U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 07:18 PM

12,598 posts, read 21,227,946 times

Advertisements

This is starting to veer off the conspiracy part, so back on track people, please!

Old 03-20-2020, 07:34 PM

3,455 posts, read 3,505,340 times
Quite a good article about an Italian mum who has been 'wise after the event' and it may be relevant for the USA too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 08:52 PM

115 posts, read 24,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
This is starting to veer off the conspiracy part, so back on track people, please!
OK nobody likes a good conspiracy theory better than me so I’ll bring this back around. Do I highly suspect this is a conspiracy? No, but I think it’s definitely an outside possibility. Here is why....Follow this for a moment. We’ve heard time and time again what the number one issue facing the world as a whole is. Over population. People are just going to consume who live on earth, we’re never going to go back to the 17 or 1800s where we consume what we need from a small plot of land. We’ve advanced to a very technical logical age. Life can bring many comforts and stimulations that it didn’t bring during any period of past life on this planet. But we still have that pesky little problem of overpopulation. It’s been echoing for decades and we all knew it was coming.

We also know that designer viruses can be created by many entities, both private and government run. Every country on the planet pretty much is doing it. So you might ask, well this virus is only deadly to about 1 to 3% of people who are infected so what would be the point? I ask you this, look at the world and how it’s reacting to this. Does it honestly seem in line with a pandemic that’s only slightly more deadly than the common flu? Why didn’t we just isolate the vulnerable people and keep them apart and let the rest of the world go on? Read the history of the Spanish flu. Read how viruses of this type can mutate almost overnight. And when they mutate they mutate to be more viral....well this virus is only killing about 1 to 3% of people who are infected so what would be the point? Give it time. It will develop. A virus is sole purpose is to become stronger and survive. It’s also the perfect virus. It has an incubation period of 5 to 14 days and with your extraordinarily contagious. From time your first infected until the average time you’re no longer contagious is 37 days. Even if we contain this and we think we have it under control and attempt to go back to our regular lives it will flare up again. This virus will move about the globe for years and years.

What am I getting at? I believe this is the first of three phases that will hit the earth that will change life on this planet forever. I believe in the long run it will reduce world population by a dramatic percentage. But leaving in tact the technological advances we made for those who are left to enjoy and build upon.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:58 PM

11,615 posts, read 13,215,240 times
I am so sick of this corona virus crap already. Just so over it. Non stop 24/7.

Old 03-20-2020, 09:33 PM

3,516 posts, read 3,478,322 times
Exclamation A parasite which kills the host (quickly) will not spread as quickly as a less lethal strain

If COVID-19 were an engineered virus, it wasn't an intentional release, but rather an accidental escape. Maybe it wasn't fully baked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvguru6338 View Post
well this virus is only killing about 1 to 3% of people who are infected so what would be the point? Give it time. It will develop. A virus is sole purpose is to become stronger and survive.
An infection which kills even 3% of the hosts within days/weeks of infection is not "stronger".

If COVID-19 does change over time, strains which are less lethal (or at least less quickly lethal) will be more prevalent than the current strain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvguru6338 View Post
tI’s also the perfect virus. It has an incubation period of 5 to 14 days and with your extraordinarily contagious. From time your first infected until the average time you’re no longer contagious is 37 days. Even if we contain this and we think we have it under control and attempt to go back to our regular lives it will flare up again. This virus will move about the globe for years and years.
COVID-19 is hardly the perfect virus; it's not even the perfect member of the coronavirus family. Some of it's more "successful" coronavirus cousins (FCoV, HSV-2, etc) can be carried and spread for years with few or no symptoms.

Last edited by Nonesuch; 03-20-2020 at 10:25 PM..

Old 03-20-2020, 10:23 PM

30 posts, read 4,183 times
Default Is anyone suspicious of the Coronoa Virus 'outbreak'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
we are digging...everywhere.
If I remember correctly the movie Koyaanisqatsi refers to a Hopi prophecy that basically says that if man digs the elements up from the ground great tragedy will follow. Another sobering thought is that the Australian Aborigines have to referred to western/modern man as the mutant race.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:05 PM

15,213 posts, read 4,046,648 times
I will admit Im not entirely sure what goes into a virus being 'patented', and why anyone would even think to do that? Although it does appear like 'coronavirus' in general does have a patent holder..??

For what purpose would anyone patent such a virus? It seems like NO ONE would want their names being associated with such things?

Old 03-21-2020, 08:27 AM

13,160 posts, read 10,648,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
One problem with all these statistics is we don't know how many unreported mild cases there were, where people recovered without ever going in for testing. How many Americans got the flu this past winter or last year, and just stayed home and cooked chicken noodle soup?

Meanwhile Germany has an unusually low death rate compared to their total number of reported COVID-19 infections.
You should not be comparing the deaths now to the cases now, you should be comparing the deaths now to the cases two weeks ago. There is a time lag that you have to take into account.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:44 AM

1,790 posts, read 793,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
You should not be comparing the deaths now to the cases now, you should be comparing the deaths now to the cases two weeks ago. There is a time lag that you have to take into account.
Someone posted here that Germany is counting differently. If someone had a preexisting condition and then got corona virus... they died of the preexisting condition.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:09 AM

3,516 posts, read 3,478,322 times
Angry Blame the confusion on everybody who calls this "The Coronavirus" instead of "COVID-19"

There are uncountable numbers of variants in the "coronavirus" family, including some which are zoonotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I will admit Im not entirely sure what goes into a virus being 'patented', and why anyone would even think to do that? Although it does appear like 'coronavirus' in general does have a patent holder..??

For what purpose would anyone patent such a virus? It seems like NO ONE would want their names being associated with such things?
Read the actual patent filings, they explains things better than any factchecker or science article, including what is patented, and why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or