U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-23-2020, 02:36 PM
 
15,186 posts, read 4,046,648 times
Reputation: 9721

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
That is how it starts and then they add locations as time goes by. Stock up while you can; it might not be that long until you cannot. Have you seen people wearing face mask and gloves while shopping?
VERY VERY few, (maybe 1 out of every 300 people). Our cashiers are wearing gloves, but not masks, I would estimate they serve about 500 people per day.


What I have seen is, LOTS of people willing to stand closely together in lines at our stores. I watched people this morning at the gas pumps, we put hand sanitizer dispensers on the fuel pumps, but not many are using them, they will pump gas like normal and get back in their car, (just imagine how many different people touch that pump handle everyday, at all the different gas stations thru out the country!!!!)



I saw a younger pregnant lady in the store yesterday, she was in line to buy donuts and lottery, she was at the most 15-18" inches away from the people in front and back of her in line. lol

 
Old 03-23-2020, 07:20 PM
 
8,373 posts, read 220,639 times
Reputation: 1141
Hopefully she is healthy!
 
Old 03-23-2020, 08:20 PM
 
8,270 posts, read 4,493,663 times
Reputation: 17846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
Anybody else notice a recent uptick in reports of "home invasion" type crimes? A slight increase in news coverage of the ones they can't just ignore (where the resident or the intruder takes a bullet), and also more events in the police blotter?

Seems inevitable -- Even if there are never any significant shortages driving looting, thieves aren't going to switch careers just because most people are home these days.
Nope. Seen nothing of the sort. What I have seen is hundreds of reports of people helping others and an expanded feeling of community. Why are some people so quick to gleefully anticipate the worst?
 
Old 03-23-2020, 08:41 PM
 
28,368 posts, read 34,942,550 times
Reputation: 37106
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
VERY VERY few, (maybe 1 out of every 300 people). Our cashiers are wearing gloves, but not masks, I would estimate they serve about 500 people per day.


What I have seen is, LOTS of people willing to stand closely together in lines at our stores. I watched people this morning at the gas pumps, we put hand sanitizer dispensers on the fuel pumps, but not many are using them, they will pump gas like normal and get back in their car, (just imagine how many different people touch that pump handle everyday, at all the different gas stations thru out the country!!!!)



I saw a younger pregnant lady in the store yesterday, she was in line to buy donuts and lottery, she was at the most 15-18" inches away from the people in front and back of her in line. lol
Wow. Nothing like that here. People won't even come down the grocery aisle if there is anyone else down there. Walking on opposite sides of the street, etc. Definitely respecting the social distancing where I live.
 
Old 03-23-2020, 08:43 PM
 
28,368 posts, read 34,942,550 times
Reputation: 37106
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
We have a 'stay at home' order in my state, but Im finding out today, that really doesnt mean anything significant, they put out a list of places that can stay open, and its basically everything, (except for florists, gyms, movie theaters, and bookstores), EVERYTHING else is considered 'essential'. LOL...even liquor stores, home improvement stores, dept stores, (clothing), etc. Totally foolish to allow so many places to remain open.
Wow - no clothing/shoe stores open here. LOTS of places are shut down.
 
Old 03-23-2020, 08:44 PM
 
1,430 posts, read 766,317 times
Reputation: 2604
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Bolding your every word does nothing to make them more lucid.
I ignore posts all in bold. They are too hard on the eyes. Maybe if he used comic sans while bolding it would be easier to read?
 
Old 03-23-2020, 09:09 PM
 
6,337 posts, read 2,867,222 times
Reputation: 17596
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Wow. Nothing like that here. People won't even come down the grocery aisle if there is anyone else down there. Walking on opposite sides of the street, etc. Definitely respecting the social distancing where I live.
So there's a bunch of people at the end of every aisle awaiting their turn????
 
Old 03-23-2020, 10:26 PM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
29,430 posts, read 16,974,336 times
Reputation: 10535
I think the correct answer is we should be, but it is far mostly an Occam's Razor situation. The simplest answer is the correct answer. That being it is likely a natural virus. It is not a weaponized virus. It is not a virus that came from lab waste. Did it come from animals, perhaps. Though there is no proof it came directly from bats. It is 96% of a bat virus, but there is no proof a human got it from eating a bat or being bit by a bat. There was likely an animal carrier or two that caused the initial case(s). However we may and very likely will never know the total truth.
 
Old 03-24-2020, 02:13 AM
 
159 posts, read 77,441 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think the correct answer is we should be, but it is far mostly an Occam's Razor situation. The simplest answer is the correct answer. That being it is likely a natural virus. It is not a weaponized virus. It is not a virus that came from lab waste. Did it come from animals, perhaps. Though there is no proof it came directly from bats. It is 96% of a bat virus, but there is no proof a human got it from eating a bat or being bit by a bat. There was likely an animal carrier or two that caused the initial case(s). However we may and very likely will never know the total truth.
Uhm....not so fast. Read these two articles:

CDC Posted Job Listings for Quarantine Advisers in 2019, Months Before Coronavirus Pandemic

COVID-19: Targeting Italy and South Korea? “The Chain of Transmission of Infection”
 
Old 03-24-2020, 04:07 AM
 
Location: PRC
3,450 posts, read 3,503,480 times
Reputation: 3203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I don't know. I don't think so. Nobody benefits and everybody that gains also loses. Economically and politically. I like conspiracies but I think it was just a case of some imbecile getting exposed to something nasty and a crap government that screwed up big time( China) in handling it and let it get out of control.
I guess nobody will call preppers crazy anymore. And the NRA is loving this. And the big retailers and Amazon are making bank. Health care is getting tested to the breaking point. But if the people don't commit to cooperating, all the local and state governments can do is try to enforce the rules imposed on the people and see how they respond. If the people still won't cooperate, then all they can do is step back and let nature take its course. Many people just don't want to be told what to do and feel entitled to doing as they please. Are you going to crack some empty noggins over this?
The end result of that is everyone going wild and a massive shootout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top