Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2020, 08:35 PM

37,103 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Same reason Jussie Smollett had himself beat up. So that people like you would conclude it couldn't have been them. They didn't destroy their own economy because they were well-prepared and somehow knew before it was even identified that it was so contagious that it would require sealing off the city.
"Somehow"?

Old 11-18-2020, 08:37 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
"Somehow"?

Said facetiously, they somehow knew all about it because they knew all about it in summer of 2019.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:48 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
I believe I saw an article claiming that there was a US lab which was pairing with the lab in Wuhan to develop vaccines, etc. So, if that is to be believed, there are partnerships across the world with academic institutions and funding of projects get shared between them. Actually, in this day and age it makes sense to share projects because there are things which other university departments discover which could help the overall project to move forward.

You have to realise that countries do cooperate in areas such as research, space travel, business, etc. The differences they have are between governments and are an illusion when it really boils down to the practicalities. Most of it is just governments posturing and trying to gain the public's support for its policies to keep them in power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia
What's ludicrous is the suggestion that they don't have a defense for it. Don't EVEN mention the less than 100k Chinese deaths because we are not talking about a regime where life is sacred and the individual rights of people are paramount. Regimes like that have shown throughout history that they will sacrifice millions of their own people to further their agenda.
I am sure if you thought about things more, you would realise that people who die from the virus are relatives of someone and are going to be missed. It really does not matter if someone is a Communist (ie: a member of the Communist Party) - it does not mean they think Communist thoughts all the time. What IS a Communist thought anyway, and what distinguishes a Communist from you or I?

Quote:
Regimes like that have shown throughout history that they will sacrifice millions of their own people to further their agenda
If you are honest, you will admit that all governments across the world do this. How many people were sacrificed when they were testing the atom bomb? or the chemical and biological weapons? Pol Pot, Saddam Hussein, Hitler, all dictators and despots have sacrificed their armies in wars and nowadays we do the same thing. Wars are largely unnecessary.

You do not seem to understand that it is all an illusion created by governments. People at the individual level are the same, they all want success, wealth, health, etc etc. When a country is developing, the poor in that country will do pretty much anything to provide for their family and survive. The survival instinct is our (human race's) highest priority.

Old 11-18-2020, 08:52 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I am sure if you thought about things more, you would realise that people who die from the virus are relatives of someone and are going to be missed. It really does not matter if someone is a Communist (ie: a member of the Communist Party) - it does not mean they think Communist thoughts all the time. What IS a Communist thought anyway, and what distinguishes a Communist from you or I?

If you are honest, you will admit that all governments across the world do this. How many people were sacrificed when they were testing the atom bomb? or the chemical and biological weapons? Pol Pot, Saddam Hussein, Hitler, all dictators and despots have sacrificed their armies in wars and nowadays we do the same thing. Wars are largely unnecessary.

You do not seem to understand that it is all an illusion created by governments. People at the individual level are the same, they all want success, wealth, health, etc etc. When a country is developing, the poor in that country will do pretty much anything to provide for their family and survive. The survival instinct is our (human race's) highest priority.

Not sure how your first or third paragraph has anything to do with anything I said.

Your second paragraph proves my point.

Old 11-18-2020, 09:19 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom
This message has been deleted by Tallysmom. Reason: Don’t copy and paste the whole thing, just a few sentences and a link, please.
Tallysmom - the piece I quoted was from an email which was doing the rounds, as I said in that post. There is no link I can link to, so I have to quote it all. I did search at the University of Toronto website for a similar discussion or article but as I said in a subsequent post, I was unable to find one.

With that said, I hope you will not mind in the interests of public information, if I post the same piece again from an email and not online. I hope this is extenuating circumstances.

As I said before, I do not know if this is correct information or not, so I throw it out there for discussion.

==================================
WHAT DOCTORS HAVE LEARNED ABOUT COVID-19

A professor of pharmacy at U of Toronto sent this clearly worded
update to his family. For this pandemic, there's a greater chance of
survival for those getting infected 3 months later like June 2020 than
those who got infected 3 months earlier, say February 2020. The reason
for this is that Doctors and scientists know more about Covid-19 now
than 3 months ago and hence are able to treat patients better.

I will list 5 important things that we know now that we didn't know in
February 2020 for your understanding.

1. COVID-19 was initially thought to cause deaths due to pneumonia-a
lung infection - and so ventilators were thought to be the best way to
treat sick patients who couldn't breathe.

Now we are realizing that the virus causes blood clots in the blood
vessels of the lungs and other parts of the body and this causes
reduced oxygenation.

Now we know that just providing oxygen by ventilators will not help.

We have to prevent and dissolve the micro clots in the lungs.

This is why we are using drugs like Aspirin and Heparin (blood
thinners that prevent clotting) as a protocol in treatment regimens in October 2020.

2. Previously patients used to drop dead on the road or even before
reaching a hospital due to reduced oxygen in their blood.

This called HAPPY HYPOXIA -- where even though the oxygen saturation
was gradually reducing, the COVID-19 patients did not have symptoms
until it became critically less, like sometimes even 70%.

Normally we become breathless if oxygen saturation reduces below 90%.
This breathlessness is not triggered in COVID patients so we were late
in getting sick patients to hospitals in February 2020. Now since
knowing about happy hypoxia we are monitoring oxygen saturation of all
COVID patients with a simple home use pulse oximeter and getting them
to the hospital if their oxygen saturation drops to 93% or less.

This gives doctors time to correct the oxygen deficiency in the blood
and there is a better survival chance in October 2020.

3. We did not have drugs to fight the coronavirus in February 2020.

We were only treating the complications caused by it... hypoxia. Hence
most patients became severely infected.

Now we have 2 important medicines FAVIPIRAVIR & REMDESIVIR.

These ANTIVIRALS can kill the coronavirus.

By using these two medicines we can prevent patients from becoming
severely infected and therefore cure them BEFORE THEY GO TO HYPOXIA.

This is knowledge that is available in October 2020... not in February 2020.

4. Many Covid-19 patients die not just because of the virus but also
due to the patient's own immune system responding in an exaggerated
manner called CYTOKINE STORM.

This stormy immune response not only kills the virus but also can kill
the patients. In February 2020 we didn't know how to prevent it from happening.

Now in October 2020, we know that Steroids, that doctors around the
world have been using for almost 80 years, can be used to prevent the
cytokine storm in some patients.

5. Now we also know that people with hypoxia become better just by
making them lie down on their belly- known as prone position.

Apart from this a few days ago Israeli scientists have discovered that
a chemical known as Alpha Defensin produced by the patient's White
blood cells can cause the micro clots in blood vessels of the lungs
and this can be treated with Colchicine which has been used over many
decades in the treatment of Gout. So now we know for sure that
patients have a better chance at surviving the COVID-19 infection in
October 2020 than in February 2020. Going forward there's nothing to
panic about Covid-19 if we remember that a person who gets infected
now has a better chance at survival than one who got infected early.

Let's continue to follow precautions, wear masks and practice social
distancing.
=================================

Old 11-18-2020, 09:48 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Tallysmom - the piece I quoted was from an email which was doing the rounds, as I said in that post. There is no link I can link to, so I have to quote it all. I did search at the University of Toronto website for a similar discussion or article but as I said in a subsequent post, I was unable to find one.

With that said, I hope you will not mind in the interests of public information, if I post the same piece again from an email and not online. I hope this is extenuating circumstances.

As I said before, I do not know if this is correct information or not, so I throw it out there for discussion.
I saw this several months ago on Facebook where it originated. That post has now been removed I can’t find any reason why it was removed but it is gone. My friends who shared it shared the name of the person it was supposed to of come from. It’s possible that it could’ve been faked. It has been added to since I am not kidding I think I got this in March or April.

The problem is that it’s gone around and we don’t know the copyright. That’s why I deleted it the first time. I’ll leave it up, but the research that I’ve done on this says that there are unsubstantiated claims being made throughout the thing. And my sister the nurse has never heard of happy hypoxia. And that was not in the first share I got. I would remember something like that.

But it is all over the Internet in various forms.

Old 11-19-2020, 08:17 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Why release it in China at all? Release it somewhere else.
If it was accidental; because that's where the lab was that was studying bat & pangolin coronaviruses & concerns had already been raised about China's ability to maintain strict safety standards, due to accidents at their lab in Beijing.

If intentional, it HAD to be China, because the viral sequencing was going to show some origin from the Chinese Pangolin. If it would have started anywhere else but China, it would have been suspect right away.

Old 11-19-2020, 08:21 AM

37,103 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
If it was accidental; because that's where the lab was that was studying bat & pangolin coronaviruses & concerns had already been raised about China's ability to maintain strict safety standards, due to accidents at their lab in Beijing.

If intentional, it HAD to be China, because the viral sequencing was going to show some origin from the Chinese Pangolin. If it would have started anywhere else but China, it would have been suspect right away.
The conspiracy theories did start right away.

Old 11-19-2020, 08:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
If this was indeed, created specifically by China to be an 'attack' on the US...this is something the US govt/media can NEVER ALLOW the public to become aware of!!

Old 11-21-2020, 08:48 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Maybe this renewed second wave is the result of the release of some pathogens from our bacterial warfare arsenal as a follow up to what the Chinese released to keep us panicking. Our government did it before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal