U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 07:10 AM

3,443 posts, read 3,502,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
We had our choice to follow China's lead or italys and chose the latter.
China is the bogie-man for many Americans so it was a no-brainer to follow Italy's example. The UK as supposed to just put up with it as Boris told us that there were not enough resources for everyone who will need them at hospitals etc. He said there will be deaths etc so we just have to grin-and-bear it. That is another way of dealing with it - although rather extreme. We just have to wait it out and see which of the strategies will be the most effective at stopping the spread of the virus.

I think that because you have guns, you will all start taking matters into your own hands and all hell will break loose unfortunately.

It will be interesting to see how many people die as a result of gunshot wounds and how many will die as a result of the virus. Anyone care to take a guess?

Old 03-23-2020, 07:15 AM

13,099 posts, read 5,425,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
China is the bogie-man for many Americans so it was a no-brainer to follow Italy's example. The UK as supposed to just put up with it as Boris told us that there were not enough resources for everyone who will need them at hospitals etc. He said there will be deaths etc so we just have to grin-and-bear it. That is another way of dealing with it - although rather extreme. We just have to wait it out and see which of the strategies will be the most effective at stopping the spread of the virus.

That's the way we deal with common flu and many other contagious diseases.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:16 AM

21,938 posts, read 23,141,760 times
I'm a bit skeptical at the lack of cannibalism being reported considering the likelihood of cannibals using this crisis as an excuse to act out.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:14 AM

20,363 posts, read 18,376,073 times
I don't know. I don't think so. Nobody benefits and everybody that gains also loses. Economically and politically. I like conspiracies but I think it was just a case of some imbecile getting exposed to something nasty and a crap government that screwed up big time( China) in handling it and let it get out of control.
I guess nobody will call preppers crazy anymore. And the NRA is loving this. And the big retailers and Amazon are making bank. Health care is getting tested to the breaking point. But if the people don't commit to cooperating, all the local and state governments can do is try to enforce the rules imposed on the people and see how they respond. If the people still won't cooperate, then all they can do is step back and let nature take its course. Many people just don't want to be told what to do and feel entitled to doing as they please. Are you going to crack some empty noggins over this?

Old 03-23-2020, 11:35 AM

12,592 posts, read 21,221,786 times
Cat litter! Cat litter is out at Chewy due to demand.

And no one‘s come up with a percentage, but some of this isn’t hoarding as much as it is how can we make a quick buck on eBay. They are doing that by selling toilet paper for a bunch of money. This is what happens when we monetize everything.

As a person who is compromised according to the guidelines, I’m a little concerned. And I have to go out and buy groceries, and cat litter. I get the food from Chewy.

I don’t chafe at being home alone. I got lots of stuff to do.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:40 AM

3,514 posts, read 3,474,734 times
Angry Burglars gotta ply the trade, and won't stop doing B&E just because people are at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I guess nobody will call preppers crazy anymore. And the NRA is loving this.
Anybody else notice a recent uptick in reports of "home invasion" type crimes? A slight increase in news coverage of the ones they can't just ignore (where the resident or the intruder takes a bullet), and also more events in the police blotter?

Seems inevitable -- Even if there are never any significant shortages driving looting, thieves aren't going to switch careers just because most people are home these days.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:30 PM

11,602 posts, read 13,208,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I'm a bit skeptical at the lack of cannibalism being reported considering the likelihood of cannibals using this crisis as an excuse to act out.
They gotta be real careful not to eat contaminated meat. Needs to be cleaned and cooked thoroughly. Cannibals in the same boat as everyone else these days.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:50 PM

15,166 posts, read 4,038,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There is talk that my county is going to be a 'shelter in place' because of all of our new cases. I do not know if that will do any good? If you have a job critical to the infrastructure you are given a pass to drive to work. I do not know how people are supposed to get groceries? Of course this is all rumor right now; but it is supposed to happen shortly.

What does not make any sense to me are the number of planes we still have in the air: https://flightaware.com/live/. I presume many of those are air cargo; but I am sure some are still flying - I would like to know who is flying?
We have a 'stay at home' order in my state, but Im finding out today, that really doesnt mean anything significant, they put out a list of places that can stay open, and its basically everything, (except for florists, gyms, movie theaters, and bookstores), EVERYTHING else is considered 'essential'. LOL...even liquor stores, home improvement stores, dept stores, (clothing), etc. Totally foolish to allow so many places to remain open.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:55 PM

15,166 posts, read 4,038,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I don't know. I don't think so. Nobody benefits and everybody that gains also loses. Economically and politically. I like conspiracies but I think it was just a case of some imbecile getting exposed to something nasty and a crap government that screwed up big time( China) in handling it and let it get out of control.
I guess nobody will call preppers crazy anymore. And the NRA is loving this. And the big retailers and Amazon are making bank. Health care is getting tested to the breaking point. But if the people don't commit to cooperating, all the local and state governments can do is try to enforce the rules imposed on the people and see how they respond. If the people still won't cooperate, then all they can do is step back and let nature take its course. Many people just don't want to be told what to do and feel entitled to doing as they please. Are you going to crack some empty noggins over this?
People do not want to be inconvenienced in ANY WAY, they want to still be able to go the store and buy their beer, cigarettes, lottery candy, snacks, they could not care less if they are spreading the virus, as long as they do not have to sacrifice anything.

Eventually its going to lead to fights and violence, because these careless people are not only impacting their families, its EVERYONE they are putting in danger with their behavior.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:37 PM

15,971 posts, read 12,764,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
We have a 'stay at home' order in my state, but Im finding out today, that really doesnt mean anything significant, they put out a list of places that can stay open, and its basically everything, (except for florists, gyms, movie theaters, and bookstores), EVERYTHING else is considered 'essential'. LOL...even liquor stores, home improvement stores, dept stores, (clothing), etc. Totally foolish to allow so many places to remain open.
That is how it starts and then they add locations as time goes by. Stock up while you can; it might not be that long until you cannot. Have you seen people wearing face mask and gloves while shopping?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or