U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 08:39 AM

18,571 posts, read 13,937,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Along those same lines: When I pray, I pray to the lesser known Saints. I figure they're not so busy and appreciate the business.
Guys like St. Joseph or St Anthony are probably over worked and can't give full attention to any single request.
Absolutely brilliant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalabran View Post
but my spirit guide is probably unhappy, I'm an atheist.
It's just a job. They don't care -if you make it hard for them getting into
a lot of scrapes, that can make them tired.

Mine sighs, they see the waste of time...
I met her on the Other Side.
As in, "Fine go ahead put your hand on the stove, sigh -but I'm telling you you don't wanna do that. Fine, see for yourself."
This is a typical 'lament'.
It's a job and they can get tired of 'stupid'.

Old 03-28-2020, 09:47 AM

17,072 posts, read 4,638,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
No, I do not because so much bad stuff happens to innocent people, especially children. The people I have met pick and choose the situations they use to make their case that they are real. Kinda like psychics ignore the 1000 times they are wrong and focus on the one time they got it correct.

What is your opinion OP?
I do agree with you on this, Ive seen too many BAD things happen to children and innocent people...if 'guardian angels' are in place, many are not doing a very good job.

Old 03-28-2020, 12:27 PM

14,355 posts, read 13,913,125 times
In the ancient Greco-Roman world, a familiar spirit was known as a genius (plural genii). Sometimes they were benign, sometimes not. I have wondered if the instances of insanity that have become so common are due to exposing our troops to foreign genii, where they become infected and bring malicious spirits back to America, where they circulate like a disease.

Old 03-28-2020, 12:57 PM

11,445 posts, read 346,145 times
Royalabran: Just because you are an atheist doesnt mean you dont have a Guide

Your guide is happy YOU ARE YOU and you dont follow everyone else......

Old 03-28-2020, 05:37 PM

8,291 posts, read 4,656,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I do agree with you on this, Ive seen too many BAD things happen to children and innocent people...if 'guardian angels' are in place, many are not doing a very good job.
This. I see no evidence that invisible beings exist, much less for the purpose of US. I think that's more of the egocentric thinking that has plagued man for centuries. The basis of the "the sun revolves around US" theory. We are maybe not the center of the universe.

But if invisible beings, whatever they are or are called, exist, they certainly do a terrible job. As I type this, I know that there are many children in the world being tortured or beaten or killed or raped. So that's a double disappointment in the "angels," since presumably there would be one for the tortured child and one for the evil person who is torturing the child.

It's more likely that there is just the physical world, and that maybe the universe is chaos & happenstance. Maybe each of us is really on his own. But since there's no proof that there aren't invisible beings, I wouldn't rule it out totally. But I'd say there's plenty of proof to say that, if they exist, they aren't all good beings. Some would be either ineffective (not good at their jobs), or they are intentionally evil. Now, there's a scary thought.

Old 03-28-2020, 05:52 PM

12,978 posts, read 14,464,939 times
Yes I believe in angels/guides - to an extent. I also believe in demons - to an extent.

I learned to never underestimate the unseen world... There is plenty going on around us.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:33 PM

987 posts, read 408,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Yes I believe in angels/guides - to an extent. I also believe in demons - to an extent.

I learned to never underestimate the unseen world... There is plenty going on around us.
I am also a keen observer of this. There is definitely an afterworld

Old 03-28-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I do agree with you on this, Ive seen too many BAD things happen to children

and innocent people...if 'guardian angels' are in place, many are not doing a very good job.
Boy - more study my friend on what guardian angels and guides do.

Old 03-28-2020, 07:00 PM

4,003 posts, read 1,567,263 times
Some angels are better at it than others. Maybe that explains why bad things can still happen to good people-- they got stuck with an incompetent angel.

https://ok.ru/video/675158035086 Jack Benny's The Horn Blows at Midnight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or