U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 07:23 AM

13,091 posts, read 5,425,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
No one in my town seems to be sneezing or even coughing!
I'm the only one with surgical gloves on so I don't touch my face. Works well!

How exactly does wearing surgical gloves prevent you from touching your face?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 07:38 AM

7,213 posts, read 1,389,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I decided to put this on the 'unexplained/mysteries' board because of the theory being discussed.

I was out earlier today and to be honest, it looked like any other sunday around here, I stopped at work briefly, they were fairly busy, about normal for a cold sunday afternoon, I stopped by Lowes to get some lumber for a project, there were PLENTY of people shopping there, I also stopped at Walmart to get a few things, same thing, PLENTY of people out shopping, in fact, the cashier lines were LONG at walmart, (so Im guessing large retail stores will be the next to close down, since they want to target places where 25 or more people congregate). I also called in a pizza to pick up, they were business as usual for a sunday too.

Yet I keep hearing people from other cities saying their area is like a ghost town, no one eating out or shopping, Im not sure what to make of this?

I also heard today that OH gov ordered all restaurants to be closed starting at 9m tonight, I would bet, large retail stores are next to be closed, Im not sure if they will close gas stations or not, its possible, because we have ALOT of people coming and going thru the day.

Im starting to wonder if there is something else going on and the virus is a disguise...maybe this is a plan to devastate the US economy intentionally or 'cull the herd' so to speak. Maybe I am just distrustful of Govt, or maybe Im just too much of a conspiracy theorist?!! lol

Anyone care to comment or add a theory?
Why would anyone invent or exaggerate a world wide story just to devastate the US economy, when it will devastate other economies?

Viruses mutate. There is no need to look further to explain something that is common.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:50 AM

17,965 posts, read 13,466,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
How exactly does wearing surgical gloves prevent you from touching your face?
I guess it's a psychological thing...the subconscious mind knows ya
can't really scratch anything - not even your scalp, really --- touching your nose with latex? Ick...
there is no urge in me.
Maybe that would not be the case for you.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:53 AM

17,965 posts, read 13,466,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Why would anyone invent or exaggerate a world wide story just to devastate the US economy, when it will devastate other economies?
Viruses mutate. There is no need to look further to explain something that is common.
Boredom? No.
Diabolical people could have their diabolical reasons! It could collapse the Market ---
they buy low and wait for all to go back to normal in a yr or 2 - triple their $$.
I invested just yesterday.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post

Maybe the goal is to damage all economies?

Maybe the idea is if you can't compete then bring it all to a standstill.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:04 PM

3,443 posts, read 3,502,019 times
Chinese medical authorities have found that an antiviral drug called “favipiravir” has shown promise in treating COVID-19 patients

Quote:
The drug, known also by its market name Avigan and developed by a Japanese Fujifilm subsidiary called Fujifilm Toyama Chemical, was reportedly able to turn COVID-19 tests negative for those who were infected after just four days as part of a trial involving 240 patients from Wuhan, China, and 80 patients in Shenzhen.

Without treatment, the median time was 11 days

The drug also appeared to improve lung condition in 91 percent of patients, compared to just 62 percent whose lung conditions improved without the drug.
Maybe there is an alternative to a vaccine. I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I invested just yesterday.
If I were you, I would wait for a few months unless you have other money you want to invest. This thing will not stop in the next few weeks unfortunately. Possibly better to place your money into physical things as there has already been a (small) run on the banks and things can only get worse before they get better.

Quote:
Indeed a mask is a cultural issue in China as, not just because of a virus, the big cities are damn polluted. But I think for this you have to wear a certain type of mask.
Yes, its true. The coronavirus face masks are useless for pollution (too thin and no air pollution filter), and the pollution ones have a valve in them to allow your breath out easily. That would not be effective for coronavirus though.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

There are a number of existing anti-viral drugs that have shown some effectiveness. Not sure why it takes our system so long to get it done. Here's a list, that also includes the one above.

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/news/p...he-coronavirus

Old 03-18-2020, 06:41 PM

3,443 posts, read 3,502,019 times
This morning(here) we have:
From the previously posted link

Old 03-18-2020, 06:50 PM

Is anyone concerned that deaths exceed recoveries and the difference continues to grow? If it stays at the current pace, that 9241 confirmed will eventually be 5500 dead.

Old 03-18-2020, 07:18 PM

5,415 posts, read 1,480,386 times
Creating a perfect opening for China-based investors to buy US real estate on the cheap, and sweep up stock for double digit returns in a very short time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or