store closings like J.C. Penney closing 139 stores and counting, Sears/Kmart-Sears Holding declaring bankruptcy, Toys R Us, Gymboree, Lowe's closing stores, etc. all over the country and the dying malls? Do you comprehend the deficit that the country has? Do you understand that we no longer actually produce anything and the country cannot pay its bills unless they continue to print money? Understand, it's printing money...there's nothing coming in. There's no profits...there's no revenue. It's all printed money and debt that is circulating..the country HAS...NO...MONEY...and the bubble is getting ready to burst.Your 401K, social security...they're all fake with fake money. It's best to take that money and buy something "tangible and real" before it all crashes down. I'm just giving you a warning...you can do what you please. I feel sorry for you as you have no insight into what's REALLY happening. Don't get upset at the messenger...do your homework...don't be emotional and don't be a slave to the system...! You've got to take care of yourself...!
 
Old 03-20-2020, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Chicago area
15,423 posts, read 8,541,043 times
Reputation: 56138
I think you honestly need to research instead of filling your head with conspiracy theories. Go on the WHO website and CDC website and read. Explore virology and how they tracked the last SARS corona virus in 2003. Read. Research.
 
Old 03-20-2020, 11:10 AM
 
Location: WMHT
3,514 posts, read 3,474,734 times
Reputation: 4527
Default Yes, they just say "the coronavirus"; Nobody is talking about MERS or SARS right now, so no reason to clarify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
Quote:
This is a coronavirus, there is no "the coronavirus", it's a broad class.
The information I've come across have stated "the coronavirus." You can write "a coronavirus" if you wish; however, "the coronavirus" is more appropriate as it is a large family of viruses.
Nobody is interested in talking about MERS or SARS (or the common cold) during this pandemic, they just say "the coronavirus". Same as how when people say "the election" it's same to assume you are talking about the 2020 presidential election even though there are plenty of other lesser elections in play also.

Yes, corona is a large family of viruses, there is no vaccine for the entire family, there is no patent on the entire family, and there is no patent on COVID-19/2019-nCoV either.
 
Old 03-20-2020, 11:38 AM
 
159 posts, read 76,770 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
Nobody is interested in talking about MERS or SARS (or the common cold) during this pandemic, they just say "the coronavirus". Same as how when people say "the election" it's same to assume you are talking about the 2020 presidential election even though there are plenty of other lesser elections in play also.

Yes, corona is a large family of viruses, there is no vaccine for the entire family, there is no patent on the entire family, and there is no patent on COVID-19/2019-nCoV either.
Yes...sooooo...THE...is a word that identifies that a specific, as opposed to a general, noun is being spoken about. The coronavirus is correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top