U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-26-2020, 07:25 AM
 
Location: Free From The Oppressive State
24,034 posts, read 17,926,819 times
Reputation: 28409

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Okay, feel free to "panic." I prefer to do research and give more credence to the doctors and scientists than the message board knuckleheads.
It's pretty clear that you haven't read my posts, in full, or you lack the comprehension of what I wrote.

I am not panicking. AT. ALL.

What I am sick of is the people who ARE panicking. What they are doing is "over the top", and unnecessary.

How the hell you missed that in my posts, I fail to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I hope you are being cynical.

No, no it isn't an excellent reply. It's illogical and nonsensical. Why would we need a virus, which is having a panic effect on a number of people, to divert from a potential panic effect from the "coming economic collapse". How would anyone devise a virus that originates from some hillbilly from China eating a live bat, how would that even be logistically planned? How would these "planners" work with +200 different independent governments worldwide to "plan" this huge diversion?

This one guy is beyond getting through to, he is a topic of amusement now, one of those extremest that the internet seems to attract. I would hope you aren't buying it...
UGH, again, lack of comprehension. I'm seeing this argument all over the internet.

It's not the virus that was "created as a hoax", it's the fricken response. The response to it is what we are talking about.

JC, what is going on in our schools these days that people lack reading comprehension.

 
Old 03-26-2020, 07:46 AM
 
13,089 posts, read 19,266,128 times
Reputation: 21490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
UGH, again, lack of comprehension. I'm seeing this argument all over the internet.

It's not the virus that was "created as a hoax", it's the fricken response. The response to it is what we are talking about.

JC, what is going on in our schools these days that people lack reading comprehension.
Well, my name is not JC (Jesus Christ), thank you I guess for referring to me as such. But anyways...

In my comment I wasn't referring or referencing to your thread at all, I didn't read it and don't have any interest in it, but to another. I have only time to laugh at one conspiracy theory at a time. However, the response is due to the virus. You can't separate one without the other. If you say the response is a hoax, obviously you are saying the virus is a hoax. Are the infection rates and death rates fake news? Are the medical reports about the need for social distancing fake? Again every country in the world is engaged in that activity in some way, shape, or form.

It's not reading comprehension that's the issue here when considering his theory, but logic comprehension. What did they teach in YOUR school?
 
Old 03-26-2020, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,972 posts, read 12,767,829 times
Reputation: 12026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Well, my name is not JC (Jesus Christ), thank you I guess for referring to me as such. But anyways...

In my comment I wasn't referring or referencing to your thread at all, I didn't read it and don't have any interest in it, but to another. I have only time to laugh at one conspiracy theory at a time. However, the response is due to the virus. You can't separate one without the other. If you say the response is a hoax, obviously you are saying the virus is a hoax. Are the infection rates and death rates fake news? Are the medical reports about the need for social distancing fake? Again every country in the world is engaged in that activity in some way, shape, or form.

It's not reading comprehension that's the issue here when considering his theory, but logic comprehension. What did they teach in YOUR school?
If I was going to suggest a conspiracy I would look at the world map of the corona virus cases: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-2020-n1120686. Right now there are three African countries and Antarctica that have no confirmed cases; so I would think they are probably the culprits behind this outbreak. Of course in a few days that list can be shorter. And I would imagine that Antarctica is the real culprit. Here we thought it was bats and it was penguins all along!
 
Old 03-26-2020, 08:16 AM
 
402 posts, read 106,287 times
Reputation: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If I was going to suggest a conspiracy I would look at the world map of the corona virus cases: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-2020-n1120686. Right now there are three African countries and Antarctica that have no confirmed cases; so I would think they are probably the culprits behind this outbreak. Of course in a few days that list can be shorter. And I would imagine that Antarctica is the real culprit. Here we thought it was bats and it was penguins all along!
I think you nailed it. This is by far the most logical conspiracy theory I have seen in this thread.
 
Old 03-26-2020, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Free From The Oppressive State
24,034 posts, read 17,926,819 times
Reputation: 28409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Well, my name is not JC (Jesus Christ), thank you I guess for referring to me as such. But anyways...

In my comment I wasn't referring or referencing to your thread at all, I didn't read it and don't have any interest in it, but to another. I have only time to laugh at one conspiracy theory at a time. However, the response is due to the virus. You can't separate one without the other. If you say the response is a hoax, obviously you are saying the virus is a hoax. Are the infection rates and death rates fake news? Are the medical reports about the need for social distancing fake? Again every country in the world is engaged in that activity in some way, shape, or form.

It's not reading comprehension that's the issue here when considering his theory, but logic comprehension. What did they teach in YOUR school?
Failed again. I said, "I've seen this argument all over the internet" because people have no comprehension that it's not the virus that is the hoax when people talk about hoaxes. It's the response that people are having an issue with. It doesn't matter if it was my post you were referring to, the argument is the same.

No, the response is NOT "due to the virus" - you believe that only because that's what the overreaching governments have been telling you, and people are actually buying into that horse crap. We've had way worse and there was nothing like this. We have way worse every single year, and there's nothing like this.

The fact that so many people are accepting such overreach by their local governments is pathetic.
 
Old 03-26-2020, 08:37 AM
 
402 posts, read 106,287 times
Reputation: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Failed again. I said, "I've seen this argument all over the internet" because people have no comprehension that it's not the virus that is the hoax when people talk about hoaxes. It's the response that people are having an issue with. It doesn't matter if it was my post you were referring to, the argument is the same.

No, the response is NOT "due to the virus" - you believe that only because that's what the overreaching governments have been telling you, and people are actually buying into that horse crap. We've had way worse and there was nothing like this. We have way worse every single year, and there's nothing like this.

The fact that so many people are accepting such overreach by their local governments is pathetic.
Please give some real life examples of things that are WAY worse every year.

I am just the opposite, I can't believe how many complete morons are not taking it serious. This is just my honest opinion. I would love to hear specifics from you and not just the very vague BS you are spewing.
 
Old 03-26-2020, 08:41 AM
 
13,089 posts, read 19,266,128 times
Reputation: 21490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Failed again. I said, "I've seen this argument all over the internet" because people have no comprehension that it's not the virus that is the hoax when people talk about hoaxes. It's the response that people are having an issue with. It doesn't matter if it was my post you were referring to, the argument is the same.

No, the response is NOT "due to the virus" - you believe that only because that's what the overreaching governments have been telling you, and people are actually buying into that horse crap. We've had way worse and there was nothing like this. We have way worse every single year, and there's nothing like this.

The fact that so many people are accepting such overreach by their local governments is pathetic.
Hey be careful, you proclaimed me Jesus afterall. Don't talk to your Lord like this.

I was going to add more and actually agree on SOME of your points...then I realized I don't care to discuss further. Even Jesus loses patience.
 
Old 03-26-2020, 12:50 PM
 
8,373 posts, read 220,639 times
Reputation: 1141
Quote:
Failed again. I said, "I've seen this argument all over the internet" because people have no comprehension that it's not the virus that is the hoax when people talk about hoaxes. It's the response that people are having an issue with. It doesn't matter if it was my post you were referring to, the argument is the same.

No, the response is NOT "due to the virus" - you believe that only because that's what the overreaching governments have been telling you, and people are actually buying into that horse crap. We've had way worse and there was nothing like this. We have way worse every single year, and there's nothing like this.

The fact that so many people are accepting such overreach by their local governments is pathetic.
Another excellent reply Three Wolves In Snow!!
 
Old 03-26-2020, 01:52 PM
 
Location: WMHT
3,514 posts, read 3,476,736 times
Reputation: 4527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
Remember when people were dropping like flies with severe chest infections and they blamed it on vaping or E-Cigarettes? Well, that was the coronavirus. "As of November 21, the CDCTrusted Source has confirmed 2,290 vaping related lung injury cases, with 47 deaths. Cases have been reported in all states except Alaska, along with the District of Columbia and two U.S. territories. Deaths have been confirmed in 25 states and Washington D.C., with more being investigated." You can read the full story here. I know many don't want to believe, or don't want to hear it, or whatever...but the coronavirus started HERE in the USA. That's all I'm going to say. Yes sure, questions come to mind; how did it get to China and other parts of the world, and so on. Do your homework. People can Google the whole vaping E-Cigarette incidents and follow the timeline. They didn't call it coronavirus then but that's what it was/is. I know I'll probably have rants from this post...but that's just the way it is.
So every doctor and hospital who treated the EVALI patients totally missed seeing the viral infection? Or there were dozens of doctors in on the conspiracy? And given that there was no attempt to isolate the patients, why were there zero cases of community transmission of 2019-nCoV from EVALI patients to the vulnerable hospital patients in the next bed?

Weird how all those Americans hospitalized with "EVALI" (lung injury) just happened to all be vape users? If the true cause had been 2019-nCoV, wouldn't the virus have shown up in people who exclusively smoked pot and tobacco the old fashioned way (smoke), instead of exclusively affecting vapeheads?

You could have at least postulated that the bad vape juice originated in Wuhan to make this a little more believable
 
Old 03-26-2020, 02:36 PM
 
8,270 posts, read 4,493,663 times
Reputation: 17846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's pretty clear that you haven't read my posts, in full, or you lack the comprehension of what I wrote.

I am not panicking. AT. ALL.

What I am sick of is the people who ARE panicking. What they are doing is "over the top", and unnecessary.

How the hell you missed that in my posts, I fail to understand.



UGH, again, lack of comprehension. I'm seeing this argument all over the internet.

It's not the virus that was "created as a hoax", it's the fricken response. The response to it is what we are talking about.

JC, what is going on in our schools these days that people lack reading comprehension.
Your posts are all over the place to the point of not being lucid. And no, I might not read every staggering word of disjointed prose; brevity is your friend; at least you don't bold every word. You have a problem with people calling the virus deadly or highly contagious, both of which they are. That is not "panic," that is reality. I agree that anyone panicking is over the top, but I do not see buying extra supplies as panic, even if you do. Do whatever you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top