Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 04:55 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times

Advertisements

My offer of 10k for Bigfoot DNA or 100k for a carcass brought no responses so let's try again. These are lesser known creatures.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/article...local-cryptids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2020, 12:09 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
My offer of 10k for Bigfoot DNA or 100k for a carcass brought no responses so let's try again. These are lesser known creatures.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/article...local-cryptids
You do realize its looking like Bigfoot DNA is 'human, but with a specific mutation'?

Alot of those cryptids are the same thing too, 'Rou Garou/ Loup Garou' is same thing as a werewolf, MI dogman, OH grassman are also said to be Dogmen.

Whenever I hear about all these other strange cryptids, I always ask, how many sighting reports are there of this thing? If you look up sightings for the half man half bunny thing...realistically, how many people have claimed to see this...NOT MANY... Look up vampires, (the ones with fangs, that can fly and do all kinds of other impressive stuff), how many sighting reports do you see online for REAL vampires? Again...NOT MANY.

Now, look up REAL werewolf sighting, or REAL bigfoot sightings...there are 10s of 1000s of sightings reported, going back decades!!

My point is, there is a major difference here.

If people were making up werewolf sightings...why would they not make up vampire encounters as well, (or claims to see other cryptids)? Both are very popular in movies?

This is what I was talking about in my werewolf thread, the AMOUNT of sighting reports (from all over the world), adds some credibility, Some of those cryptids were only seen ONCE too, like the OH frog man (which was proven a fraud long ago, nothing of the sort even happened), and the goblin case from KY...again, that was ONE report, NO ONE else has ever claimed to see these things.

Last edited by rstevens62; 03-14-2020 at 12:22 AM..

Old 03-14-2020, 03:07 AM

6,945 posts, read 6,869,734 times
I believe the goblins of KY have been reported quite a lot over the years, often as different descriptions but often whitish color. The Hellier series uses those goblins as the starting point for their investigations I believe.

I suspect there are things living in caves which people see and report occasionally (if they get out again alive) and these huge cave systems could easily hide whole groups of cryptids.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:36 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Cryptids. I've seen...odd...animals whilst out in remote places. Nothing like a Bigfoot, Werewolf or Nessie but strange and like nothing I'd seen in the wild before.

My son and I were out on horses. Riding a valley between a lower rang of hills and a full on mountain range. We stopped to take a break and looked at our back trail and noticed we were being followed.

Two critters. Very dark brown or maybe black about four hundred yards or so back. They were pretty large, over a hundred pounds by the scale with the brush and rocks. Heavier in the front, neck shoulders and head and looked like they radically sloped to the back. Like hyenas.

They had tails that were fairly long but curved back over their hips. They moved easily and quickly, no clumsiness at all and were fairly tall.

We could see them pretty well with our binos. They stopped and sort of circled around when we stopped but didnt try to close in. They did give off a stalking vibe though. I had a 45 handgun and my son had a shirt shotgun on his saddle.

They were pretty well out of range for either piece and stayed there. If either of us had a good rifle we would have taken them out. They looked dangerous. A d there were two alike. That was the really strange thing.

Coydog hybrids aren't uncommon and we were close to the border of the rez. Lots of various stray digs out there. Their ears were tall and pointy and their heads had a yotish look but the bodies were just weird.

And they moved like predators. They kept following when we moved back out but didnt close. They peeled off after a bit and disappeared into the low hills. Never saw them again.

Everybody we told about them including a local game officer who is also a wildlife biologist spitballs some sort of feral dog/yote mix.

Whatever they were spooky is a good place to start.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:01 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,877,474 times
I just cant bring myself to believe in most of those as separate cryptids. I think a lot of them are just more names for the same cryptid.

Old 03-14-2020, 10:07 PM

We really need evidence for these things.

I suspect there are genetic experiments which have been done - even if these are illegal, the military has to have programs which are above the law and immoral.

Look at MKULTRA program which used human subjects to develop super soldiers and assassins. If you were running a genetic lab, you would use goats, dogs, rabbits and modify them to find out what is possible and how the characteristics of one species could be used in another species. We all know what some sick minds can devise and psychopaths have no emotional or moral barriers which allows them to possibly produce these hybrids as "experiments".

Old 03-14-2020, 11:07 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
We really need evidence for these things.

I suspect there are genetic experiments which have been done - even if these are illegal, the military has to have programs which are above the law and immoral.

Look at MKULTRA program which used human subjects to develop super soldiers and assassins. If you were running a genetic lab, you would use goats, dogs, rabbits and modify them to find out what is possible and how the characteristics of one species could be used in another species. We all know what some sick minds can devise and psychopaths have no emotional or moral barriers which allows them to possibly produce these hybrids as "experiments".
Ive always thought it was a tad suspicious, that MKUltra tried to achieve these things, and here we are a couple decades later, experiencing a rash of 'mass shootings' apparently done by 'lone wolf' gunman, that is fueling the gun rights debate...hmmm...makes you wonder! I would not at all be surprised if our own govt was behind all of this!

Regarding the dogman/werewolf/ cryptids, Ive been listening to a Dogman show on FB, and this guy is claiming he has a contact in DIA, and he is saying these things were genetic creations, to be used in wars, (going back to Vietnam era), of course, cannot believe everything you hear online, but anything is possible I guess, and when it comes to Govt and military...ANYTHING is definitely possible, they have an unlimited budget and mental craziness to attempt such things too.

Old 03-15-2020, 08:11 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I just cant bring myself to believe in most of those as separate cryptids. I think a lot of them are just more names for the same cryptid.
I think your right. A rose by any other name aye? The same or very similar physical and behavioral traits, just a different region.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:39 PM

I can accept some descriptions as "large, hairy" but the aggressive/non-aggressive part is important to separate out into different creatures. Particularly if it actively hunts and kills humans rather than just protecting its territory. We dont want to run off and kill something which does not need to be killed just because we did not bother to classify and identify it properly.

It should be quite easy to classify these things roughly due to their footprints for example (some have 3-toes & live in the swamp), others have large human-like footprints, some have dog faces and others have dark, ape faces, etc

Old 03-19-2020, 09:57 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
The Ohio Melon Heads sounds like people with macrocephaly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal