U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 11:45 AM

3,512 posts, read 3,474,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
Yes...sooooo...THE...is a word that identifies that a specific, as opposed to a general, noun is being spoken about. The coronavirus is correct.
So going back to your previous statement:

Quote:
Bill Gates has a patent on the coronavirus.
Care to walk back that claim now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 11:59 AM

13,085 posts, read 19,262,128 times
Quote:
Did you not read what I wrote or are you being delusional on purpose? Do you think the crash of 1929 happened out of nowhere? Do you understand the suffering and the losses people went through? They never regained their losses. And many who were well-off before continued their lives in poverty after the crash. In 2008 they kicked the can down the road. They were and still are printing money like it's going out of style. It's monopoly money....! Did you know that the Fed prints money and then buys back stocks? Did you know that infinite money printing has never worked and this is one of the causes of the financial crisis NOW and the actual collapse of the economy? You can't see "the forest for the trees." It's right in your face. ...
Don't get upset at the messenger...do your homework...don't be emotional and don't be a slave to the system...! You've got to take care of yourself...!
You sound like you are close to hysterics man. Take your advice - don't be emotional.

Yes I read what you wrote:

-Bill Gates is the anti-Christ and caused the virus
-The world is about to end
-The dead will soon walk the earth and the zombie apocalypse will be upon us.

Seriously, my degree is in finance so I would love to discuss concepts such as the gold standard and the pros and cons, macro and micro-economics, etc.
I think I will pass and save it for someone that is less hysterical and less subject to misinformation given via internet blogs and conspiracy sites.

Old 03-20-2020, 12:03 PM

12,589 posts, read 21,221,786 times
Quote:
Why would he do that if he's in on it?

The information I've come across have stated "the coronavirus." You can write "a coronavirus" if you wish; however, "the coronavirus" is more appropriate as it is a large family of viruses.

Did you not read what I wrote or are you being delusional on purpose? Do you think the crash of 1929 happened out of nowhere? Do you understand the suffering and the losses people went through? They never regained their losses. And many who were well-off before continued their lives in poverty after the crash. In 2008 they kicked the can down the road. They were and still are printing money like it's going out of style. It's monopoly money....! Did you know that the Fed prints money and then buys back stocks? Did you know that infinite money printing has never worked and this is one of the causes of the financial crisis NOW and the actual collapse of the economy? You can't see "the forest for the trees." It's right in your face.

Do you not see all the store closings like J.C. Penney closing 139 stores and counting, Sears/Kmart-Sears Holding declaring bankruptcy, Toys R Us, Gymboree, Lowe's closing stores, etc. all over the country and the dying malls? Do you comprehend the deficit that the country has? Do you understand that we no longer actually produce anything and the country cannot pay its bills unless they continue to print money? Understand, it's printing money...there's nothing coming in. There's no profits...there's no revenue. It's all printed money and debt that is circulating..the country HAS...NO...MONEY...and the bubble is getting ready to burst.Your 401K, social security...they're all fake with fake money. It's best to take that money and buy something "tangible and real" before it all crashes down. I'm just giving you a warning...you can do what you please. I feel sorry for you as you have no insight into what's REALLY happening. Don't get upset at the messenger...do your homework...don't be emotional and don't be a slave to the system...! You've got to take care of yourself...!
Retail is changing. Period. We shop online more and more. The brick and mortar stores in these dying malls, are dying because no one’s going there. The indoor malls have very high cost of doing business. They have to pay for their electricity and part of the malls electricity, and heating and cooling. If you could have a brick and mortar store in the mall, you would be paying three times more than if you moved to a smaller strip mall sort of location— which is what they’re building now.

I have gone shopping at brick and mortar places lately, and they aren’t carrying my size but they are willing to order it for me online and ship it to me for free. Well, I might as well do that at home and not go in there.

That’s why we are losing brick and mortar stores. It’s not a world ending crisis. A number of brick and mortar stores haven’t got with the times. They have poor online presences.

The guy who is the head of Macy’s came out and said several years ago that retail MUST change. In Europe they have 1.7 square feet of retail space per person, in the USA we have almost 8 feet of retail space per person. We don’t need it. The younger ones coming up have more debt coming out of college, and would rather save their money and buy experiences and travel and have fun. Not shop for stuff. The days of shopping for pleasure are gone.

Old 03-20-2020, 12:51 PM

159 posts, read 76,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
So going back to your previous statement:

Care to walk back that claim now?
Why should I?

The Pirbright Institute is a publicly funded private company. With a diverse range of major stakeholders, and receive strategic funding from the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) which is part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). The Pirbright Institute has a patent for a type of coronavirus affecting animals (primarily chickens). However, these studies are carried out on animals to understand how the virus will effect humans.

Our major stakeholders are:

Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
UK Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)
Wellcome Trust, Medical Research Council (MRC) and other research funding agencies
International funding and disease control agencies, such as OIE, WHO, the European Commission, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Industrial producers of veterinary vaccines and antivirals
Farmers and livestock keepers

"In 2004, the CDC filed a patent on a newly isolated coronavirus known as SARS. It expired on January 24, 2020 -- pure coincidence given the timing of this media outbreak I'm sure.
In 2015, the Pirbright Institute filed a patent for a live attenuated coronavirus to be used in the production of vaccines. The Pirbright Institute is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and recently received $5.5 million dollars to do what they do. They were "coincidentally chosen" to create the vaccine behind this current outbreak. They will be partnering with Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation as well) to create said vaccine."
In October of 2019, the John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Health (Center for Health Security) held "Event 201," which simulated an outbreak of a theoretical coronavirus that ironically, looks exactly like what's playing out right now. It ultimately becomes a childhood disease for which we need to vaccinate against. Which was funded by The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

Don't just go by appearances...learn to ask yourself "what's behind this, who is behind this, and why is it happening." We need answers because things are going to get horrendous.Plus, I don't see why The Gates Foundation being involved in such a venture is awkward to you. He's a eugenicists and believes that the global population needs to be culled. I'm not going back-and-forth with you about this. Do your homework...!Take Care and Good Luck

Old 03-20-2020, 01:16 PM

3,512 posts, read 3,474,734 times
Pirbright Institute patented a live attenuated coronavirus (Avian infectious bronchitis virus - IBV).

Are you seriously claiming the patent on IBV was actually a patent on "the coronavirus"?

Old 03-20-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Retail is changing. Period. We shop online more and more. The brick and mortar stores in these dying malls, are dying because no one’s going there. The indoor malls have very high cost of doing business. They have to pay for their electricity and part of the malls electricity, and heating and cooling. If you could have a brick and mortar store in the mall, you would be paying three times more than if you moved to a smaller strip mall sort of location— which is what they’re building now.

I have gone shopping at brick and mortar places lately, and they aren’t carrying my size but they are willing to order it for me online and ship it to me for free. Well, I might as well do that at home and not go in there.

That’s why we are losing brick and mortar stores. It’s not a world ending crisis. A number of brick and mortar stores haven’t got with the times. They have poor online presences.

The guy who is the head of Macy’s came out and said several years ago that retail MUST change. In Europe they have 1.7 square feet of retail space per person, in the USA we have almost 8 feet of retail space per person. We don’t need it. The younger ones coming up have more debt coming out of college, and would rather save their money and buy experiences and travel and have fun. Not shop for stuff. The days of shopping for pleasure are gone.
My goodness...it's amazing how you can't see what's happening right before your eyes. Sure...there are too many stores and they are closing but that's not due to online shopping. Credit is drying up...and the US runs on credit and debt. The stores simply cannot pay their bills like rent and their suppliers. Plus consumers don't have the money to buy anything and the dollar isn't going as far as it used to. Haven't you heard about how unemployment is going to rise? People just don't have the money...! Online shopping makes up a very small portion of consumer shopping. People are still tactile and rather than getting excited about a dress they saw online for example, ordering it, and then when it arrives finding that it's not what they saw in the photo and/or it doesn't fit properly, then having the hassle of having to send it back, waiting for a refund, blah...blah...blah... Do you remember the online store Pet.com? Pets.com had its IPO in 2000 and raised an amazing $82 million, but that wasn't anywhere near enough to make up for a bad business plan. The stock went from a high of $14 per share at the IPO to a low of 22 cents a share. The company was a HUGE flop and closed down. Online shopping will not save the economy. And when it comes to food, people want to buy in brick-and-mortar stores.

Credit is drying up period and online sales will suffer as well during this economic downturn that's getting worse and worse. If you don't see it...it's not my duty to "open your eyes." Good Luck....!

Old 03-20-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
My goodness...it's amazing how you can't see what's happening right before your eyes. Sure...there are too many stores and they are closing but that's not due to online shopping. Credit is drying up...and the US runs on credit and debt. The stores simply cannot pay their bills like rent and their suppliers. Plus consumers don't have the money to buy anything and the dollar isn't going as far as it used to. Haven't you heard about how unemployment is going to rise? People just don't have the money...! Online shopping makes up a very small portion of consumer shopping. People are still tactile and rather than getting excited about a dress they saw online for example, ordering it, and then when it arrives finding that it's not what they saw in the photo and/or it doesn't fit properly, then having the hassle of having to send it back, waiting for a refund, blah...blah...blah... Do you remember the online store Pet.com? Pets.com had its IPO in 2000 and raised an amazing $82 million, but that wasn't anywhere near enough to make up for a bad business plan. The stock went from a high of $14 per share at the IPO to a low of 22 cents a share. The company was a HUGE flop and closed down. Online shopping will not save the economy. And when it comes to food, people want to buy in brick-and-mortar stores.

Credit is drying up period and online sales will suffer as well during this economic downturn that's getting worse and worse. If you don't see it...it's not my duty to "open your eyes." Good Luck....!
OK I know i am going to regret asking this, as almost nothing you have said yet makes sense - how is credit "drying up" exactly. I use my credit card every day. If anything, it's just the opposite. Interest rates are low and might go negative. The government is encouraging credit as an economic measure. Yeah, the federal debt takes a hit, deficit spending. It hurts but not the end of the world.
If credit was "drying up" interest rates would be sky high.

Yes Captain Obvious, we all know the effect of this virus on the economy and it's impact on the stock market.
This too shall pass...ride it out.

What's with the all bold text?

Old 03-20-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
OK I know i am going to regret asking this, as almost nothing you have said yet makes sense - how is credit "drying up" exactly. I use my credit card every day. If anything, it's just the opposite. Interest rates are low and might go negative. The government is encouraging credit as an economic measure. Yeah, the federal debt takes a hit, deficit spending. It hurts but not the end of the world.
If credit was "drying up" interest rates would be sky high.

Yes Captain Obvious, we all know the effect of this virus on the economy and it's impact on the stock market.
This too shall pass...ride it out.
BWAHAHA...take your own advice and "ride it out" I'm prepared. Plus, soon your credit card won't work then what are you going to do? You have absolutely NO CLUE what's happening. The conditions now are the same as in 2008 but MUCH worse and there's no fixing it this time. The country will have to take a hit and you won't be prepared. Debt is drying up and many Americans are using credit cards to pay for basics like their rent/mortgage and food. That's not a robust economy. The coronavirus is simply a distraction a cover for what's to come. It's easier to blame the financial crash on the virus. Anyway..I have other things to do than go back and forth with you. Prepare and Good Luck...you're going to need it....!

Old 03-20-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
BWAHAHA...take your own advice and "ride it out" I'm prepared. Plus, soon your credit card won't work then what are you going to do? You have absolutely NO CLUE what's happening. The conditions now are the same as in 2008 but MUCH worse and there's no fixing it this time. The country will have to take a hit and you won't be prepared. Debt is drying up and many Americans are using credit cards to pay for basics like their rent/mortgage and food. That's not a robust economy. The coronavirus is simply a distraction a cover for what's to come. It's easier to blame the financial crash on the virus. Anyway..I have other things to do than go back and forth with you. Prepare and Good Luck...you're going to need it....!
Quote:
No one knew beforehand. BWAHAHA...
But you never answered the question, how is "credit drying up" exactly.

You just repeated "credit is drying up" and added your typical "BWAHAHA"...what's that, some sort of code word that supposed the explain all? OK then, the answer is BWAHAHA, whatever that means.

Old 03-20-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
But you never answered the question, how is "credit drying up" exactly.

You just repeated "credit is drying up" and added your typical "BWAHAHA"...what's that, some sort of code word that supposed the explain all? OK then, the answer is BWAHAHA, whatever that means.
Do I have to explain everything to you? The answer should be obvious...! You still won't understand anyway because you don't want to see the truth. This is the last time I am replying to you....!

"“What sets off a financial crisis is when firms are unable to get cash, this is why the Fed is trying to heavily increase liquidity. The quick hit to the U.S. economy from efforts to stop the spread of the coronavirus has created a crunch in credit markets that threatens to turn an economic downturn into a financial crisis."
Companies have rushed to raise cash by drawing down credit lines and other borrowing, while facing a sudden shortfall in revenues. THERE'S....NO...CASH. The economy is run on credit i.e. debt...! The domino effect has been a hard-hit to credit markets. Bigger fools generally depend on credit to finance their purchases, and so the decimation of creditworthy borrowers means the pool of bigger fools willing and able to pay $2.1 million for the old bungalow someone paid $1 million for today is drying up fast."

Get it....??? There's no liquidity and the credit that was provided to keep companies and people going is drying up. This is why the stimulus package is being offered which won't help." The gig is up...so to speak..! If you're using credit cards for purchases you're going to be highly disappointed. Credit cards are like loans...and banks do not have the money to "loan" anymore; therefore, credit goes out the window....!

Okay, Good Bye...! (For real this time..LOL) Good Luck...!

Last edited by Propop; 03-20-2020 at 03:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or