U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-24-2020, 04:31 AM
 
8,271 posts, read 4,493,663 times
Reputation: 17846

Advertisements

Okay, I read both articles. My response is "and...?"

What's your point? Be specific.

 
Old 03-24-2020, 08:31 AM
 
229 posts, read 107,732 times
Reputation: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Right now we have 450 invasive pest that are poised to kill 40% of our forest. On my five acres I have already cut down about 40 good size trees that were killed by the hemlock wooly adelids, the emerald ash borers, or a combination of the gypsy moths and other pest. Many of these invasive pest were brought here to make our lives better and it simply did not work out. Some were hitchhikers because we have to buy products for less from other countries. Regardless; we are losing our forest slowly but surely.

Humanity is the same way. When the Spanish flu broke out in 1918 the world population was a little over 1.6 billion. The current world population is 7.8 billion. That is a lot of additional biomass. Then combine that with the fact, that in 1918, it could take a person months to reach the other side of the globe. Today the other side is only a day away. Besides having more of us; we mix and mingle. We love to see, explore, taste and feel everything. We are not content to stay home; we want to party and mix it up with everybody. Plus we are digging and exploring everywhere. Then we are experimenting with everything.

What I am saying is this is predictable. It is like we turned on the switch on the world blender and we were just waiting to see what we could make. I think we did everything possible to help a virus like this one start; it should be no surprise.
I wish I could upvote this a thousand times!
 
Old 03-24-2020, 09:24 AM
 
159 posts, read 77,441 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Okay, I read both articles. My response is "and...?"

What's your point? Be specific.
LOL...my point is that it's good to do your research. What you do with it is your business. Cheers...!

Last edited by Propop; 03-24-2020 at 09:41 AM..
 
Old 03-24-2020, 09:31 AM
 
6,527 posts, read 2,909,914 times
Reputation: 19729
I hate conspiracy theories because 1) they are incredibly dumb and 2) there's no way to refute them. Because when you bring up evidence to refute whatever whackadoodle theory someone develops, the only thing it proves to them is that there's an elaborate coverup.



So a conspiracy theory surrounding COVID-19 would require the following elements: 1) Governments willing to destroy their own economies in order to fake a disease; 2) Doctors and nurses willing to go along with it; 3) A zillion journalists willing to go along with it.



Don't we have enough problems already without some wild-eyed batsh*t crazy loons indulging their paranoia?
 
Old 03-24-2020, 09:47 AM
 
401 posts, read 106,287 times
Reputation: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I hate conspiracy theories because 1) they are incredibly dumb and 2) there's no way to refute them. Because when you bring up evidence to refute whatever whackadoodle theory someone develops, the only thing it proves to them is that there's an elaborate coverup.



So a conspiracy theory surrounding COVID-19 would require the following elements: 1) Governments willing to destroy their own economies in order to fake a disease; 2) Doctors and nurses willing to go along with it; 3) A zillion journalists willing to go along with it.



Don't we have enough problems already without some wild-eyed batsh*t crazy loons indulging their paranoia?
LOL, I 100% agree with this. Problem is this is the section that is for whackadoodle so enjoy it for what it is.

Last edited by sam812; 03-24-2020 at 10:02 AM..
 
Old 03-24-2020, 09:58 AM
 
8,373 posts, read 220,639 times
Reputation: 1141
It always good to question things and come up with our own judgements Minivandriver...
 
Old 03-24-2020, 10:07 AM
 
Location: WMHT
3,514 posts, read 3,476,736 times
Reputation: 4527
Post Question authority, question experts, question yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
LOL, I 100% agree with this. Problem is this is the section that is for whackadoodle so enjoy it for what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
It always good to question things and come up with our own judgements Minivandriver...
As long as we also remember to question our own judgement first -- and last.
 
Old 03-24-2020, 10:14 AM
 
18,963 posts, read 9,669,423 times
Reputation: 11236
Sometimes theyre true
https://bestlifeonline.com/true-conspiracy-theories/
 
Old 03-24-2020, 10:29 AM
 
15,183 posts, read 4,046,648 times
Reputation: 9716
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Wow - no clothing/shoe stores open here. LOTS of places are shut down.
Clothing is considered essential here. lol
 
Old 03-24-2020, 10:32 AM
 
15,183 posts, read 4,046,648 times
Reputation: 9716
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I hate conspiracy theories because 1) they are incredibly dumb and 2) there's no way to refute them. Because when you bring up evidence to refute whatever whackadoodle theory someone develops, the only thing it proves to them is that there's an elaborate coverup.



So a conspiracy theory surrounding COVID-19 would require the following elements: 1) Governments willing to destroy their own economies in order to fake a disease; 2) Doctors and nurses willing to go along with it; 3) A zillion journalists willing to go along with it.



Don't we have enough problems already without some wild-eyed batsh*t crazy loons indulging their paranoia?
You are wrong about that, why would doctors and nurses have to be 'in on it'?


Its not about destroying their economies, its about gaining a new level of control.you can rest assured, the central banks are doing just fine right now. they are even keeping all banks open, even though there is a great chance of runs on banks! That tells me they are not that worried about the economy yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top