U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 01:49 PM

13,091 posts, read 5,425,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I do admit, there seems to be a big difference between how its impacting China versus in the US, Im not sure on todays totals, but it hasnt been fatal for THAT many people in the US.

And yet, the number of deaths significantly exceeds the number recovered.

Recovered 74, Deaths 99. (per this chart at this moment, will likely be different in two minutes)

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
That link has all the statistics from around the world. It is interesting to see which countries are faring the best. The reason is if any one country was responsible for introducing this new virus; maybe they had quietly immunized their population against it or built it to attack certain characteristics that other countries had and they did not? So far it does not look like that is the case; but time will tell as this disease progresses.

On the other hand, Asian countries seem to have a much better handle on containing it and stabilizing it.

Old 03-17-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Good thinking, kidding - by way of China and Italy and Australia -- to get to the USA?No.

I believe if I were capable of coming up with a virus on purpose for the USA ---it would be easier
for a one RT plane ticket to spread it in NYC.
If you had the time and money then go all around the White House and let it fly.

If you want to get caught, do it directly. If you want to get away with it, do it indirectly and make sure you get yourself hurt a little, too.

Old 03-17-2020, 03:07 PM

460 posts, read 94,288 times
I feel it is a test for mass manipulation. The news media has always worked in harmony. Those that control information flow actually create perception and a false reality. The corona virus is a joke. Do you really think anyone in the media or the government care about the elderly? They want them to die.

Just look at the statistics of the virus itself. 80% have little to no symptoms, a sniffle. Some don't even know they have it. look at the death rate. It is minimal. 50k folks die every year at the hospital for an illness they get while at the hospital. Folks are home now listening to the media likes its truthful entity.

Public employee's do exactly what they are told. Politicians play follow the leader. This whole thing is a test. the mers in 2012 was a corona virus. For the old folks that die, it was there time. old people die, what do you want, we all die.

Old 03-17-2020, 03:57 PM

17,965 posts, read 13,466,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDABaptist View Post
I feel it is a test for mass manipulation. The news media has always worked in harmony.
I understand ---but, a test for what, exactly? You say mass manip. OK.
But who is really doing the testing? We know already we can be mass manipulated.
Try yelling fire in a 10 story building.

Sorry, forget I asked you...I will never be reading it.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 03-17-2020 at 04:16 PM..

Old 03-17-2020, 04:00 PM

17,965 posts, read 13,466,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
If you want to get caught, do it directly. If you want to get away with it, do it indirectly and make sure you get yourself hurt a little, too.
I get that.
You don't think it was a bit much just to 'get the USA'?

Now - I get financial things - I sold high a few weeks ago and now I have just 'bought low'.
This will make billionaires.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:15 PM

460 posts, read 94,288 times
Quote:
I understand ---but, a test for what, exactly? You say mass manip. OK.
But who is really doing the testing? We know already we can be mass manipulated.
Try yelling fire in a 10 story building.
A Global scale mass pandemic with global economy on halt is a little different than a 10 story building wouldn't you say?

A virus will runs it's course no matter what. There was a corona virus strain in 2012-the mers-corona virus. So this is nothing new. Though the fear aspect and the control level is on a world wide scale with everyone falling in line is very organized and in harmony. It's what moves behind the scenes not what is plain to see.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I get that.
You don't think it was a bit much just to 'get the USA'?

Now - I get financial things - I sold high a few weeks ago and now I have just 'bought low'.
This will make billionaires.

I don't think it's just to 'get the USA'. It's getting Europe pretty good, too.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:40 PM

1,780 posts, read 790,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
This thing went from like 0 to 11 like overnight.
That's what's weird to me. It's been lingering around in the background for months and then BAM! mass hysteria. Seems alotta misinformation going around as well. Like oh it's no big deal unless you are old or already health compromised. And then it's like oh how dare you make light of this! It's killing everyone we're all gonna die!
IDK.
It makes me suspicious too. I am also suspicious of the way the government seems to not want to test people. That would seem to be a way to keep the fear up. If you actually tested all the people who had it, perhaps it would be obvious the tiny number who would die.

I am also suspicious at how we can't get the most basic of information. In my state every day there is a briefing and every day they fail to tell us where the cases are (county) and every day the comments light up asking for that. Why wouldn't they tell us that ? To keep the atmosphere of confusion and fear.

For years now where I work they have been obsessed with their continuity of operations planning and now they got to use it. Almost feels like there are far too many people in this country who are either professionally obsessed with disaster or informally obsessed and these industries saw their opportunity.

Old 03-17-2020, 05:25 PM

15,971 posts, read 12,764,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
On the other hand, Asian countries seem to have a much better handle on containing it and stabilizing it.
The Asian countries know how to wear a face mask! You look at Americans wearing face mask and none of us know how to wear one. Perhaps we feel uncomfortable wearing a mask?

In early January I had a chest infection and cough and went to the doctor's office. I wore a mask to prevent spreading the disease I had to other patients and health care professionals. But, even when sick, most of us do not wear a mask. Sometimes the receptionist will wear one at the doctor's office; but that is an exception to the rule.

It might just be because the Asians have very populated cities and that is how they learned to cope with disease and air pollution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or