Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2020, 09:26 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,062,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I did not read the details yet; will do so later, but I do not see where the authors are claiming lab origin.
They detail why natural origin could not be possible, thus only lab origin is left.

Old 09-14-2020, 09:41 PM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
We keep seeing increases in new cases although nothing near where they were in April and May when it was hitting its stride. But back then nobody could get tested for it unless you were sick enough to seek medical attention and even then they were just telling people they had it. I'll stand firm on my assessment that at least 20 times the number of people tested positive for it have gotten it. And that's being conservative, that's probably a bare minimum. It was extremely contagious but so many younger people got it with almost no symptoms that they never knew it. I had it, just a very mild case, not even as bad as a cold. I found out my brother had it and lost his sense of taste and smell for a few weeks. I think my 90 year old mother had it back before Easter and it made her sick for a week with an apparent cold.
But the deaths from it have plummeted. Basically the lock down was a good and also a very bad idea. Good in that it at least stopped a short but overwhelming case spike that would have put hospitals and medical care facilities under extreme stress. Bad in that it did needless damage to our economies and also prolonged the virus outbreak by preventing herd immunity from taking effect.
Our local numbers spiked when the colleges opened up. But no deaths. The cases are mild or even non symptomatic. The schools could be re opened fully with similar results. healthy kids don't get sick from it. Healthy people don't die from it except in rare instances. There's no documented case of a student infecting a teacher with it. The precautions are mostly meaningless. The masks do nothing. Social distancing of 6 feet does nothing. Its all for show.
What we need to do now is open everything up. A complete return to normalcy. You get it, you're immune until they prove otherwise. Or maybe you get it again but your immunity knocks it out faster than before and its even less serious.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:12 AM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
We keep seeing increases in new cases although nothing near where they were in April and May when it was hitting its stride. But back then nobody could get tested for it unless you were sick enough to seek medical attention and even then they were just telling people they had it. I'll stand firm on my assessment that at least 20 times the number of people tested positive for it have gotten it. And that's being conservative, that's probably a bare minimum. It was extremely contagious but so many younger people got it with almost no symptoms that they never knew it. I had it, just a very mild case, not even as bad as a cold. I found out my brother had it and lost his sense of taste and smell for a few weeks. I think my 90 year old mother had it back before Easter and it made her sick for a week with an apparent cold.
But the deaths from it have plummeted. Basically the lock down was a good and also a very bad idea. Good in that it at least stopped a short but overwhelming case spike that would have put hospitals and medical care facilities under extreme stress. Bad in that it did needless damage to our economies and also prolonged the virus outbreak by preventing herd immunity from taking effect.
Our local numbers spiked when the colleges opened up. But no deaths. The cases are mild or even non symptomatic. The schools could be re opened fully with similar results. healthy kids don't get sick from it. Healthy people don't die from it except in rare instances. There's no documented case of a student infecting a teacher with it. The precautions are mostly meaningless. The masks do nothing. Social distancing of 6 feet does nothing. Its all for show.
What we need to do now is open everything up. A complete return to normalcy. You get it, you're immune until they prove otherwise. Or maybe you get it again but your immunity knocks it out faster than before and its even less serious.
I totally agree.

This "pandemic" is bs.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:10 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I totally agree.

This "pandemic" is bs.
Perhaps you might want to look up the word pandemic. It does not mean what you think it does.

COVID-19 is now the third leading cause of death in the US.

https://www.nsc.org/in-the-newsroom/...-death-in-2020

You get it, you may get very sick, and there is a possibility you could die or be permanently disabled.

Old 09-15-2020, 07:24 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
There's no win.
It's always gonna be split opinion.
Fake news or apocalypse.
At least until the government tells us one way or another.

It just seems to me, that everytime this thing appears to be almost over with or totally under control, the government says "not so fast, now it blah blah blah".

Old 09-15-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you might want to look up the word pandemic. It does not mean what you think it does.

You get it, you may get very sick, and there is a possibility you could die or be permanently disabled.
Please, I'm not interested.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:15 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I think you need to go suck on a lemon. You lost me with the 90 year old mother stick.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:16 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Please, I'm not interested.
Remain ignorant then.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Remain ignorant then.
It's your attitude I'm not interested in. But thanks anyway, suzy.

Old 09-15-2020, 11:28 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:

I dont get it, I read yesterday in our local paper, Covid deaths are increasing by more than they expected in our state...and we have a very democratic governor (Beshear, KY)...but he isnt talking about closing things down again, in fact, restrictions are slowly being loosened...???

Why are they not closing places down, asking people to stay home?

Its also funny, we have the ARTEMIS expressway signs and they are telling people to limit travel if possible, wear masks, prevent the spread of Covid!!

If this is some engineered virus to usher in a new age of strict control...they are off to a terrible start!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal