Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2020, 08:34 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,062,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It may have been an accident or intentional to create demand for a vaccine but it most definitely came from the Wuhan lab. The WHO was entangled with the CCP & the CDC is ensnared by the WHO. Their idea of public health is defined by vaccines. COVID was a Pandora's Box.

The irony that the same people who defend COVID as 'natural' or 'zoonotic' are the first to defend vaccines should only be escaping the most naive of us. Apparently there are a lot of very naive people.
Besides the fact that RaTG13 continued to be studied in 2017 and 2018, and that the sample has suddenly disintegrated this year, this story also raises the question: What is the EcoHealth/WIV workflow when they discover a cluster of SARS-like cases with an unidentified pathogen?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6178078/

It's a dead end because no one else has access to these virus samples that have apparently disintegrated after serving their purpose of being published in Nature.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bioproject/606165

Old 07-06-2020, 08:38 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,062,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
The story goes that the wet market was the story released to cover for the lab (WCDC Wuhan Center for Disease Control) that is within 240 meters of the wet market.

A group of researchers in alleged secret WCDC lab are attacked by Chinese horseshoe bats which serve as natural reservoirs for the SARS-coronavirus. There are no populations of Chinese horseshoe bats within 900 km of Wuhan, except in labs.
Of course, the editing is much more widespread than what we see in evolution. The most likely culprits are APOBEC1 or APOBEC3A.

https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/6/25/eabb5813

Old 07-08-2020, 09:29 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Of course, the editing is much more widespread than what we see in evolution. The most likely culprits are APOBEC1 or APOBEC3A.

https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/6/25/eabb5813
Evidence for host-dependent RNA editing in the transcriptome of SARS-CoV-2

What is this? Its like being in a nano-based sci-fi movie.

APOBEC1 is the catalytic component of an RNA editing complex but shows homology to activation-induced cytidine deaminase (AID), a protein whose function is to potentiate diversification of immunoglobulin gene DNA.

APOBEC1 and its homologs APOBEC3C and APOBEC3G exhibit potent DNA mutator activity.

APOBEC3A (Apolipoprotein B MRNA Editing Enzyme Catalytic Subunit 3A) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with APOBEC3A include Plantar Wart and Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa. Among its related pathways are Human cytomegalovirus.

While APOBEC3A was a strong deaminator of both C and 5-methylcytosine, AID and APOBEC3G were much weaker in their ability to deaminate this modified base. APOBEC3A was able to deaminate dsDNA undergoing transcription suggests a genomic cost of a deamination-based retroviral restriction system.

This gene is a member of the polynucleotide cytosine deaminase gene family. It is one of seven related genes or pseudogenes found in a cluster, thought to result from gene duplication, on chromosome 22. Members of the cluster encode proteins that are structurally and functionally related to the C to U RNA-editing cytidine deaminase APOBEC1. The APOBEC3 family of DNA editing enzymes are thought to be part of the innate immune system by restricting retroviruses, mobile genetic elements like retrotransposons and endogenous retroviruses. In addition, APOBEC3A is an important restrictive factor for HIV-1 and other lentiviruses found in primates. APOBEC3A is highly expressed in monocytes and macrophages upon stimulation with interferon. <-- nasty drug.

The cellular function of APOBEC3A is likely to be the destruction of foreign DNA through extensive deamination of cytosine. Cytosine is a compound found in living tissue as a constituent base of nucleic acids. It is paired with guanine in double-stranded DNA. Cytosine carries genetic information of organisms. It is present both in DNA and RNA and participates in the genetic code of the genes. Cytosine also plays different roles in the other cells. It acts as an energy carrier and cofactor cytidine triphosphate (CTP).

WTF!?!?!?!? Why not both?

Honestly, I hope I don't understand this. I don't like it one bit. If I have to pick only one, my best uneducated guess is APOBEC3A.

Are Gilead's anti-replicating drugs doing anything? They cured HepC. Are they curing this?

P.S. Cant rep you till I spread it around, lol

Last edited by ComeCloser; 07-08-2020 at 10:02 PM..

Old 07-09-2020, 03:18 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
I dont think the 'End' will come through a virus but more likely to come from a natural disaster. Simply because there have been natural disasters before which were the cause of almost 100% wipeout of humans.

I have been reading Graham Hancock Fingerprints of the Gods and Magicians of the Gods and both give ample evidence of a huge flood which lasted less than a month, around the time of the last Ice Age. It raced across the landscape hundreds of feet deep sweeping away all but those who were on the highest mountains. There is also the possibility of the arctic and antarctic ice building up and placing a huge strain on the Earth making its tectonic plates move over the inner core.

There have been civilisations which have disappeared suddenly and completely without any warning. They leave their cooking utensils behind, so it was unplanned and sudden. There have been mammoths which have been quick-frozen in Siberia with undigested food in their stomachs. These are the kind of disasters where the evidence is still around if we care to search for it.

ComeCloser, there is technology out there which does not use up resources like the ones you mention. Large battery chargers such as John Bedini developed for example. If you are a technical person, you will know how to use it.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:20 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I dont think the 'End' will come through a virus but more likely to come from a natural disaster. Simply because there have been natural disasters before which were the cause of almost 100% wipeout of humans.

I have been reading Graham Hancock Fingerprints of the Gods and Magicians of the Gods and both give ample evidence of a huge flood which lasted less than a month, around the time of the last Ice Age. It raced across the landscape hundreds of feet deep sweeping away all but those who were on the highest mountains. There is also the possibility of the arctic and antarctic ice building up and placing a huge strain on the Earth making its tectonic plates move over the inner core.

There have been civilisations which have disappeared suddenly and completely without any warning. They leave their cooking utensils behind, so it was unplanned and sudden. There have been mammoths which have been quick-frozen in Siberia with undigested food in their stomachs. These are the kind of disasters where the evidence is still around if we care to search for it.

ComeCloser, there is technology out there which does not use up resources like the ones you mention. Large battery chargers such as John Bedini developed for example. If you are a technical person, you will know how to use it.
The floods are already going on in China right now. I think they're @ 40 days of rain, flood waters over 700ft and rising.

(Wu-han ~ got you all in check)

Old 07-09-2020, 09:11 PM

They get these floods every year around the same time. Just like in the winter they get ice on the power lines too.

The problem is with so much rain, where people live, the water comes off the mountains and creates mud slides which take away houses and people on its way down to the valleys. Then the water flowing off the mountains gets into the rivers and it overflows the river banks further downstream into the cities which are naturally built next to the rivers.

People need to live higher up away from the flood plains I guess and stop clearing and cultivating the mountainsides too.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:25 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The people who are saying there is no evidence that the virus came from a lab are virologists.

Occam's razor: the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. It is actually easier for Mother Nature to make a new virus than for humans to do it in a lab.

Do you think that SARS-1 and MERS were also man made?

There would be no need to create a new virus in the lab in order to work on a vaccine. There were already a large number of coronaviruses to work with.
Yet none of them worked for humans.

Oocam's Razor supports lab origin. This whole bat to pangolin to wet market to BOOM! is looking pretty preposterous at this point. The CCP could clear it up rather quickly but they refuse.

Watching Austraila's rates to see if their March-May flu vaccine campaign would be correlated with a COVID surge for a while, remember?
Quote:
Australia ... Beware June.

This isn't the science thread. I am not under a burden of proof. I am simply speculating that Australia should beware June.
Well I underestimated the lag time. It's July & they are surging. Australian's on the big thread are blaming it on a not careful security guard. People have been 'not careful' through this entire thing. Australians might just be more susceptible to it now, thanks to the flu vaccine.

Also wondering if the initial credit given to HCQ in China was misplaced. I don't think the reason Rhematoid Arthritis patients were less susceptible to COVID because they were on HCQ. I think they were less susceptible to COVID because China's flu vaccine was an LAIV, which is contraindicated for RA patients. They didn't get the vaccine, were less susceptible to COVID & scientists mistakenly credited the HCQ.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:56 PM
SFX

1,637 posts, read 892,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Thank you.
But considering that we still have a total world wide death toll that is less than half of the worldwide birth rate, its really showing that the virus hasn't done much - at least not yet.
The lockdowns and shut downs did produce a drastic drop in deaths for young people. Both US and European data shows this clearly.

Turns out car accidents are the leading cause of death for the young, and not going to school (or anywhere else) really put a dent in deaths for the young.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:38 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Yet none of them worked for humans.

Oocam's Razor supports lab origin. This whole bat to pangolin to wet market to BOOM! is looking pretty preposterous at this point. The CCP could clear it up rather quickly but they refuse.

Watching Austraila's rates to see if their March-May flu vaccine campaign would be correlated with a COVID surge for a while, remember?

Well I underestimated the lag time. It's July & they are surging. Australian's on the big thread are blaming it on a not careful security guard. People have been 'not careful' through this entire thing. Australians might just be more susceptible to it now, thanks to the flu vaccine.

Also wondering if the initial credit given to HCQ in China was misplaced. I don't think the reason Rhematoid Arthritis patients were less susceptible to COVID because they were on HCQ. I think they were less susceptible to COVID because China's flu vaccine was an LAIV, which is contraindicated for RA patients. They didn't get the vaccine, were less susceptible to COVID & scientists mistakenly credited the HCQ.
It is a lot easier to explain that SARS-CoV-2 emerged in exactly the way that SARS and MERS did than to invoke a researcher just happening to invent a virus that has components homologous with bat and pangolin viruses.

The outbreaks in Australia are largely in immigrant communities. Contact tracing has determined how it spread. That is basic epidemiology. Do you have any source that says what the flu vaccination rate is in those areas?

China uses inactivated influenza vaccine, trivalent and quadrivalent.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30462947/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31838802/

This Chinese study showed an increased risk of COVID-19 in RA patients compared to family members without RA and lower risk if taking HCQ compared to not taking it.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...227-7/fulltext

Perhaps it would be best not to promulgate your own unsubstantiated theories about flu vaccine and COVID-19 here on CD.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:18 PM

Pseudo-science is so bitchy sometimes. Real scientists probably do not come here on CD to post with a bunch of non-scientists, pseudo-scientists, and wannabe-scientists.

Quote:
Perhaps it would be best not to promulgate your own unsubstantiated theories about flu vaccine and COVID-19 here on CD.
This is NOT EVEN the health forum, and besides you and others have posted many scientists papers which conclude differing outcomes and conclusions. Unsubstantiated theories abound in the early days of a pandemic and this is still early days regardless of the rush to get papers published.

Even peer-reviewed papers do not mean a scientific consensus of opinion. Papers and research is only as good as the research which is being documented and scientists which do not agree with an outcome will pick holes in and criticize the methods and practices used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal