Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2020, 05:49 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

Advertisements

I would like to know more about the human testing currently going on. I keep looking for some positive news about a wonder drug or successful vaccine. I know that we have built up the bureaucracy surrounding how this testing has to be done; which could take years. But I am curious if the nature of this beast has a very fast track and if anybody is getting promising results.

Maybe it is just way too early? But it would be great news if there are promising results and, right now, we need some good news!

Old 04-03-2020, 07:01 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
Maybe think this SOCIAL DISTANCING thing is to keep people from talking about this.... (Like we are here)

Obviously social distancing isn't to silence anyone - there are inventions called "the phone", and "media", and "the internet".

Old 04-03-2020, 08:31 AM

746 posts, read 1,324,897 times
The infection numbers <--- are questionable.

The MSM vs Citizen Journalists: who is telling the truth. <---

The pre-planned global response <--- i.e. the plan-demic was planned in advance.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:40 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,672,673 times
Post ResearchGate published (then withdrew) a brief article by Botao Xiao and Lei Xiao from Guangzhou, China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I ask, because I just saw a video yesterday by an MD in the UK
. . .
He said two or three independent scientists in different countries, who published articles analyzing the DNA of the virus and stated that it was clearly engineered, had their publications pulled. I know this is a wild and outrageous accusation, & I'll need to watch the 1-hr. video again, to see if he shows documentation of said patent. I think he did show slides of one of the articles.
Maybe his "had their publications pulled" claim is referring to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ignatius, Opinion writer for WaPo
And then there’s the Chinese study that was curiously withdrawn. In February, a site called ResearchGate published a brief article by Botao Xiao and Lei Xiao from Guangzhou’s South China University of Technology. “In addition to origins of natural recombination and intermediate host, the killer coronavirus probably originated from a laboratory in Wuhan. Safety level may need to be reinforced in high risk biohazardous laboratories,” the article concluded.
That's from a 1 page "pre-print" (no peer review) paper dated Feb 6th. Co-Author Botao Xiao studied in the USA (Northwestern University) and left work in Wuhan well before the outbreak. Also note that this is not claiming the virus was engineered -- these laboratories often study samples of viruses collected from bats, etc -- so they could have potentially leaked unadulterated bat virus, no genetic funny business or engineering involved (which would match up with what is reported by many independent researchers in sequencing the RNA of COVID-19 samples).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSJ
Mr. Xiao told The Wall Street Journal he had withdrawn his paper.The speculation about the possible origins in the post was based on published papers and media, and was not supported by direct proofs,” he said in a brief email on Feb. 26.
Was Botao Xiao pressured by China to pull his speculative paper? No doubt. OTOH, that pressure doesn't mean his supposition was correct, just that, true or false, it reflected poorly on China.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:44 AM

19,716 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post

Obviously social distancing isn't to silence anyone - there are inventions called "the phone", and "media", and "the internet".
Yeah, good thing they're rolling out 5G now, huh....

Old 04-03-2020, 08:53 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
It is great, it's like going for a old dirt road to traveling down an interstate. Gotta love advancements in technology.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
It is....but with the stay at home orders it doesn't really apply as people are using there home internet wifi rather than data.
But just the point - face-to-face communication for sharing of information is really so last century, or even the century before.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
Okay...so where does it say in "terms and conditions" that "we're not allowed to post in bold?" I use the feature for fun not to try to make my post appear more important. Just like I use the emoticons sometimes as well. I'm a creative person...LOL I guess the italics I'm using won't be permitted either? We'll see. I do agree about the "all caps" though. Carry on..!
Don't blame that gentle lady. It was Bill Gates I tell you!
You remember where I pledged obedience to his unholy cause if he would grant me that one wish? He is all knowing, and listed to my plea.
He is now my master.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unex...l#post57726679

Old 04-03-2020, 10:08 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I would like to know more about the human testing currently going on. I keep looking for some positive news about a wonder drug or successful vaccine. I know that we have built up the bureaucracy surrounding how this testing has to be done; which could take years. But I am curious if the nature of this beast has a very fast track and if anybody is getting promising results.

Maybe it is just way too early? But it would be great news if there are promising results and, right now, we need some good news!
Too early imo.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:19 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

It's only just begun. The last I heard, week before last, Kaiser Permanente in Seattle was recruiting test subjects. So the process is in its infancy. Johnson & Johnson also has said they have a vaccine under development; I don't know where they're at, at this point. In any case, it will be awhile before the labs have enough info to make any public statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal